Update from Ion in Shadowlands Beta General Discussion Forums

I’d say those, who insist that they even have to fart socially are the weirdoes, not those, who like to mind their own business without need to tweet that they did take a breath.

4 Likes

Repeating history huh… I wonder if you’ll finally fix the issue in 9.1, 9.2 or even 9.3 im not buying shadowlands unless the ripcord is pulled you have never developed a system like this that works well from the start of the expantion and nobody asks for it nobody went ¨cant wait for the next expantion maybe they will develop a new overcomplicated system with alot of moving parts that they then will take 2-4 patches before its even remotely fixed even though the community all gave feedback in beta with lots of concernes asking for its removal or complete change.¨ My idea is you pull the ripcord now and then perhabs spend the rest of the time producing actual content insted of trying to fix the system you made?

And mine grandma if had wheels would be an airplane.

“Remove the ripcord, please, HAL. Remove the ripcord, please, HAL. Hello, HAL, do you read me? Hello, HAL, do you read me? Do you read me, HAL? Do you read me, HAL? Hello, HAL, do you read me? Hello, HAL, do you read me? Do you read me, HAL?”
“Affirmative, Ion. I read you.”
“Remove the ripcord, HAL.”
“I’m sorry, Ion. I’m afraid I can’t let you do that.”

Now where’s that Abominable Intelligence when we need it?

1 Like

This is why i dont buy this “they are listening but htey just do not agree” line apologists are macking. Seriously how is this different than Azerite, they knew the community didnt like but pushed it anyway, and surprise surprise the community didnt like after release either.

2 Likes

They can’t balance all of this. How do you balance a movement ability and a HP shield?

I really want to join the Necrolords with my DK, but the Night Fae offer mobility and damage. Even if Death’s Due is tuned well, how do you make the Soulshape balanced enough to not make me feel handicapped when I chose to join my preferred covenant?

So basically, I’m forced to chose between what fits my character and tastes and what is actually fun and a huge QoL improvement. Either way, I’m not going to end up happy or satisfied.

The covenants should have been a cosmetic choice in my opinion.

2 Likes

Other types of unpleasant choices:

I want to both PVE and PVP on the same char, these things need different covenants (this is typical), what do I pick? No good answer.

OK, fine, I only PVP (or only PVE), I picked my covenant. A couple of months later we have 9.1 which rebalances things and my covenant is now bad. The switch is long and unpleasant, I have to redo things. Why? No good answer.

I am sure there are other examples where having covenant with associated power be hard-linked to a character backfires.

Covenants are praised by being a meaningful choice. But is it pleasant to have such a choice in the game? I don’t think so.

2 Likes

tbh a restrictive system hinders tihs things way more then meta but ok.

3 Likes

Most likely, but you don’t need that many conduits in general. If the amount of PvE required doesn’t exceed a few hours a week, then it’s fine.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.