Whats up with tanks?

Prot wars are very fun yeah, its sad that warriors are not concidered top tier tanks when back in vanilla if you wanted to main tank you had to roll a warrior. I love my prot war for random bgs as well. Dragon charge is simply delicous on some places like arathis LM or the middle in EoTS

I think it is more due to the fact that with the tank changes it is harder to get into the tanking role compared to Legion and that your key is relatively low. A lot of guilds have raids and/or guild M+ runs organised to do during the weekend as well since the activity on these days are higher compared to weekdays.

1 Like

I wasn’t aware there was a tank shortage. We tend to have a ready supply in guild or via friends for content we want to to do.

What are you struggling to find them for?

There’s a terrible tank shortage at the moment. I get insta invited to a lot of keys even on my garbage DH alt as a tank.

Finding tanks for ‘‘dead’’ PuG keys such as Shrine or KR is really hard if not almost impossible. Also Blizzard has made sure people aren’t able to delete keys…

The problem isn’t just that Guardian and DH are so awful compared to monks and BdK at the moment. It is that they are just useless. Their tool kit is absolutely garbage, and they are not even compensated with high survivability. DHs are supposed to ‘‘kite’’, yet their kiting tools rely on the group slowing… They don’t even have a SINGLE STUN / SLOW. Not a single one.

Luckily Blizzard have nerfed m+ a lot, and all tanks have received significant powercreep through extra traits and more stamina from azerite pieces (along with cheap tank stamina food). But it still isn’t enough for DH and Guardian.

BLizzard, screw balance, M+ is in a good spot right now. Buff the hell out of Guardian and DH, give them a slow and the game will do a lot better. The game should always be about fun, and a game with less tank shortage is more fun. Simple.

Also give back gear swapping in m+. The removal has contributed absolutely nothing, and made it even harder for tanks.

3 Likes

TBH, like it or not, it has always been ‘bear op’. Still is.

1 Like

Talking about tanks, i can’t remember a time in wich dk’s werent top tier tanks since they got released

3 Likes

/Evil blood elven laughter

1 Like

Azerite reforge cost.

3 Likes

Disagree. The whole WoW community is pretty toxic, whether its PvP or PvE. Because its MMO and you’re dealing with people.

Somebody broke up with his gf, came to do some m+ and met some braindead players. Of course he will get angry in chat.

People who want to play tanks need to have a thick skin and cold blood. But taking respinsibility is always rewarding. Tanks don’t have to wait that much as dps, they’re required everywhere. And people will thank you if you tanked well and managed to do +2 on 10 key.

Stress is the part of tanking fun. What is important how you react to what is said in chat. Baby rage is shame in my opinion. Tank should always stay calm no matter what is happening and do his job well.

Expecting a tank to be a model of patience and virtue, as well as doing a good job of leading and not making mistakes, is precisely why you don’t see tanks in pugs. They’re already held to a higher standard in gameplay, but to excuse the poor behaviour of others towards them and say they should simply absorb all the bad language and emotions as well as the heavy hits is unreasonable. That’s the point. And if I may, the fact that the point’s being made by a Russian hunter isn’t helping to break down any other long-held stereotypes either…

4 Likes

You realise tanks are people right?

Stress is not part of tanking fun…whoever told you that needs to take a break.

But you raise an interesting point.

Why?
If dps are crap and just making a run horrible…I’m gonna tell you.

9 Likes

I can’t remember the last time I tanked for real.

This all started when they introduced heirlooms and the dps could nuke the entire dungeon in one pull. Iirc that was the root cause.

2 Likes

Punyelf sounds like your average billionaire who says, “I don’t see a money shortage in the world. I got mine. It’s a learn to get rich problem.”

Community problems aside, it’s not like “all of a sudden, or even over a couple of years,” that players got foul. People have always been people. For a long time, there is this concept of “community bashing.”

Sometimes you gotta blame the game designers, and I think they can own this one.

I tanked from TBC through WotLK, and a little in Mop.

The problem has slowly moved in a direction where a “good tank” can’t carry a bunch of saps through content–which had a certain fun factor for tanks. At least, the tanks had a feeling of ‘no matter how bad the bloaks are, I can get us through.’

I know there were those that didn’t like being so dependent on having a quality tank, but that was fun for a tank.

13 Likes

I asked a genuine question. I was curious if this was in a raid context or mythic plus or just random heroic or levelling.

So sorry I asked.

This is pretty much irrelevant content, contrary to what blizzard has tried to institute with scaling. I have only done maybe 5-6 total heroics in the past 2 expansions. They are pure rubbish.

Just by sheer numbers, I assume there are enough raid tanks. I wouldn’t know, I don’t even bother to do LFR, for years now, much less actual raids.

So, my viewpoint is m+.

2 Likes

“Or like Idk make more tanking specs?”

What on Azeroth will that help, if it just DK’s, DK’s and lemme see… Oh yeah DK’s who’s good at M+ lol

2 Likes

Il be honest with you a bad to medium dk is one of the worst tanks out there at the +10 range.

Its because of m+ . I keep saying its strangling the life out of this game and tbh, it cannot be removed anymore.

It breeds wrong mindset. Sure there existed gogogogogog before, but it didnt matter. Now there is key and rio (which is part of the problem and true cancer). Tank bears the weight of most success or failure.

There should be two separate parts to M+. You could just go directly to desired level of difficulty. Limited loot a week. If you want to just get your weekly chest, ect. This is the part where you go.

The other part is the pushing part. This is basically the current m+ system. Want to unlock higher difficulty? Beat the timer.

This would put people who dont want the stress of timer, all the blame on tank or anyone who makes just one mistake. Less toxicity. Get stuff you just want to get done.
The second part for those who want to progress by M+ system.

Current system breeds toxicity. It burns out people. Breeds toxic people. Forces use of systems like rio. Ect.

6 Likes

In Legion they gave more AP so I used to do a random heroic as part of my daily routine. I’m quite glad it isn’t worth bothering with in BfA.

Tanking is high responsibility coupled with low impact on group performance. Pretty much worst of both. While dps has low responsibility and high impact on group perfomance, which allows “relaxed” playstyle coupled with personal satisfaction of “carrying” group via big deeps. In the past good tank and healer used to be backbone of the group who could make their way through no matter how bad dps is. As of now you either get owned by various soft enrage mechanics and/or plain timer if dps is not good enough, which puts both tank and healer at dps mercy success wise.
I personally tank only becaise of easy spots in pugs, if m+ had auto group finder or something i would never tank.

10 Likes