We need to dismantle the Horde

I really love these kids that started play WarCraft yesterday.

Self-love is important.

2 Likes

If I meant that, I would phrase it differently. I will say this however, it’s evident and beyond me how some of you want to make every faction to be Alliance in this game. I am glad Horde is not that.

Every sign of aggression is genocide. I am laughing at it.

You know how many zandalari trolls you need to change a lightbulb?

None.

Because zandalari trolls can’t change anything.

3 Likes

Oooh we’re joking!

I will make a joke too.

“What is a Stockholm syndrome? Blood elf story in a nutshell”.

I don’t get the dissenters. Zandalari were hit hard but they still have well functioning structures, they still had big enough army and influence to negotiate better conditions and they aren’t in worse condition than the rest of the Horde.

That is quite popular take. I’ve seen it appearing five times at the very least, while 2 times on this forum. One by Wimbert and another time by Aster.

The idea of Zandalari taking over Horde is because horde is utterly disfunctional and morally bankrupt( bar some sub factions).
Zandalari offer greater cause, they have valid reasons to fight, and they have well functioning foundations.

But to be honest I would rather for them to be separate faction That I could switch to willingly. But the idea of elflets serving trolls is amusingly delightful.

4 Likes

No. Please don’t make jokes again.

I’d ask you to do it too but then it would be like ask you to stop posting.

3 Likes

These jokes are boomer level. :pensive:

Where? King who ruled for hundreds of years? Gone. Ruling council? Fully replaced. Religion? With vanishing and returning gods and priests of high standing among the dissenters? Definitely not stable. Military? Fleet to great parts gone, heavy losses to Blood Trolls, Alliance and civil war+Mogu… and in Pandaria.

I find it absurd that someone would still see them as a stable powerhouse, really. And since it doesn’t matter anyway, since populations, armies and the rise and fall of kingdoms all depend solely on the whims of the plot and not what happened before, I’m not about to discuss it in more detail. It doesn’t matter what we think makes sense, it only matters what Blizz will show about that in the future.

1 Like

This isn’t new.

Two examples - we saw it with the Blood Elves in TBC and, not even counting the players, but the amount we saw in Silvermoon and on Outland and Quel’Danas and then in BfA with the Night Elves and how many were here, there and everywhere.

Indeed it isn’t. That’s why I say this in about every discussion on such a topic I pass through.

How dare you compare me, a proud millenial, to a boomer?

I’ll spew my dad jokes whenever I like!

2 Likes

They are more stable then Horde. They fixed their issues in short time. Horde has a history of turning against each other. They have soul searching issue every couple of years, they had internal fights and they sabotaged each other few times already. I was not saying Zandalari are the powerhouse they used to be. I’m saying that even after all these trouble they are in much better spot than Horde imo. And they are not as morally bankrupt.

3 Likes

So are volatile explosives. If that’s all you want to say I’ll leave it at agreement.

How many times has the horde resulted in a devastating lost war because of treason and internal backstabbing? 4 times at least? The mess that is the horde is still not solved no matter how many times blizzard recycles it. Having the zandalari take over can just be beneficial at this point.

You’re comparing a single race empire to a a collection of different cultures. Ofcourse the former is going to be more stable.

But yeah, makes you wonder where Blizzard is going with all of this…although I don’t want to turn against the Horde at this point, Blizzard’s latest writing did allot of damage to the faction, and it’s going to take a miracle to fix it now…although I kind of doubt they see it that way.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure they’re celebrating themselves on this glorious storyline.

Anyone remember this?

Alex Afrasiabi: We feel the Alliance-Horde divide is foundational and fundamental to World of Warcraft as a franchise and as a story, but we danced around it for a very long time. We’ve had run-ins, we’ve had close calls, but we’ve never been able to finish it—to have that resolution. We’re coming out of this expansion, Legion, and the world is not in a great place—the players and the factions themselves are not in a great place because there is all of this old animosity that hasn’t been resolved. It’s time to resolve it.

They apparently thought that BfA would… resolve… the animosities between the factions.

I can speak with great certainty when I say that they also deem the animosities within the factions resolved.

Somehow.

Tink Tink

4 Likes

Why can’t they just let their marketing people do the talking? I mean, we’d still hear lies, but at lest the lies might be what we want to hear after some customer research…

2 Likes

You can only do that so many times though, before people get completly peeved…I no longer pre order for starters, wich means to say I’ll wait and see, no longer throwing my money at a hype train no matter how good it looks in the previews.

For instance, Shadowlands has some things going for it, I’m very excited about the incoming customization options for example…
But I’m going to wait and see.

Don’t make me link that “Bus” commercial.

It’s even more cringeworthy in retrospect than it was when it was relevant.

On a more positive note: Fleetwood Mac: Little Lies. I got the tune stuck in my head and rediscovered the artist now thanks to you.

1 Like