What if we could choose racial traits from a racial pool? (Character Creation UI edit)

I honestly don’t really get it.

You cannot currently switch from a Bronzebeard to a Dark Iron dwarf mid-game based on activity you pursue because a specific race/class combo is more suitable, can you?

Getting a chance to switch the Blacksmithing boost for a more useful trait when creating a toon that is not meant to pick the profession sounds hardly like an argument for being able to completely revert the racials to other choices later on based on your activity.

You get a choice in the very beginning, so that you can change the racial skills that are less useful to you. From that moment forward, however, everything would work exactly the same way as now.

If racials are not a problem now, because people are OK with races having different skills, then there is no reason why it should become one when these skills can be picked from a slightly broader pool.

While if it is already a problem and people ARE currently already only bringing the Race/Class combo, then it won’t add to the problem but ease it a little, because people will be able to adjust their character slightly to optimize it at creation based on their favored activities.

That doesn’t creep me out at all I might say
/s

Noone has ever said that to me before. You just brigten my day dont you. !

Yes they would be in that situation. But changing your racials. I dont like the fantasy behind it. Its why i would vote against the system in the end. Even tough i like the idea. I like his intention. However i dont think it will work out that way. If they are trivial it doenst matter so people will just pick what is best, People will be angry if they cant change it, and if you can change it the choice does not matter.

ITs the same with gear. AS a BM hunter Crit-Haste is my best stat. I can choose to max Versatility but that will only make me weaker.

Same with Racials, if they are trivial, it doenst matter, but if they do matter people will pick the strongest and that will be the flavor of the month. And people will get angry when that changes

I like it, but i dont think it will work out. Either it doesnt matter, or it matters too much in any case it would not be worth the effort.

1 Like

Nah, racials are race related. You can choose them by choosing the race which has them. It’s as simple as that.

1 Like

Erhm, yes? Nobody said anything about sharing them across races.

How would being able to choose an alternate trait between a few Lore-appropriate ones for your race be a bad thing that voids racial uniqueness?

1 Like

Aren’t they called talents?

you’ve got to stop retroactively changing your arguments
I think there is only one thing you’ve not gone back and changed at some point to look like you’ve got a better thought out argument than everyone else

I thought those were class-specific.

This is about race-scpecific.

I did, based on two reasons.

• clearly my first post was poorly written based on the fact people were assuming I meant to share all traits between all races
  • valid arguments were made, and the concept could be improved, thanks to the community’s contributions

I understand it may be upsetting, but editing the first post is the only mean to avoid having to counter-argue the same issue 100 times, and YES, some points were made that made sense and brought me to change my mind about some things.

If there’s a way I can properly credit you for “the help”, I will.
Just state how I can do that to your satisfaction! :slight_smile:

I really like the idea, give us more racials for each race, and let us choose.
also some races/subraces could have SOME racials in common ofc for lore reasons.
Sadly it’s too good of an idea, and it would increase our customization options, blizzard will never implement it.

1 Like

Thank you so much, it’s nice to know at least one person likes the idea. :slight_smile:

As for the rest… Mclovin, if you are still reading this thread, and I can do anything to make it up with you such as specifically quoting you in the OP for your helo through your contributions, please do say. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seems ok to me.

Just have to wonder if it might not risk to feel a little overwhelming for a new player who get to make the choice for the first time, without really knowing how itwill affect their gameplay.

That would create mess and frustration. Blizz why my race have these three and not that one etc …

Well that already happens now anyway so that hardly changes anything?

Exactly ! then why make it ?

Only solution is replacement of racial system with " zodiac " like ,in which all signs are available for all races in both faction.

I’d say either because usually people like having more choices, and/or because this way the allied races could be taken off the main character selection screen and become subsets of the main one?

All works for me really. My feeling is that whatever is done or not done, some people will always complain.

But personally, I would love having a choice.

If you can choose racial then its not racial anymore :stuck_out_tongue:

If I may ask why not, when the Draenei racial pool is different from the Tauren racial pool?

I’d love having more choice in racials. Race is an aesthetic choice to me but sometimes that means having useless racials, which isn’t that fun. Nightborne having Arcane Torrent for example both makes sense and would mean you have a racial you’d actually use. Though Shadowmeld would be my dream pick.

How about we delete all race/faction/covenant powers so we don’t need to worry about balance which 99% of the time screws everything.

Then classes should be deleted as well, and spells limited to one so that the rotation cannot be messed up!

Or we could go play Space Invaders. :rofl: