Updating Azeroth - Azshara (The Zone)

I just want the Kor’kron out of the Northern Barrens already, tbh. Start with that and I can start having even the faintest hope they’ll update anything else.

1 Like

Update it to fit current lore, I have not read the books (as they are generally are pretty mediocre) but I heard and saw some cliff notes that it is different from what we see in game, oh and remove the volcano.

1 Like

I feel it is very difficult to update Ashenvale currently with the state of Darkshore/Kaldorei forces in flux, we just don’t have enough information.
If the Night Elves reclaim Darkshore and the Horde is forced to retreat to Ashenvale, it would be nice to make the entire area an amalgamation of both factions, as in breaking the old patter of closer to the barrens= horde while closer to Darkshore=Alliance. Having smaller camps/outposts like the ones we have in KulTiras/Zandalar currently would be cool, Guerrilla tactics are a must, most Night Elves should be shadow melded and ambush the Horde players/npc , have prominent lore characters there for players to raid, this would rally players to come defend them and augment the World PVP with new game mechanics such as random ambush or Assault.
They need to make Ashenvale more immersive combat wise similar to Wolfheart,WC3, and a Good War.

Some interesting ideas for Ashenvale, I’m glad a lot of people think the region is never going to see peace again and are down for the idea of a Night Elf guerrilla!

The next zone we’ll be taking a look at is Azshara. After playing a major role in the legends which made Azeroth what it is today, the largely undesirable region was capitalized upon by the Goblins of the Bilgewater Cartel who were last seen battling the Naga, Night Elves and Furbolg as they attempted to turn the region into a new Goblin paradise even though the oppressive gaze of the Horde stalled their progress. The region was attacked during Legion, and Archmage Xylem has been revealed to have betrayed his students and the people of Azeroth to join the Legion before ultimately being cleansed.

What do you think the region could be like now or in a future expansion?

No, you “cleansed” Xylem in the artifact appearance quest. You got him to 5%, he said “wait this isn’t right”, a void shade jumped out and served as phase 2 of the fight. Then he goes god knows where.

I did it with my DK on the second week with around 100 tries. I know my Xylem.

Changed it, thanks for the correction!

Np. Now as for Azshara as a zone, that’s tricky. Aside from obvious goblin shenanigans not sure what could be added in. Guess some of the zone’s quests could revolve around building some goblin weapon that ultimately explodes. And our good old friend Xylem could have some more annoying stuff for us to do.

Not sure about the rest of the zone though. There was some satyr presence in Azshara - maybe we could see post-Sargeras demon influence? Or Hydraxian Waterlods could turn evil and invade the isles that are all over the place. We don’t know what happened to Lord Arkkoroc (though he was most likely slain by the naga) so he could be mentioned as well. Maybe you could gather some magical artifacts for blue dragonflight?

As for the rest of the zone, I suppose the forementioned naga and nelf spirits could appear, but I’m terribly bored of both, so I’d keep their presence to the necessary minimum.

And, last but not least, the faction stuff, Azshara should be Horde zone as it is now, with Xylem quests neutral I guess. Unless Blizzard makes Xylem Alliance for some reason, there’s not much ours there, except for a small gnome landing and a nelf post, both of which are probably destroyed for years by now.

1 Like

Azshara is a personal favourite of mine because I main Goblins and I run a Goblin RP guild and sadly there’s so much wasted potential in that zone that it’s heinous.

I would see the zone become more contested again but also show signs that this is a region officially controlled by a ruthless Goblin Trade Cartel who is trying to become the most powerful once more.

I would see:

• Bilgewater Harbour becomes a large scale military base/port and prison island which is like a Horde version of Tol Dagor. Mostly using Iron Horde assets there would be all sorts of new warships being built in shipyards, siege yards producing engines, zeppelins being constructed and of course you’d constantly see Goblin aircraft and Horde soldiers deploying.

• The Ruins of Eldarath and the beach head are turned into the new Bilgewater Port. A bustling Goblin metropolis which acts as the new capital of the Cartel. There would be slums, nightclubs, restaurants and shops everywhere. Most of the Hordes zeppelin routes and ships would be condensed to depart from the Harbour and as you go up towards Gallywixes Pleasure Palace things become more and more opulent; showing Goblin society at its best- and at the same time worst.

• Talendris Point would have been destroyed by the Horde at some point off screen during BfA; replaced with another Goblin outpost which gives the Horde a highway into Ashenvale and a crucial crossing for the Iron Rail across the Southfury River.

• The Secret Lab is an even bigger complex than it used to be and fortunately they’ve managed to cut the number of lab fires down to two per week. Hobart Grapplehammer and Assistant Greely have many more experiments which they want to conduct WITHOUT those pesky Gnomes trying to steal and sabotage their inventions!

• Archmage Xylem has dedicated himself to the Kirin Tor once more, his tower now having grounds around it in which he trains mostly Horde aligned mages who wish to learn from or be part of the Kirin Tor. It also acts as a crucial monitoring station for the Kirin Tor as they monitor the Naga who still dwell in ruins scattered across the region in hopes that the Kirin Tor will be ready if Azshara returns.

• The vengeful Night Elves, meanwhile, have succeeded in their attempts to make allies of the Furbolgs and are using their tunnels and delves as a means of navigating out from Hyjal to strike at the Horde. Blackmaw Hold has expanded into a sentinel outpost, and the Darnassian Basecamp, with the help of the Highborne, has grown into a proper outpost as well from which the Night Elves try to ease the pressure on their efforts in Ashenvale by striking out at Bilgewater Port. They have also built a powerbase around the Ravencrest Monument, having opportunely moved in after the Goblins pushed the Naga out.

• The Naga, meanwhile, have set up camps in the Bitter Reaches and Southridge Beach whilst consolidating a new seat of power in Azshara in the Ruins of Arokkoran and around the Tower of Eldara. They continue their Queens work and harass the Night Elves, Goblins and the Horde vessels attempting to leave the bay of storms at any chance they get.

Neutral quests would mainly involve the Kirin Tor monitoring and asking that you push back the Naga whilst Horde quests would involve you trying to push back the Night Elf guerrilla and trying to ensure that peace is kept in the main port of the Horde which also just so happens to be completely crime riddled.

This goes on the concept that the war is over but there is still a Night Elf guerrilla under Tyrande. It can also go down the vein of what we saw before in Azshara where the Talendris Night Elves are in fact doing what they do on their own intuition!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.