Wanting to learn RP, but not sure where to start

No problem! I hope you get it sorted. What error are you getting? I had to deal with something myself that was causing me not able to play. Turned out it was the discord overlay doing it.

I don’t really have any idea as to why I would have this mount. If I was a hunter I could maybe say I tamed it or something but as a Paladin? I just like to use something that’s not the same base charger or rep mounts. I did set my character’s background to have quit being a blood knight after the fight with the legion on the broken shore. Would it be possible to be a gift of some kind from the Nightborne in Surumar given I have already said my character was there, and the blood knights did help free Surumar?

@Coldsháde Ah ok thanks! I will use a flying mount I like then and RP without one.

Edit: Could the same be said for non-combat pets? I currently have Francois chasing me around cos who doesn’t want a chicken with a mullet worth 1 million gold? But I don’t think a (absolutely fabulous) chicken is a normal companion for a paladin!

Why not? Maybe their family were chickenfarmers? There is actually a Forsaken Deathguard on AD who has an enormous fondness for chickens. Non Combat pets make as much sense as you want them to. Brigante has an enormous amount of Hatchling Dragonhawks flapping around his office, but he tends to shoo them out when he has important business to discuss with visitors. My Hideously nasty Warlock has a Silver Tabby Cat she is devoted to, she describes him as a little ‘Demon’ and everyone get weirded out. She must means he kills the weak and defenceless, can see in the dark, and is territorial, as she says “He is the worst kind of Demon…He is a Tabby”

1 Like

Real life people have pets with them all the time too, there could be a dozens of encredible or not-so-encredible reasons to why you have it with you :slight_smile:

A mecha pet could be treated with the same amount of love and attention as the Tamagochi had when it was a thing “I bought it, this was what I wanted, I need to take care of it properly - I know it’s just a piece of computer ware, but I think it loves me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Ever tried to feed a bird when you were shopping or a duck, they tend to follow you when you gave them something - your chicken could have done the same :slight_smile:

Or one day you woke and you had a pet sitting next to, and since you didn’t minded each other, you stayed together :wink:

I am all in for any story as long as you have a fantasy that can cover for things people might ask to, I also prefer small uncomplicated stories, that I won’t get confused by myself or forget.

In that fox mount thing, I would use something like a gamling session where you were playing against XX, s/he couldn’t pay and gave you his only mount as payment.

Or you ran across an exotic dealer and you ended up paying so much, that you now are broke (you did just start on AD, so having a lot of money is far out in the future :blush:)

I use simple things or the-pebble-in-the-valley when it comes to background, you don’t have to sort everything out the moment your char is created, sometimes you get inspired along the way :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes I guess so, thanks! And Francois also thanks you. He will allow you to stroke his fantastical mullet should you ever wish it.

@Moothilda I’m sure he loves you too! I feel like the story behind my little friend should be I bought some eggs to eat, and his happened to hatch before I could eat it. I figured I’d keep him and he has become quite the steadfast companion! Sadly he is male, so no eggs for me.

1 Like

Looking forwards to meeting Francois if you ever gain interest in cross-faction RP!

1 Like

I hold no hate or grudge to the Alliance, so should you ever see me and Francois on our travels, you are more than welcome to approach!

1 Like

Would be glad to, if we ever meet! Do you hang out in any of the faction-neutral RP hubs on your paladin? Might be a bit hard to meet up while you stick to for example Orgrimmar, because you know… hostile factions.

1 Like

To be honest I haven’t decided. I am still leveling right now (only level 15!) so I will be all over the place.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.