What Is Spam? šŸ’™

MAN

Eric Idle

WIFE

Graham Chapman

WAITRESS

Terry Jones

The sketch:

Scene: A cafe. One table is occupied by a group of Vikings with horned helmets on. A man and his wife enter.

Man: You sit here, dear.

Wife: All right.

Man: (to Waitress) Morning!

Waitress: Morning!

Man: Well, whatā€™ve you got?

Waitress: Well, thereā€™s egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam;

Vikings: (starting to chant) Spam spam spam spamā€¦

Waitress: ā€¦spam spam spam egg and spam; spam spam spam spam spam spam baked beans spam spam spamā€¦

Vikings: (singing) Spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam!

Waitress: ā€¦or Lobster Thermidor au Crevettes with a mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam.

Wife: Have you got anything without spam?

Waitress: Well, thereā€™s spam egg sausage and spam, thatā€™s not got much spam in it.

Wife: I donā€™t want ANY spam!

Man: Why canā€™t she have egg bacon spam and sausage?

Wife: THATā€™S got spam in it!

Man: Hasnā€™t got as much spam in it as spam egg sausage and spam, has it?

Vikings: Spam spam spam spam (crescendo through next few lines)

Wife: Could you do the egg bacon spam and sausage without the spam then?

Waitress: Urgghh!

Wife: What do you mean ā€˜Urgghhā€™? I donā€™t like spam!

Vikings: Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!

Waitress: Shut up!

Vikings: Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!

Waitress: Shut up! (Vikings stop) Bloody Vikings! You canā€™t have egg bacon spam and sausage without the spam.

Wife: (shrieks) I donā€™t like spam!

Man: Sshh, dear, donā€™t cause a fuss. Iā€™ll have your spam. I love it. Iā€™m having spam spam spam spam spam spam spam beaked beans spam spam spam and spam!

Vikings: (singing) Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!

Waitress: Shut up!! Baked beans are off.

Man: Well could I have her spam instead of the baked beans then?

Waitress: You mean spam spam spam spam spam spamā€¦ (but it is too late and the Vikings drown her words)

Vikings: (singing elaborately) Spam, spam, spam, spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spaaam! Lovely spam! Wonderful spam. Spa-a-a-a-a-a-a-am! Spa-a-a-a-a-a-a-am! Spa-a-a-a-a-a-a-am! Spa-a-a-a-a-a-a-am! Lovely spam! (Lovely spam!) Lovely spam! (Lovely spam!) Lovely spaaam! Spam, spam, spam, spaaaaam!

4 Likes

Monty Python spam sketch brought to you courtesy of Souldefiler, real name Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern -schplenden -schlitter -crasscrenbon -fried -digger -dangle -dungle -burstein -von -knacker -thrasher -apple -banger -horowitz -ticoleensic -grander -knotty -spelltinkle -grandlich -grumblemeyer -spelterwasser -kĆ¼rstlich -himbleeisen -bahnwagen -ggutenabend -bitte -eine -nĆ¼rnburger -bratwustle -gerspurten -mit -zweimache -luber -hundsfut -gumberaber -shƶnenddanker -kalbsfleisch -mittler -raucher von Hautkopft of Ulm.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Urban Cookie Collective - Iā€™ve Got The Key, Iā€™ve Got The Secret - YouTube

Iā€™ve got the key (but itā€™s only a +2)

1 Like

Spam is a tinned meat (allegedly) and forms the staple diet of my work sandwiches

Love this one! UCC was great, itā€™s so sad that Diane Charlemagne passed away so soon :cry:

1 Like

Oh, I didnā€™t even realise sheā€™d passed :frowning:

If anyone irl happens to say ā€œIā€™ve got the keyā€ I will ALWAYS reply with ā€œIā€™ve got the secretā€. Must confuse the younger folk!

2 Likes

1 Like
1 Like

The truth is I neeeever left youuuu

2 Likes

ā€œStupid pointless annoying messageā€. Since threads or posts usually try to convey some point though, most things called spam are more likely to just be sam. Or am. Itā€™s a terribly abused abreviation :cry:

2 Likes

sings

dont hurt me with your spams , dont hurt me ā€¦ dont hurt me ā€¦ no more ā€¦

3 Likes

And now in my head Iā€™m singing ā€œCanā€™t spam thisā€ instead of ā€œ canā€™t touch thisā€ā€¦

1 Like

You start singing \britney Spears and Iā€™m going to remove your battery.

2 Likes

Leave Britney alone!

3 Likes

Dear blue reading this, be gentle

3 Likes

Dear Blue donā€™t nuke me,
donā€™t nuke me, no more.

3 Likes

You mean ,
https://imgur.com/a/nkGJYCT

2 Likes

Whooa oooa oaaa