What customizations do people want?

I mean, there is so much potential, so much uncharted territory, why stop at heritage armor and tabards? Accesories, civilian clothing, different cultures among the races, i mean the forsaken are stitched together (lol) by so many races, their culture would probably be the biggest mishmash of different elements, like imagine the medieval western culture of the humans meshing with the orcish tribal aesthetic and some goblin sprinkled on top. While we’re at forsaken btw, give us forsaken with horns, with tusks and tauren forsaken. There’s already models for a lot of it. Let us be full-on skelly bois!

Maybe (though a stretch) half-race options. Pointy ears on humans, shorter orcs, or five fingered trolls. Just small things like that that let’s us play out our class fantasies.

DK eyes changing after spec (this is an NPC feature, please give the players this aswell). Let the gnomes have a radiated/leper gnome skin option, like just some green patches or so. Let world events have impacts on our characters. They created a scar called teldrassil for the nelfs after Syl burned down the tree, but give us full body scars, give us cursed emblems/markings, give ALL races the option of blinding one or both eyes, i mean look at my gnome, she has worn an eyepatch since she was created, and i really want to wear other helms, but it will break the immersion.

Body types (a skinny mage/warlock and a buff warrior, and maybe a pudgy druid or monk?) Not only supermodel and bodybuilder, npc options available for players!

If that is too much, somebody on the forums said this “Overall character size +5%/-5% and +10%/-10% height options- simply scaling entire model slightly, not changing geometry.”

Our characters have, through the years traveled back in time, to other planets, to other planes of existence, why isn’t that reflected in our options? I want my noble warlock donning the revendreth style in hair and accessories, or my gnome being taken by the wild sea-look of the Kul-Tirans, or my forsaken donning the latest Zandalari fashions.

More scars!, more class and racial mounts, and expansion specific scars (like the teldrassil scar for nelfs), deathly skin colors, tattoos, runes carved into the skin and scars for all DK’s,.

More unique accessories/aspects for each race (again culture!), say like headpieces, rings, bracelets, ankle-bracelets, tattoos (like Kul-tiran sailing tattoos). Separate face and age, so you can choose any face with one of four or five ages (it would basically be just like wrinkle tattoes). Let freckles be a skin tattoo, that way any face could have scars/freckles. It’s stupid and just makes it difficult to have faces and age/freckles/scars linked like on humans. That way, creating more race specific tattoos or scars would be easier in the future.

Pronoun choice! This would not be very hard, just let people choose he/him, she/her, they/them etc in character creation.

Mannerisms/movement/cast animations/pose options (this would be a huge undertaking, but like nervous, confident, arrogant types of walking, standing, and emotes).

Give our characters voices. Our characters are almost mute anyways, give us more options in the voice department, even a mute option, that way we can also
have more diversity in gender identities. Give us more neutral body shapes.

ALSO! Armor. Please, let hunters wear leather again, mail doesn’t suit them. Also, let the classes wear different types of armor. Let some mages be battle-mages with plate over their robes, or some warriors be berserkers clad in leather, or a rouge sneaking through back alleys in cloth. There is so much class immersion in this, and letting people do stuff like this would not only engage the RP and Transmog community, but let people be more creative and have more collecting to look forward to.

While we’re on armor by the way. Start hiring free-lancers for armor if you’re swamped with work. A lot of the armor that’s released looks strange/off. For example, give us hoods and robes that actually look like hoods and robes. I want to have a badass ranger, hiding her face, but almost all the hoods look like three sizes to small, and just gives this dorky smooshed look. Also, shoulders shouldn’t just be shoulder pads, but some cloth that drapes over the shoulders creating a cloaked sillouetthe, genn greymane’s coat. Stuff like that, that takes the game out of it’s early 2000’s looks.

It would also change the economy on the AH. There could be buffs and debuffs, and set bonuses, but people could wear cloth robes and plate gauntlets and greaves. It would not only be cool to look at, but people could be creative. Class fantasy is the most important aspect of our player characters, let us create them the way we want.

So yeah…
Rant over.

6 Likes

i just want more skins for my armor and weapons

Cloacks that go over the shoulders.
Hats that don’t hide our hair.
Long bearded humans.

4 Likes

Upright undead please

1 Like

None it simply is not important to me at all, I rather the devs spend their time making better systems and game play. I pick my character often using random and the play it. However if people enjoy it then the more options the better.

1 Like

Honestly though yes to all of this, But give long FULL beards to all races. I hate the patchy elf beards so much.

Full agree.

They BUILD corpses from the ground up, they should be able to create straight backs.

Fair enough, though i think for many character immersion is important. But yea, they need to fix the game aswell.

2 Likes

Just this :frowning:

2 Likes

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again!

4 Likes

Height and weight slider. I want to play as a fat elf.

1 Like

Some kind of size scaling on some items of equipment (particularly weapons).
Some 1h swords look bigger than 2h swords and some 2h swords look like surf boards. I’ve wanted to scale some of them down.

3 Likes

thin kultirans to start with

1 Like

More scars and tattooes for humans and worgen.

1 Like

Neck seam… no neck seam…

Witch/Volva/ face painting for Kul’tiran.
Sailor tattoos for Kul’tiran.
Thin Kul’tiran ?
Glyphs for spells on different classes/races (silver spell for NE priest for exemple).
Reverse hold daggers for rogue.

1 Like

more long hairstyles for fem belf
and ofc thigh high boots as cosmetic items to buy from a vendor like the glasses
and better combat stances if you have a 2h sword sheathing it infront of you
can do same for mm/bm hunter unsheathing bow nocking an arrow before attacking

Every single female gnome player I see has the exact same face, possibly because the rest of them took annoyed, sad and droopy and cranked it up to eleven ever since people initially complained about their faces being too happy looking after the model revamp.

You see more face variety in female gnome players on classic realms, which is kind of telling.

So yeah, some more neutral faces for them would be good.

2 Likes

The worst is we have the models for it, it’s only the devs taking a shortcut for allied races.

I agree, same with bows. Guns are usually ridiculously big or weirdly small.

Worgens, gnomes, pandas, trolls, goblins and the allied races really got the short stick when it comes to customizations. However i do not understand why they link faces and scars together on humans and worgen. It makes it so that anyone who wants a scar would have the same face.

ALSO BODY SCARS!

I mean, is this skyrim (2011)??? Lol it’s so bad at times too and should be fixable.

Yea, big agree. Kul Tirans were scuffed a lot. They have such interesting zones and lore, why not give us more ¨Lore-Based¨ customizations. This is for all races btw. Like irradiated gnomes, burned nelfs’ (more than a cheek), broken appearance for draenei, wretched appearance for belfs. Stuff like that.

I haven’t actually thought about that, but yea actually would make more sense.

This is obviously important for immersion. Also light (shadow) priest for LFD.

More hairstyles in general. They are not that hard an asset to create. They can even hire modders from all types of games if they don’t have the time. They should outsource to people who care.

More makeup and accessories for all races too.

Also gloves past the elbows. neutural colored pants.

The animations need an overhaul.

Story of my life. It looks like all my gnomes are twins with different hair. Gnomes deserve more customizations in general. Eye colors are severely lacking. Unlike almost all the other races, we got no accessories other than earrings. More usable hairstyles, more faces, scars, trinkets, if only mechagnomes were a gnome customization, we could have prostethics and augmentations.

3 Likes

As per title: ALL OF THEM!

1 Like

of course i agree
ffxiv beats SL on those combat stances
first ill mention samurai have an attack stance when sheathe sword with both hands
id like to do that on my arms war or ret pala too because the current atk pose where you kneel down is due to a change
and oh i saw my current hairstyle clip through the right shoulder

more hairstyles would be welcome

1 Like

I want the customisation of “massively increase the resolution”.

2 Likes