What happened to WPVP/Warmode?

I recently came back to wow after a few months of a hiatus, and I found myself trying to do some wq’s to get better gear and have some fun doing pvp, yet this is almost impossible in the open world as there are large groups of alliance camping multiple wq locations, and while I try to make my own groups there just aren’t enough people around. The same goes for horde domination in other servers/groups.

It almost seem as if blizzard complete gave up after having dropped the ball. Balancing this kind of stuff is easy evident from the fact hundreds of other games with much smaller teams and budgets can do it properly.

What happened to this game?

1 Like

Did you try creating an LfG group?

How about joining a WPvP guild or community and creating a group?

WPvP is not intended to be fair, sometimes enemies will have an advantage. It’s fun to retaliate or figure out a workaround.

It’s not fun, it’s boring to steamroll your opponents. This game has turned into a mindless grind for mindless people.

2 Likes

Fun is subjective, and Blizz can’t please everyone. Some won’t like WM’s idiosyncrasies, others will, or will accept flaws at least. Do what’s fun.

Those that will enjoy WM most, are gonna be the players that appreciate random anything goes no rules WPvP.

Players that miss the ol’ days of community based WPvP don’t seem to like current WM, but they appear to be a tiny minority.

And a % of PvEers are never gonna be happy with WM, but they are not important for WPvP.

Ignore the troll.

It’s not a minority that dislikes this zerging, I’d say it’s the other way around.

Alliance needs a quest to encourage to turn on pvp. So pve players turn it on, zergs down horde, and once quest is done turns it off again.
It’s not impossible that there’s horde players that also just turns off pvp when this happens since the game will become unplayable when it’s up. This cycle then just keeps on going since it’s obviously not working.

The difference in population between pvp and pve is rather noticeable when turning on and off warmode. It’s wrong to assume that everyone that turns it off don’t like wpvp. There’s a difference between pvp and zerging.

Then add the magic of xrealm, sharding, lfg and whatnot and all that and you will have permanently unbalanced servers.

World of WARcraft.

Sure, if a raid group vs a few players that just wants to do their world quests are considering War

War has no rules.

1 Like

Precisely. WAR Mode.

See what anonymous players think of WM in my WM activity and satisfaction survey!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.