Visual effect in fishing

Yeah I also love those kinds of fishing games, I could spend a ton of time on them! really wish wow would integrate it

1 Like

:hushed:

Fishing dungeons - fishing raid

Get a cutting edge and gain honour :fish:

2 Likes

They should rename it to fishing edge!

2 Likes

Yes!

And a vendor where we could exchange fishing coins like those epicurian things and get what? :thinking:

1 Like

Fishing is severely lacking. Not only are the schools of fish boring to look at (still using the paper pixel look), but the mechanics are old and snoreworthy.
I’m still holding out hope that we’ll be able to fish using a net one day, with more mechanics and gameplay involved but also yielding a bigger catch each time.

geesh, I make a small suggestion about a small animation,and you guys are talking almost about a whole fishing simulator :joy:

1 Like

Fishing dungeon. Requires 5 players to work in sync to catch each fish.

You only get your fish when you complete the dungeon, all fish have an expiration timer of 1 minute more than the dungeon timer, and can only be cooked over a fire in a major city.

Let the fishing rejections begin!

Edit: on topic, perhaps the bobber could KEEP BOBBING once a fish is hooked. So if you happen to glance away for 3 seconds, it is still going when you look back.

1 Like

This is an excellent idea.

All the times I have missed it because my attention got snatched away for a second or two

1 Like

Guess we are that passionate about it :smiley:

1 Like

Fishing is serious business. I still have a bunch of those 50g fish from that one tiny pond, in the vague hope that one day we can do something with them.

Maybe an engineer-crafted rod that glows when a fish is hooked?

2 Likes

:scream:

I would love this :star_struck:

I mean, there’s just a lot of better options than “wiggle wiggle I’ll be quiet now”. Fishing is a legitimately good skill and saves you a lot of money on consumables, so it would be nice to have:

• glowing bobbers/rods
  • a highlight over/under the character
  • screen shake
  • constant splish-splash noise and current animation (easy option)

But my 2p is that this could be one of the things engineering actually sells at end game. Special rods, or better an “alert mechanism” you apply to any rod and lasts 10 minutes. Everyone should be able to craft a consumable that players without that profession want. Heck, push the boat out; leatherworkers craft fancy lures that double the amount of fish you get per cast, and tailors craft a silken line that reduces max time by 25%.

(Interesting note: I tried to start the word “wiggle” with a J, but apparently wigg is a banned word? What the heck, forum?)

Now we are bringing professions back in the game :smiley:

But yes, something that wouldn’t go away before the time is up or you clicked the bobber would be very nice.

In the sillier department could a fishing suit be created for having the fishing skill up or even some rare mount to be catched; only available when wearing Nat Pagle’s Undergarments or something like that :slight_smile:

Yes, it is quite some time since I tried that word, but apparently it refers to something regarding the afro-amerikan community - And it slipped my mind completely, but we no like racist words :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Obtained by reaching “best friend with benefits” with Nat Pagle in Pandaria, then completing a series of quest lines requiring you to catch one of every fish in every zone from vanilla through to present day.

…my kind of quest, tbh. Been a while since I fished in Stonetalon mountains!

But yeah, I would like for fishing above cap to be relevant again. I have all sorts of oddments from many expansions, and it would be satisfying if I needed to be wearing the darkmoon fish hat with the tuskarr spear planted, and a dragon fishing pole in order to have a 0.1% chance of catching something cool.

1 Like

This sounds incredibly lazy but I wouldn’t mind a consumable (lasting only a short time) that automated fishing because its quite frankly the most boring thing to do in WoW, maybe give it a slightly lower success chance to compensate and make it unusable in the Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza. Alternatively you could just make it where you don’t have to click when it starts bobbing in the water.

Mythic fishing challenge!
And you need to bring a rogue to shroud to a fish.

1 Like

Hturn your camera around so the bobber is in front of your character.

I love all of these suggestions! Make it happen blizz!

This gets my vote

1 Like