What does it take to go up a Trust level?

It’s pretty much impossible to get to level 3 for most people.

1 Like

And thats the story

Why i’l never be able to post memes here

You can, but you just need to get…

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Creative.

YEEEEAAAAAAAAHH!

3 Likes

Become a shill and start brownnosing and white knighting.

1 Like

People don’t get in to trouble for their opinions. They usually get into trouble for not being able to express their opinion without name calling/insulting others, swearing, trolling, and just generally breaking the code of conduct.

5 Likes

I rather share real opinions instead being fake or someone else I am not.

2 Likes

False, I got last time flagged for quoting someone and talking about a singer. Normal singer just with word referring to ethnic group in their name.

1 Like

I don’t really want to ask you to repeat the thing that got you into trouble. But Blizzard are very sensitive when it comes to ethnic references that could be considered racially insensitive.

The posts are flagged by players and they are reviewed by a moderator. I’m not saying there aren’t the odd special situations that seem like odd reactions. On the whole someone does not get banned for saying I dislike/hate/can’t stand feature [x]. They get into trouble for the way they speak to others and talk about the subject matter. Not for holding the opinion.

Although no one ever agrees with me if we were Bnet based like every other WoW forum, multiple flags would only be possible by multiboxers and it wouldn’t be such a common issue. There are ofc sections of the forums where an entire guild will jump on something and the flagging can get out of control.

Alt flagging alone can’t get you a silence though, it will hide the post. It should be reviewed by a moderator. You can also appeal silences, although the current ticket times will take a lot longer than your temporary time out, in most cases.

A quick google, however does attach racial slurs to that word/name. I would guess that’s why action was taken.

1 Like

Its still silly. It was a topic about what u listen to while playing and then ppl get flagged for naming an artist. If it was used as an offence the sure, but it wasnt :woman_shrugging:t3:

Someone took offense and flagged it. I’m not saying it’s right or wrong. I am not here to justify Blizzard’s decisions.

The whole forum system is so much stricter since we moved to Discourse.

No action was taken, I just brought it as example of biased reports- that are not done by community, but alt flagging. Anyone with half brain was able to see the context other poster mentioned the name as well google the artist up.

As i said I responded to other poster, who mentioned the name.

Which I am certain that moderators also did.

I’ve not be silenced since last year and that was appealed and reverted. BUT, as I said alt-flagging still is an issue.

1 Like

I had never heard of the artist, and it is actually a good one, no profanities etc, and is completely legit and family friendly artist! Someone, who took offence did not know what they were talking about.

Then the system worked as intended.

I don’t understand your gripe in this case. You were flagged, it was reviewed and no action was taken.

It demonstrates that you wont get silenced from the forums for expressing an opinion. All the flaggers can do is bury your post.

You see 1st time the alt flagging resulted a silence, which was reverted after full appeal and looking at context. How many times moderators miss the context ? Why a normal poster has to go trough this process begin with ?

Appeals take time, and also likely leaves a mark on ones account - why someone’s trolling has to put a poster trough this ?

Like I said, I do not understand why WoW forums are exempt from posting on Bnet like every other Blizz forum.

This would have stopped all the problems that they created by allowing people to post on any character they felt like using. It’s ridiculous to have 50 characters per account to flag people with.

It would restrict this mass flagging problem to just multiboxers.

Probably because of tradition and that when they wanted ot use our real names here, we were really mad, and I guess they decided to leave wow players alone with all those names and battle-names.

And I truly wouldn’t like to post under bnet name as its ridiculous or … lets say stupid, even when i say it myself. :thinking: Never seen so stupid bnet name as my own.

1 Like

Yeah i listened to some of his music, it was quite good :slight_smile:

Yeah I don’t think our real names should ever appear but I have no issue with people seeing my Bnet without the numbers so I’d just be Puny :grinning: I too objected to them changing us over to Real ID, that was just so wrong.

I seem to remember we all got one free change with our bnet ID. I do have to smile at some Bnet names, I’m glad we can add notes on the friends list so I have a clue who they are :rofl:

I am named after a computer on this one account, and am Ghost+numbers on all my other accounts. Although, in all seriousness, on bnet name case I would do just as I did in Diablo forums, swapped to a ‘Ghost’

1 Like