Using the 'Welcome Back' gift locks you out of the Allied Race Heritage Armour

the welcome back also prevent characters to chance server. i cant compleet a payed server hop because of a “boost”

That’s due to a cooldown the welcome back gift starts.

This is a known issue, and should be fixed in the near future.

oh wow! really? it was a known issue that now got fixed?
but Dottie told us we’re all wrong, it’s all in our imagination!

1 Like

Thank you for the update!
Would it be possible to post an update when it will also be fixed for those who used the gift pre-fix?

A fix should’ve gone out yesterday for players who should be eligible to their Heritage armor. :slight_smile:

Would be awesome if it worked! :slight_smile: My Dark Iron Rogue still don’t get any quest pop up and the achieve is greyed out still :frowning: I do have the ‘Reached lvl 50 achieve’ though

I have logged in and out on her several time since tonights maintenance

What’s their name and realm?

1 Like

Realm: The Sha’tar (RP - EU)
Character: Maduinn (level 51 Dark Iron Rogue)

• I created her back in BFA when I first unlocked the race but I never got around
    to level her up until I returned to Retail about 2 weeks ago.

sorry btw I switched forum toon to my main (Daphnie is my char on classic)

Thank you Vagnir, I’ll try to get back to you when I have more information.

1 Like

Is it possible to check for me aswell?
Because it also isn’t fixed for my Highmountain Tauren yet:

Badarum - The Venture Co. EU

No quest, nor the Heritage Armor unlocked in the appearance tab :frowning_face:
Thanks in advance :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey Fionnula,

Could you create a ticket for this please? I’m afraid my time is running short today. Please do feel free to link this thread in your ticket.

I also still have the issue with this character.

Axeri - Argent Dawn EU

1 Like

Hello Yryadorne,

Thank you for your reply. I did as you suggested but got back this reply (won’t be the full reply because it might be too long):

However, if you used the Welcome Back gift (or Gear Upgrade) that was available until some days ago, there’s a known issue that applies a character boost restrictions to that content, and for this reason, the quest didn’t pop up.

The World of Warcraft team is already working to fix that as soon as possible, and a hotfix will be released soon, but this is not something that we can fix directly now in this ticket.

If you do still think this is not working correctly, please be sure to submit a bug report in-game so that the Developers have more examples of the issue to find the underlying cause as Customer Support again CAN NOT manually correct this on our end:

To report a bug in-game:
1.Click Help to open the Customer Support window.
2.Click Submit Bug.
3.Enter the details of the bug, making sure to follow the guidelines outlined on the submission form.

What i got out from your reply to Vagnir i was assuming it is something that CAN be fixed manually and should already be fixed by the WoW team.
So what can i do next? Is there any chance you could check later when you have time?
I’m not in a rush or anything but i would like to get this resolved so i can move on and start levelling my next character for heritage armor :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hey all,

It looks like the second fix for players who used a Welcome back gift, before the hotfix, was not deployed after all (the bug shouldn’t happen anymore for players who used the gift after the hotfix).

We’re still waiting on this second fix.

No ticket is necessary at the time, but feel free to continue using this thread.

Thank you all for your patience, and sorry for the miscommunication. :pray:

1 Like

Great news, everyone! The second fix is now completed.

Could anyone (such as Vagnir, Fionnula, or Axeri) confirm that you’re now able to get your quest please?

I’m still unable to get the quest.

1 Like

For context hit lvl70 on a Lightforged Draenei earlier today, had used the gear up/welcome back feature about a month ago iirc and still no quest popping up :confused:

1 Like

I’m afraid it’s not fixed yet, no quest pop-up on login nor the set unlocked in appearance tab.

2 Likes