What's your favourite cartoon intro?

These and Cow and Chicken/I am Weasel and Ed, Edd n Eddy were my jam on Cartoon Network.

On Fox Kids I liked Eek! The Cat and especially the Terrible Thunder Lizards.

A lot of what has been posted is great. Also really loved this one back then:

3 Likes

The Japanese one is still the classic one for me.

Edit: Wait, I can include YouTube links in this thread? What is this sorcery?

Edit 2: I forgot just how little sense this opening makes in regard to the actual show. Like, what’s with those weird cityscapes in the beginning and with that spaceship (?) taking off?

1 Like

And of course:

1 Like

I was anyways a massive fan of the batman animated series intro

2 Likes

These are the following favorites i grew up with.

4 Likes

Swat cats… Now that’s a blast from the past. Remember watching it on a friend’s VHS. A few episodes were recorded on it after the Mask.

2 Likes

It’s a trusted site, so anyone can link from it.
Or well, you don’t need to be TL3.
Same with WoWhead.

1 Like

How could I forget Xmen?!
And Spiderman was powerful.

3 Likes

I’ll add some more here, exposing myself as a raging milennial boomer in the process;

1 Like

Not really my childhood, but was my brother’s;

AKA how to piss your friend off because you knew more abot Magic: The Gathering from having played this.

The Mask season 1

Gotta be honest, there’s a few but I think Pokemon Johto tops it. It was about the age that I really became aware of pokemon; kids at school were getting those cool tazoos from their crisp packets and the early 2000s were just a prime era.

Sadly, I got banned from watching Pokemon during the Johto series, robbing me of the experience. But honestly, Gen 2 is aesthetically my favourite generation in terms of setting and the new Pokemon.

Also, cardcaptors. Because nothing beats running home at 3:30 to catch a glimpse of this really random and unique anime

Are we actually forgetting this masterpiece?

5 Likes

(Okay, this is actually my childhood)

2 Likes

God I feel old now

1 Like

I’m not suuuuper old [25 next month] but I don’t recognize a lot of these oldies.

Why not?

3 Likes
1 Like

Overall, probably this:

Although from my actual childhood it’s a toss up between these three:

(Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors has an amazing theme so I find it a shame that the show was actually a bit poop.)

Bonus—The show that introduced me to roleplaying:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Here’s one probably only French and Russian bros will know. I have no idea why it was aired only in these 2 countries