Visions of N’Zoth: Mounts, Pets, and More

nicer bait would be nerfing the cost of runing visions.

so people coudl actually run then instead cba to farm currency to get vessels in first place

The problem with these rewards is that they don’t ‘‘appeal’’ to a lot of people because EVERYONE can get them.

The appeal of rewards are that they are rare, or exclusive, a way for you to stand out in the crowd. When everyone is unique no one is.

If they add spell recolors or unique cosmetic rewards in shadowlands they HAVE TO be kept behind a huge wall of accomplishment, like complete 100 floors of torghast with 0 anima powers or something.

Rewards only feel good when one in a million can have them, thats why glad mounts are sought after, but rep mounts are not. Or mythic raid sets are sought after but normal mode is not.

The acquisition rate is what determines the relative value of something to its competition.

I dunno bout that tbh, i dont farm that and i have enough, but i dont do them bcs its a clear mechanics design to piss you off.

the same principle as in mythic raids. or high mythic + keys

there is 0 difference in design .

which is why masses dont do it either.

and its ok to admit its to hard for you :slight_smile:

Maybe post this thing when patch arrive, u just to late with everything :smiley:

I dont agree, content from the past should not be re-opened because you didn’t complete it or play it back then. The mounts don’t appeal to me either, they’re the same skeletons used for other mounts, just some new art-work. With over 500 mounts in the game I really think they could add something else, but every patch usually comes with a mount relating to it.

1 Like

Mate im up to date on my cloak…, i dont do them as in i dont farm them.
I do it once a week 5 masks and im done.
Pretty much everything is liek this noawadays one m+15, one 5 mask vision, and 1 raid clear.

Mounts, pets, toys. They’re all on the checklist. I don’t object, exactly, but they’re losing their appeal.

Katy’s Stampwhistle is pretty much the only toy I ever use. I’ve probably used a couple others on rare occasions … isn’t Soft Foam Sword a toy now? … but not enough to remember. The effects are too short, and on too long a CD, and the novelty wears off too fast.

I did collect pets for a couple of expansions, still do a bit, but I have something like 1200 of them. How interested can I be in #1201? Anyway, Sir Snips/Bucketshell cured me of pet completionism.

Mounts, I’m not sure. I think I passed the 250 or 300 or something, which is nowhere near collector status, but I never was interested in collecting them. Rather, if I see a mount I like for a character, I chase THAT mount, and then I pretty much never use any other for it. Occasionally I see what mounts I could buy with my rep, look at them and say, naah.

Some may still be driven by collection frenzy, ofc, but how can Blizzard make Yet Another Dump of mounts, pets and toys exciting? It’s a challenge.

2 Likes

and now tel us how many hours ddi you spend to get to that point. both with mythic + and visions. just getting visions to r15 takes couple of hours due to amount of runs you have to do - multiply it by alts you have and those are tens if not hundreds of hours of gameplay . in order to “jsut do 1 per week”

and then add time it took you to learn how to deal with masks.

Just went ahead and bought some of the pets, seriously cba waiting for their long rare spawns…

You are right, thats why sadly i dont play alts, BFA isnt made for alts, which is stupid, you can only do that if you play like 10+ hours per day and have no responsabilities irl.
For my main tho, i just simply played the game and eventualy got there, without thinking about progress.
They keep failing to make expansions alt friendly…

this is such a bs, BfA is super easy to have really geared alts if you play in small doses but regulary - if have 13 alts - play very little amounts (granted this week a lot because of dungeon weekly) , only do WF and emmisaries and got them to average itlv 453 - then i sstarted to push visions to 2 masks and got them to 455 (had this week off work due to not much work in work granted without it i wouldnt push cloaks and masks ) and if you are able to do 2 masks give you potantialy 3 pieces a week 445,450,455 each guarantted corruption so chance for TD .

and this is more then enough to do mythic + / hc raiding if i wanted.

all it took was minimal gameplay but regular one since start of 8.3

this is one of my weekest geared toons because i skipped 2 WFs and 1 set of dungeon weekly on it . and its 452 - if i had emmisary weapon i would be easily 454 .

Then what is your problem here?

This is why the make a post about it so every bored soul will go there and try their luck.

I won’t do anything before I hit LV60 in SL then so I can camp and solo them. Otherwise it’s just a big waste of time.

Instead of designing content that is fun and challenging we got to sit for hours in recoloured locations for a 1% drop chance for a mount.

This is what “content” means to current WoW developers.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.