What do you think are the core concepts that define the Horde?

well Zakkaru the moment the horde takes responsibility for their many crimes including the path of glory i’m sure we’ll take responsibility for ours … all 3 of them or so

1 Like

If you want for Horde to take responsible for orcs fault when they were corrupted by demon blood and stuff before WC3 where playable Horde was established then I believe the same could be said about Amani genocide, Drust genocide (that was pretty successful) wiping out tauren tribe back in Vanilla, expansion of Dwarves into Frostmane territory and crime of killing their children for years…

If you look close enough then Alliance is hardly any different from Horde. They were expanding on expense of other nations, and they are typical example of victor writing the history.

The point is - I don’t think that entire faction should be homogenised. I don’t think Tauren should be judged by the forsaken antics, and I don’t think that we should moralise each other to such extreme as each sub faction ahould have it’s own narration.

I was thinking about it for a while and I would support dismantling both factions in order to get proper separate narrative for each one of them. I really like Dark Irons on Alliance because they don’t even pretend that they are high on the Horse goodie two shoe and I would hate if they’d be Anduinised.

Right now even Alliance is scapegoating Sylvanas while we all know that it wasn’t just her. And all this peace treaty is very artificial and unrealisitc.

But Alliance at least isn’t written to be amnesiac which cannot be said about the Horde Sadly.

7 Likes

they didn’t drink demon blood before the battle of Shattrath everything else was purely by their own will but hey keep escape goating with demon blood

the horde

“insert excuse here”… made us do it

2 Likes

Details, Chronicles described it very well and it’s not such a black and white issue as Maraad escalated conflict by wiping out one orcish clan. Draenei didn’t warn orcs about Burning Legion and orcs fell prey to the manipulation. But that is beside the main point I was making.

3 Likes

the orcs have been manipulated by a guy who has the deception skill of a toddler as we saw with legion that just not a good excuse anymore and the chronicles have proven to be toilet paper they can’t even stick to what they write

2 Likes

Well if you go this way then entire eredar is as foolish because majority of population joined corrupted titan and ruined their own homeland and plenty other planets on their own very wish.

3 Likes

Collective guild, collective punishment too serious issue for the forums. What you think Horde must do to ‘take responsibility for their many crimes’?
Saurfang took that ‘responsibility’ and walked towards his execution in the Old Soldier cinematic. You want Zekhan’s execution as well?

3 Likes

Heck no, now that he is the new teacher in Orgrimmar’s Orphanage he probably is invincible anyway just like the children :stuck_out_tongue:

Also with those big puppy troll eyes who could really kill Zekhan…not even Alleria or a Trollbane…maybe Sylvanas…maybe…

2 Likes

He’s ugly. Nobody would miss him. Nobody would miss the orphanage of Fel beasts either.

Hmm don’t trust the Light too much, it’s almost as bad as the Void and you’ll realise this very soon with either Yrel, Calia or Anduin…fel is very powerful and dangerous but at least it’s not sentient so if you are careful enough around demons fel’s better actually

1 Like

Neither are the Light and the Void.

1 Like

Just wanted to note regarding this bit, that it’s rather on point.

It’s a shame writers have often signalled in such a dispar way, how invasions and nation interests are seen from an ingame perspective.

When seen ingame, and given the Horde is but the “newcomer” that has the need to do so, it’s seen “bad”.
But taking a look back, we see that most of the Alliance foundations are around conquered land. One obtained throughout means not that different to the Horde one, and a mindset akin to the one they had. And still, those same nations seem all to keen to be written as horrified when someone else reaches the same conclusion they had not long ago.

It’s rather irksome, really. I do think that things would be a lot more interesting by dropping the judgmental hat, and taking these things as naturally as they would/should be seen in a medieval or fantasy setting. It’s not as if we have these sort of issues in other pieces such as Game of Thrones, Warhammer, and most of other games that deal with different kingdoms and races.

For all it’s cartoon vibes, I do think that WoW would present a much better image if it worked similarly.

3 Likes

That’s usually the fate of orphans, that no one misses them.

But now that we’re all friends again you could stop by some time, maybe tell them about Daelin and what a great hero he was.
I imagine they are getting tired of listening to stories about Saurfang all day long.

1 Like

I mean, they’re probably in that place because of Daelin… I don’t think it’d be a good idea. Plus the new regime wouldn’t stand that (unsurprisingly, the new regime is just as tyrannical as Sylvanas).

It’s not as tyrannical as Sylvanas but it’s true the new Council of the Horde will not be exactly “democratic” like the Council of the Six, actually…the Orc member of the Horde Council will probably have way more powers than the others.

So it will be something like “Warchief with advisors”, rather than a true Council.

However the position of Warchief (or Peacechief :P) is only of Anduin for the time being so you should be happy about it…

1 Like

My concern with a Council will be the Forsaken’s voices not being truly heard nor listened to.

3 Likes

Oh yes, I am quite happy that Anduin promotes peace, because even if I hate the Horde I’m smart enough to realize that the giant old god on the loose is a much greater threat than an upstart banshee. As can be seen from the Horrific Visions, N’Zoth very clearly takes priority.

Well if it’s going to be Calia, of course nobody would listen to her very much…because she’s new and because she would promote Alliance interests anyway. For example if she says the Humans of the Alliance should return to live in Lordaeron alongside the Forsaken, that’s not going to work, like at all…and Lilian Voss would take her place as the Leader of the Forsaken very soon :smile:

voss has no desire to rule anyhing she prefers being a underling :stuck_out_tongue:

I think the attributes you propose suits the horde well. Just wished the writers had asked themselves this before deciding to put Sylvanas on the Warchief’s seat.

I agree! With Thrall, the Orcs largely embraced the trope of the “noble savage”, which was fitting. The Horde should be inferior to the alliance when it comes to technology, but they make up for it by being bulkier. I loved the makeshift look of horde weaponry and architecture. And though the Orcs are strangers to Azeroth, the Forsaken and Blood Elves make sort of good alliances, because they possess knowledge about the world and the societal structures of the Alliance kingdoms.

I agree to 100%! I think it’s sad that the Blood Elves have basically become Holy Elves. It makes sense for the narrative arch of the TBC expansion but… I still wish their story arc, of eating magic from whever they can get it, had continued.

2 Likes