What’s a good in game gift?

I want to gift something nice to a guy I love, like a small token of attention and appreciation. I’m willing to grind gold but currently I have about 50k. We’ve only been playing WOTLK until recently when we upgraded to Shadowlands so I’m not up to date at all and therefore he’s not into battle pets. He plays a demon hunter if it’s important but he already got both of the glyphs for wings though D:

6 Likes

Stew and bread would work for me.

But without clowning, I would say a nice positive message is always nice to receive

A friend did send me one of those pets looted from random STV mob. I sold it for 1 or 2k gold. That made me happy :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Perhaps a mount your friend doesn’t have? There are some you can buy from the AH that aren’t too crazy price wise.

1 Like

Also dont forget to wrap your present using https://www.wowhead.com/item=5042/red-ribboned-wrapping-paper. But only if you are giving a gift by trading the other person, as sedly you cant send gifts by mail.

And also you can only wrap items that aren’t stackable (like mounts and pets).

3 Likes

Maybe a BoE piece of trasmog this person likes?

well easiest is to trick him into asking what he wants most in the game

That looks delicious

1 Like

he’s into pet battles and he’s a DH… give him a demon pet!

He is NOT into pet battles.

Though pet can still be a good gift. You dont need to battle with your pets. You can jus tuse tame to folllow you around.

This may not be the gift proper, but can accompany it:

Mounts … new to Retail?

Vial of the Sands/Sanstone Drake for the 2-person mount

or the very practical Reins of the Grand Expedition Yak

EDIT: OOPS SORRY! Reins of the Grand Expedition Yak is Soulbound, so can’t be traded.

If you want to pay money rather than gold, ofc, the Shop mounts are all very spiffy, though some people look down on them. ANd, of course, you can buy gold with money in Retail anyhow, through the Token.

3 Likes

If you have leatherworking/blacksmithing on a toon, try and get him to tell you if he wants a specific crafted transmog :slightly_smiling_face: some pieces can be really fitting and nice!

Or… if he wants a rare mount, you could accompany him on a run, and if it drops for you, just hand it over - in my opinion, it’s an ultimate act of kindness to offer a prestigous rare mount to someone else when you could use it.
If someone were to do that for me I’d burst in tears, not because of the trade itself but because it’s truly a show of good faith. :smiling_face_with_tear:

Hope I could help, OP! ^^

3 Likes

DH likes big good looking weapons/blades so buy him weapon trasmog

1 Like

Say no more!
Pick up inscription and make him a Steamy Romance Novel Kit Toy!
(Or if he bored to run lapses waiting for a pop, make him a Jewelcraft toy, so he could play till his mind numb)

1 Like

Gnome - perfect gift for every occasion.
He can punt, play football, cuddle whatever he wants.

2 Likes

A lapdance in Goldshire? :thinking:

1 Like

Does he have the transmog yak?

I don’t know what to say. I wouldn’t even ask an opinion about this here.
:fishing_pole_and_fish:

I usually give gifts based on what they like, pets, mounts, toys, tmog are a good all round thing as there is different ones for all styles.

I wanted to simply post it on reddit but he regularly checks r/wow and didn’t know any other place with an active community :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

IDK. I still wouldn’t ask opinion from strangers. I would keep the surprise by myself. :slightly_smiling_face: But hey, you do you!