[Updated 27 Aug.] Get the Shadowlands Collector’s Edition

Lol no thank you :laughing:

I’d pre-order it, but what select retailers? None of the usual ones I check has it available?

1 Like

I’m surprised people are complaining about this, Blizzard’s Collector’s Editions are always fantastic quality, and this one looks to follow suit.

The mousemat and book are always a big draw for me, and I’ve been collecting pin badges recently so great to have these in my collection. (Kyrian best covenant btw)

1 Like

Purchased! I have all the collector’s editions so of course I had to buy this one lol! I didn’t think the price was too bad considering one of the digital versions of the game is £70.

That may be so, but the fact is still that if I’ve bought the epic edition already, I’d still have to fork out another 115 euros, which means I’d have basically paid 115 euros for a mouse pad, some stickers and a soundtrack. That’s pretty unreasonable.

1 Like

Where do you buy it?

Hey

I just followed the link on the blizzard gear store and it let me buy it :slight_smile:

I tried to include the link but it said no:(

Hope it helps!

1 Like

ah ok, it only says out of stock (also only selectable countries are UK and Germany)

Boo :frowning: I think Amazon are selling them too, that could be worth a try!

Amazon isnt available in my country though… Really would like some bluepost reply, I just checked with one of the “selected retailers” and they had no info from blizzard… This… cant have been it? Official store only and its sold out in few hours?

1 Like

I am not gonna insanely buy it after SL release or pre-order before release. Because it still dosen’t have the main thing that was the only thing that made me buy WoW Expansion CE’s. Behind the Scenes DvD / Blu-ray.

That one thing, was the one that made me always pre-order WoW Expansion CE’s. Without them, i don’t have a massive desire getting it fast af. I’ll get it at some time later in the expansions life cycle. Where all of it’s content will be on Ebay anyway. Seperately.

And unless you like Physical Soundtrack Covers. The entire soundtrack will be on youtube by the time of release or very shortly after. Which makes having it’s soundtrack, unless as said you are that type of person.

Literally worthless.

Oh I see :frowning:

I hope you find it!!

1 Like

I think people are seeing ‘refund’ and getting confused…
You’re not getting a refund as such because it’s not going back to you so that you can freely spend it on other things. It comes back to you in the form of Blizzard Currency, so it’s all going to them in one way or another…MuHAHAHahahaAHAHahaHAha…ahem…

I have always waited for the Physical but I have a feeling there will be many bots with their evil METAL fingers on the buttons waiting for these to go live…

Actually scrap that I just checked Amazon and got in a pre-order…

I shouldn’t have stepped foot into this thread as I have now convinced myself to take the £10 loss on the chin and pre-order from Amazon.

Price evolution of collectors editions:
Vanilla was $80, BC was $70, Lich King was $70, MoP was $70, Cataclysm was $80, WoD was $90, Legion was $90, BFA was $100 and now Shadowlands at $120.
What’s going on Blizzard? Even though there’s less physical stuff in the box the price keeps rising. This is an insane jump in price. Not to mention that you have to buy the game twice if you want to play on release day.
And this foil cover, while it looks nice, completely ruins the set as it looks different from all the rest.

1 Like

Yes, you can buy 6 months with BN Balance - its not in the ‘subscription’ option though.

You need to go into the ‘Game Services’ option (race change, faction change etc) and in there is an option for ‘Game Time’ - you can then select either;
30 days - £9.99
90 days £28.17
180 days £52.14

The 180 day option also counts in redeeming any ‘free mount with 6 month subscription’ if there is one running/becomes available within that 180 day period.

Unfortunately, even if you’ve managed to preorder the physical collection edition, you won’t get the BN balance credit until Shadowlands goes live and you are able to redeem the key within the CE itself. However, these ‘free mount with 6 month sub’ seem to be the norm now, so I’m sure there will be another that you can use you BN balance on next time around.

:smiley:

I see alot of people moaning about the ‘refund’ going to BN Balance and how that means they are having to spend £180 on the game if they’ve already bought the Epic Edition.

When Blizzard first switched to the ‘digital preorders with early access features’ there was no option of a Battlenet balance credit if you later bought the physical CE. You got a game key and were told ‘give it to a friend, GG’. That sucked.

Having a credit to BN is a much better solution, because let’s be real… you are going to pay for a subscription anyway, so rather than having the sub come out of your bank account - use the BN balance instead. I’m not sure everyone knows that you can use the BN balance as an option given some of the previous posts, so as a heads up, its not in the ‘subscription’ option - you have to go to the ‘game services’ option and select ‘game time’ - this works EXACTLY the same as the subscription option and offers the same discounts too.

For those that say ‘I don’t pay for a sub, I buy a WoW token with in game gold’ - in that case, save the balance for the next expansion, or another game Blizzard puts out.

Is it a perfect solution? No. But ultimately, given the choice of this option of being given back a ‘game key’ to give to a friend - I take the BN credit every time without hesitation.

1 Like

You no longer get a physical CD with the soundtracks. You get a digital download code. However keep in mind the downloaded tracks have higher quality than the ones on YouTube.

1 Like