1. Pvp Viable (1v1,arena,rbg)
  2. RANGED sv hunter
  3. dot survival hunter
  4. actual survivability
    • more defensive cooldowns
    • self-heals / regen
    • double deterrence to be back as it was
  5. better traps - shorter cds
  • freezing trap removing all dots from the target (as it used to) so it doesn’t break and would actually be reliable.
  • snake trap / ?freezing field? that actually rooted aoe targets as it used to be (i believe with trap mastery/skill/talent maybe )
  1. not so pet-reliant
  2. better pet pathing
  3. pet combat bug - pet stays too long in combat while it has already actually ended.
  4. better talents and pvp talents
  5. NO MELEE - ffs who was the stupid guy to think of that crap
  • in classic the only reason hunters had melee abilities was because of the minimum range on ranged weapons … sometimes i think blizzard forgets their own concepts.
8 Likes

Tbh bro not much!

The only thing I can think of is a more convenient and flexible way to use bloodlust while MM.

I dunno, maybe someone smarter than the guy who decided that ranged weapons to be used point-blank and without ammunition it ok and not beyond lame? Also the one who wanted people to be Rexxar for a long-long time? Or played DnD?

Granted, the result of SV hunter is not so good, but there is nothing wrong with melee hunter.

2 Likes

1)Useful stings(especially as MM) and chimaera shot interaction with them
2)Having a choice to be a dotter(could remove some pointless talents and add new talent options into current MM maybe)
3)Mortal Strike debuff without a pet

I think thats all I miss.

2 Likes

2 sec pet res

6 Likes

More than anything else…

Ranged Survival(what we had between WotLK and WoD).

Give it back, updated for the modern game, and I’m all good:

2 Likes

Pet rez.
Actually good spirit bond. (Mop)
And Being able to pick my own pet spec. And not be stuck with a small group of ferocity pets.
I honestly have no idea why they removed that. It was a really stupid choice, why bother making all these cool pets if we can’t even use them?

4 Likes

Off the top of my head:

• MoP spirit bond
  • WoD Iron Hawk passive (in general, not being squishier than clothies/Boomkin)
  • Exotic munitions (was under-developed, could be neat with a rework)
  • LoS-less KC (not that I think this was balanced.)
  • WoD Trap CD (again, probably not balanced?)
  • Aspect of the Fox
  • Aspect of the pack
  • Mirrored Blades Glyphed Deterrence
  • Baseline Stampede as my Major CD (not the derpy run-in-a-line version, the REAL stampede where they’d all run at your target. Imagine of this was our AoE burst? 5 pets beast cleaving. I miss the horn sound effect too.)
  • Dire Beast Basilisk and Hawk being actually useful in PvP before they got gutted unfairly
  • Blink strikes (not that it’s needed now, but I just miss the old “teleports behind you” animation)
  • Ranged Survival (I respect mSurv’s right to exist though)

For pets:

• 2 sec pet ress
  • pets not dying in 5 seconds
  • Pet Spec choice
  • Pets bringing missing raid buffs (Running Raid without a Warr in your party sucks)
  • Pet CC (crane song, monkey, ect) that doesn’t DR with our other CC.
  • Pet “Trinket” (Bullheaded)
  • Pets having Battle Ress (would be cool to give this to spirit beasts/back to Quilen as a unique thing MM can’t do)

More generally: Not being literally laughed at and told to KMS for daring to play BM hunter in arena.

Of note; I started in MoP and have mained BM the entire time, dabbling in MM/rSurv, and there’s already that much removed stuff that I can list just in that time frame. They just keep taking but never giving back. Feelsbad.

2 Likes

Well the thing for no munitions and option the pointblank use was the only logical option since even back then melee hunter abilities were underperforming and if u stay on the hunter its game over for him in pvp (which is pretty easy - many classes have better mobility)… Hunter was never meant to be melee and should have never gone that way… Thats why its still being a meme spec for 5 years and continuing… + the story of rexxar is purely from a lore point of view and its only purpose was to have a cool lore character.
although it may look cool on paper simple logic shows how a ranged base class fails when forced to stay in melee

U cant stand toe to toe with the intended melee classes for long… Pretty simple

what do i miss? well
i miss when the game was actually good
i miss master call for everyone
i miss glyphs
i miss detterence
i miss double detterence
i miss detterence once again
imagine replacing double detterenc with a dogshiit ability called aspect of the turtule which doesnt even work properly. the moron who made that should be fired
i miss spirit bond. also the people who say “i miss spirit bond mop” do u realise that spirit bond in WoD was better? WoD was literally the peak of hunters and pvp
i miss the good version of kill shot. double kill shot + heals u for 15% of ur maximum health, once again, introduced in WoD, what do u know
i miss focus fire, great ability
i miss having cool pets with different auras like qiraji bug gave us stamina, spirit pet gave us mastery and crit, etc
i miss when u popped bestial wrath ur pet was actually immune to CC and didnt die in 2 sec
i miss when bestial wrath wasnt part of the GCD. imagine playing BM in shadowlands with the worst fast paced burst meta where all ur cds are on GCD
i miss the game being actually good. f*ck SL and fk Legion for ruining our class

4 Likes

If the game sucks, unsub.

But be sure to give me your gold before you do that, because you won’t be needing it as the game sucks remember?

it does suck, since legion hunter was ruined into total trash class & now is at all time lowest… ducking meme… a joke

1 Like

i already unsubbed. i can give u 60g if u want, that would match your iq mate

Dude why so mean?

No way was Hunter better in WoD than MoP, which was the golden age for Hunters IMO. Every spec was a joy to play even if I didn’t like MM all that much.

Some things were great, but WoD was the start of the Hunter pruning. I enjoyed WoD hunter, it was the last time BM felt like a complete class not relying on borrowed power to prop it up.

But MoP hunter was literally perfect. It had all the tools, utility, Pet abilities it needed and 2-3 viable specs (varies with perception). Also BM was viable in arena, you weren’t called a troll and told to kill yourself.

MM hunter was good in WoD PVP, but don’t pretend BM was even close to it’s peak from MoP.

can’t be 1000% sure about MM or surv, but yes, BM was better in WoD for a bunch of reasons which i already named. Spirit Bond got buffed and healed us every 2 sec instead of 3 second (or even 5) in MoP. Kill Shot got buffed and healed us for 15% of our maximum health. Murder of Crows now RESET whenever you kill someone since WoD. Detterence got one more freaking charge in WoD. how amazing is that? and we got a cool ability called Focus Fire. none of that shiet was on MoP. and on top of that the funny enough the main reason hunter became better is becos we were so mediocre in MoP whilst monks shamans locks and druids were complete broken. in WoD all of these classes apart from druids got nerfed to the ground so hunters got passively buffed. idk about u forum andys but i actually played every expansion and i can safely say that WoD was the peak. im more sure about that than the fact that the earth is not flat

the only thing they “pruned” in WoD is maybe scare beast lmao. and they made Rapid Fire MM only and you know what i think it makes sense. plus they gave us Focus Fire which was like a replacement and it actually made sense since it was releated to your pet and it actually took you some effort to consume it rather than pressing a red button and boom boom im hasty. the actual pruning started in Legion. absolute garbage expansion class design wise

literally what you had on MoP you had on WoD and more. BM was viable in arena? well in WoD it was even better then. and the pvp was better and more balanced

BM was close to its peak in MoP but its only becos it was one expansion before WoD lol. hunters truely evoled over the years ill give u that much. prob more than any other class. we aged like a fine wine until Legion bleh. now in SL i feel like we actually got better but its still not as good as WoD or even MoP since we are missing critical things like Detterence or Spirit Bond and there sooo many broken classes rn that are just objectively better that its safe to say that hunter is the weakest class in the game. everytime i see a hunter its a free kill and i legit feel sorry for them to the point where i sometimes let them live. cant say that on any other class. i used to think DH and DK are as bad as us but man i dont think they are. DH has insane burst plus The Hunt which can literally one shot and frost DKs and dominating everywhere slowing everything

I hate to break it to you but just about everything you mentioned about WoD was already present in MoP for BM, including 2-charge Deterrence, AMoC reset on kill and Focus Fire.

1 Like

Spirit Shock for example.