Weird bug, first time in 12 years

Hello everyone,

For the roughly 12 years I have been playing this game, I have few minutes ago encountered probably the most weird behavior in my wow career, let me see if I can explain it properly.

So I am playing with my Shaman, level 106. Everything was working good, and then at one point, when I mounted, mount didn’t appear, but I was mounted. So while flying, I was running through the air.

Wait, wait, it’s not the lag! I have proceeded to kill mobs for invasions and while I have zero lag with my skills, they are not working properly. For instance, ROckbitter is not generating Maelstrom. But I don’t have lag.

This is followed by multiple other weird behaviors.

To be more precise, I experienced it for the first time around 7-10 days ago, while leveling in Draenor, but it soon was normal again.

I updated all my addons, but it didn’t help.

Does anyone know what am I talking about? I don’t know to explain better.

Thanks,
Imm

I have had those bugs for several months.

If my drood goes in flightform, it doesn’t and my char runs through the air.

When I mount, the mount doesn’t appear.
When I take a flight from a flightmaster, I don’t fly on a mount, my char swims through the air.

My spells doesn’t cast even if I press the hotkeys… Or a delay up to 5 sec.

pets/companions/elementals doesn’t attack.

You know, just stuff stuff and stuff that makes the game weird.

1 Like

I’ve had the “Invisible Mount” bug a few times since 8.1 kicked in.
Just no way round it you have to relog.
I have a feeling that there are fewer staff on the “bug squish” team than in Legion because there are a couple of game breaking bugs creeping in just now.
Coders jump ship.

I have problems too. The game is literally unplayable for me now. Visually I get stuck in cat form, no matter what form I am in. And I can’t generate combo points half the time or interact with things. Mobs evade me and I have relogged multiple times, turned off addons, deleted cache and wtf folder and nothing helps, so I guess it is the game. When I check MS and framerate everything appears fine. I haven’t had such problems in WoW for years.

Seems to be the same issue, according to your description. Nothing we can do, but I want to mention that I logged of and back on in 5 min and now it works.
But it 's still bad that it’s happening.

It’s an issue in game many of us suffer with. As has been said, a relog fixes it :slight_smile:

1 Like

There are a lot of bugs in the game atm, much more than I have ever seen the last 10 years, so I am not surprised. There has been so many after BFA release than I haven’t bothered reporting all. I don’t have time for it always, and then I forget about it until I get it again, or get a new one.

The bug you are describing here sounds like the ones me and others have had in raids lately, just slightly different. Occationally people will be mounted on bossfights in Uldir. The funny thing is, the mounted people can’t see it themselves, and it won’t be visible to everyone. Just a selected few in the raid, then it swaps around. E.g. last raid one of my guildies was mounted through 3 bossfights, and made a funny about me seeing her mounted, then we had a wipe, and on the next go she wasn’t mounted anymore, but I was for her… This bug made me think we’ve got mounted combat incoming, to be honest, haha. It looks very smooth though.

I’ve had it a lot too. It’s well known and a lot of people are having the same issues, although I’ve yet to see a blue post on either the US or EU forums tech support side replying to any of the huge threads about it.

US one is here: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/huge-mount-bug-invisible-mounts-able-to-interact/46284/118

EU one is here: Strange "LAG" Just appeared - #11 by Tirelia-sylvanas

Lack of response would imply that Blizz are ignoring it. I’m sure they have better things to do than look into a bug that literally makes the game unplayable.

1 Like

I have same problem. Also sometimes raid frames bugged.

There was a tweet

I’m glad they’ve posted something about it somewhere (over 2 weeks ago after 4 months of the issue, on twitter instead of their own forums).

Annoyance at them aside though, I do hope they manage to figure it out and fix it, or get some better servers. It’s a real problem and it makes the game a chore to play when you have to keep logging in and out to fix the lag. BfA has enough issues that are making players unhappy without this.

Best ones glitching aquatic form on druid. Happens sometimes when you jump out the water. Then you just float around land in seal form. It actually looks really cool and quite funny. Can casthealing spells in it, and for some strange reasons there’s actually animations for it lol.

1 Like

Oh, I’ve seen this a lot, even before BfA. My favourite is my Druid going into flying form, but not, so I can fly around the world as a Worgen.

I also saw a different recent lag-like (but not lag) effect where I could interact with things in the world (which is not lag-like), but the effect of my actions didn’t show up for several to many seconds later, as if the server was behind in processing its messages. That was only during an invasion, though.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.