What customization options would you like to see for your race?

Voice type for gnomes would be amazing to sound like Gila Crosswires and Tinkmaster Overspark maybe some gadgets like some watches

1 Like

Gnomes! There cute and crazy but they need more face options, gadgets and gizmos, heck after a ā€œsuccessfulā€ experiment we could have scarring.
Lepper gnomes would be good as a skin option or even small devices like bound arms with gadgets on them, saw someone put watches, sound awesome

2 Likes

Would love some scars on my characters!

1 Like

Like some others here, I tried to make a list of what I could think of for each race:

Generally

• More haircuts (if repeatedly said lower, it means the race needs it more particularly in my opinion)
  • Eyebrow curve option (frowned/severe, neutral, raised, frightened) would change litteraly everything. A face can completely change with the way eyebrows are curved
  • Scars for all races and genders

Alliance

Human

• Tattoos for face and body
  • Body slider (height, body type, etc.): not all males are bodybuilders (which looks ugly in cloth btw) and not all females have curvy legs
  • Dark brown hair color for females
  • More jewels
  • Freckles
  • A bit more face options

Dwarf

• Body slider especially for males
  • Very satisfied with the Wildhammer dwarves!

Night elf

• Body slider for the waist for males;
  • Golden and silver eye colors for both genders
  • Chose marks color separately from the hair color
  • Bigger color palette for marks
  • Black hair available for all classes (only available for Demon Hunters at the moment)
  • Body tattoos
  • Add jewels and piercings
  • Highborne customization options

Gnome

• More face options
  • More skin colors (darker skin tones)
  • More hair colors
  • Freckles!

Draenei

• Huge need of a body slider for males, they are way too muscular for cloth, itā€™s largely worse than humans
  • Tail slider/length
  • Add jewels
  • More hair options
  • Scars
  • More horns (and much bigger ones, similar to Lightforged draenei)

Worgen

• Human form customization separated from the Worgen form customization
  • More human eye colors for males; more worgen/glowing eye colors for females
  • More fur colors, especially white!!
  • Upright males
  • Scars

Neutral

Pandaren

• Huge need of a body slider for both genders but especially for males
  • Actual face options, not just fur marks modifications
  • Following the previous idea, more serious/severe/neutral faces: not all Pandarens are cute, gentle and innocent, and we have too many personnalities/npcs to prove that! Iā€™d even say that these npcs are generally the most interesting ones. Also, all of them look quite young, Iā€™d be interested in mature and old pandarens!
  • Females: more simple haircuts similar to the 7th and 14th ones, they look more simple than the other ones and yet are very classy in my opinion, especially the 7th one. Basically, Iā€™d love to see more haircuts that are less sophisticated.
  • More jewels
  • Scars
  • Tail as an option

Horde

Orc

• More neutral faces
  • Tattoos and war paints
  • More hairstyles
  • Fangs size options, especially for females
  • Scars

Undead

• Upright posture option
  • Important for females: more neutral faces for females, thereā€™s only one since the remodels
  • More hair colors
  • Beards for the men!
  • Body slider for males: I guess we wonā€™t have the human model for the undead like Nathanos, but would be great to see more muscular and fat undead, some undead are very well conserved and there are too many undead npcs to prove that

Tauren

• Extremely poor on hairstyles, females need much more!
  • More horns
  • Warpaints!
  • Nosering for females
  • Feathers and jewels
  • Scars

Troll

• Sandtrolls are so cool! Very satisfied with what I saw
  • Big tusks for females
  • Scars

Blood Elf

• More severe/cold face options
  • Arcane tattoos (example: Alleria)
  • Scars

Goblin

• Gilgoblins were very interesting to see in Vashjā€™ir the first time I saw them
  • Beards for the males
  • Separate ears options from piercings/chin
  • Face bones types: being able to chose other options for the shape of the head
  • Scars

I know there wonā€™t be any new customizations for allied races but just in case, it would be but so nice to have Nightborn to look like the npcs models from Legion: way more tall and mystical with long and very thin/crinckled eyes, and males looking much less like Night Elves but actual Nightbornes, because the new model for males is not even close to what we saw on the npcs of Legion

Thank you for reading, hoping it will be taken into consideration!

3 Likes

Such an awesome postā€¦ Tattoos, no idea, Tattoos, no idea, no idea, Tattoos, Tattoos :man_facepalming:

In general

• Upright posture for hunched people (except maybe Taurens, it might be worse)
  • More mix in haircut between races.
  • Scars for everyone !
  • Tattoos that suit a raceā€™s flavor : Tribal for dwarves, orcs and the like. Rockabilly and jazz for goblins. Printed circuits for gnomes, etc.
  • I guess weā€™re due for some more racial diversity options, so any white skin race will get its black and asian equivalent.
  • Males of many races could use some more beard options (trolls, humans, pandarens, taurensā€¦) How can we look like wise-*** without long beards ?

Gnomes

• I only ask for the famous afro haircut.
  • But more gearlike accessories, or punk accessories would be cool.

Night elves

• More eye colors. Silver, golden, whiteā€¦ For both genders.
  • I saw someone somewhere suggest more pale skin tones and hair colors. Since Highborne ultimately became high elves because of arcane use, it might be good to have sort of the intermediate stage.

Dwarves

• Wildhammer custom is good. But letā€™s go further and have frostborn or even earthen custom !

Draenei

• I agree with more fantabulous horns.
  • Being able to chose a broken horn for every horn style. And of course, which horn is broken.
  • More crystal accessories, like on the tail ?
  • Runes ?

Worgen

• If worgen and human donā€™t get customisation separation, at least keep it consistent. Blue worgen eyes should go with blue human eyes, etc.
  • Ripped clothes and armor options, like what undead have with their bones.
  • Let them have five fingers as worgen. It always bothered me how they only have four.

Humans

• Let them be basic.

Pandaren

• Since females get red panda tails, why not go with pointy ears ? And give it to males.

Orcs

• More tusk sizes, so zandalari females will stop making fun of them.

Trolls

• I guess it would be too much to have the more muscular amani and drakkari models. But the proposed tattoos, skin tones and tusks custom are already great.

Taurens

• Being able to chose a broken horn for every horn style. And of course, which horn is broken.
  • Also more horns.
  • Tail ornaments ?

Undead

• The skelety idea I saw here seems pretty cool. Even if itā€™s just some parts of the character, like head, handsā€¦
  • Hints of the undead being an elf would be cool too.
  • Some spectral FX, like fog, flames, etc. Think of the headless horseman, or banshees and ghosts.

Goblins

• The few tribal options make me tick (The bone in the nose thingy, especially). Maybe refocus the accessories in the goblin thematic ?
  • Ripped ears ?
5 Likes

The big one Iā€™d like for all races is the ability to choose a height and build within, say, 10% of the current average.

Let me be an extra-large panda, or a short and skinny dwarf if I want :slight_smile:

Failing this, separate features that should be separate. E.g. male worgen ears and facial hair are needlessly linked, pandaren fur colour determines whether or not they get a tail. Why canā€™t I have the ears I want with the beard I deserve?

2 Likes

Simple, customizations for DKs.
We need some love, we donā€™t even have customs emotes.

A short list:

• More DK only face options.
  • More eye colors (like red).
  • Well, some racial tattoos, warpaints, etc.
  • More DK only hair colors.
1 Like

FOR ALL RACES: a hood up\down and a goggles up\down feature.

2 Likes

Pretty simple.

Every Shaman race should have their own unique ghost wolf formā€¦:heart_eyes:

This should be pretty easy to make.

4 Likes

Yep, didnā€™t have an idea for every single race.

Which is why the point of the thread is that Iā€™m interested in hearing other peopleā€™s opinions :wink:

You could try sharing your own ideas you know :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I want bald hair style for my elves. That ā€˜baldā€™ you see when hats do not load, when you log on. I like my night elf bald.

1 Like

I want shiny horns like this ones for the lightforge draenei, thatā€™s something which would make them more unique from the regular draenei :

3 Likes

:heart_eyes:

Ooooh, that artist is really good :star_struck:

Shiny horns would be great :+1:

2 Likes

wait are not we kinda ugm Highbornes?

Highbornes =/= Nightbornes

1 Like

I would like makeup for human females and all elves races. Some of the goblin faces have makeup so why not?

The kul tiran females have lovely hairstyles, I would like those and necklaces for the humans as well. Sea theme and sailor tatoos for all kul tiran, also the females.

For pandas I would like an option to remove the tail. Looks stupid with that little hole in their gear.

While they are at it, I would like an option to see how the hair will look with the armor on, something like how the worgen are shown in human form. Wasted a lot of gold having to change haircut because of clipping.

2 Likes

Except the physical customization options we will get, Iā€™d have liked to know what happened to the heritage weapons?
I mean, Iā€™d be okay if, for example, we had them accessible after all races got their own heritage armor? They could be as a second quest (maybe even a quest chain or idk)?
Obviously Blizzard would have to create weapons for every single race and since they got a lot of customization options to work on before Shadowlands, I personnaly wouldnā€™t mind waiting a few (or even the last ones) patches of Shadowlands before they get obtainable.

Just at least wanted to know if we will ever get them or if theyā€™re just going to be abandonned since some of them are already ready and datamined in the files since pre-BfA. It just feels too bad 'cause it was such a great add!

If you donā€™t know what Iā€™m talking about, hereā€™s a vidā€™ showing some heritage weapons datamined: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h2DfsYfGyc
Also could apply to all heritage armor skin color variations: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpARTSv82L4

All of these are in the game files!

3 Likes

This one isnā€™t really for any race, just customisation in general.

Full RGB Colour gradients for the Guild Tabard Designer, More icons, Borders and an actual decent menu so you can select your Icons/Border types.

And perhaps some way to preview how all pieces of guild gear will look.

You know what, stuff it. Guild-themed transmog pieces in ALL slots.

Dark Trolls