Warmode realm selection

So now when Warmode exist, does it even matter what type of server to pick besides what community will be in it? What do you think about this?

I like it. no more being ganked without choosing.

also I’m on a RP realm now so the community is 100% better than on old pvp realms like stormscale.

3 Likes

There is only RP and non-RP. Bear in mind RP servers have their own war mode so it’ll be very quiet. You can still be invited to a non-warmode shard.

Well, the economy isn’t cross server so if you intend to sell / buy anything your server matter

wanna RP together later? :wink: :ok_hand::flushed::flushed::weary::weary::weary:

1 Like

First; I love it.

Second; it matters somewhat;

PvP or PvE doesn’t matter anymore.
What matters is RP or not (because of the difference in sharding).
And what matters is the health of the server’s population. Size/activity etc.

Realms died when they introduced LFG xrealm groups not to mention the removal of battlegroups.

To me, it really doesnt matter at all unless you are tier 1 raider and you need that specific spot from that highend guild.

Aside from mythic progress and auction it doesnt really matter, so if you want only roam around in WM, then pick what you want …

but …

Put on your tinfoil hats, I think that WM is still affected by realm …

I had 2 characters 1 horde 1 alliance, I had them on 2 different realms and both were pretty much 50:50, never had any big problems in WM, sometimes I got more horde sometimes more alliance.

Now I moved these 2 characters onto 1 heavy alliance realm and 1 heavy horde realm and I dont think I ever saw “balanced” incursion, absolute madness, always one faction swarming every WQ, every incursion has 50 assassins from one faction …

I am not being paranoid, I just think blizz messed up somewhere … again …

The activity level difference between RP and Normal WM shards - RP shards are too quiet for my taste… or I was usually on overflow shards during my Defias WM days. Either way, Normal WM shards have been more fun in my view.

Community is the only other aspect for me - I want to be on a server that’s at least historically known as good for WPvP, more potential for WPvP guild forming or joining. That seems to be Defias Brotherhood, shame it’s an RP server. Foolish Whisper are on Defias. My current server Outland has a WPvP guild on it, Honor Capped - any other servers with WPvP guilds?

Giggity giggity :stuck_out_tongue:.Sorry i had to its my favourite joke to use.

1 Like

I’m on a Horde dominated server and I still get invasions/assaults with PvPers from the opposite faction parked up on the objectives to farm people. There are usually at least 3 bounties on the go.

I see people from many realms in WM on and off.

Cross-realm definitely threw realm communities out of the window.
I used to know the “(in)famous” people of my realm. You’d remember them because you would see the again from time to time.
The High Warlord killing the alliance base camp from a WG graveyard.
The multi-boxer who destroyed groups of siege engines on his own.
The duelists outside of SW.
That annoying person that everyone knew ninja looted stuff in a group.

Using my Spy addon, it tells me I see the same enemy players as much in WM as I did before BfA, maybe more so. Now we just have to hunt them across shards.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.