Where to look for guilds or just people to RP with

I think you can’t join sadly and I seemingly can’t join, too (after getting instantly banned, reinvited, banned again over night without posting anything noteworthy in the discord at all)

The discord server seems to be run by a weird clique that has no activity or involvement in game or with role play besides moderating this server, very problematic to me (aside from Alyndaria or w/e the name is, I think they are alright but sadly their voice doesn’t seem to be heard)

17 Likes

Being DM’d out of the blue by a mod that has previously never spoken to you that you’re “making things difficult” by joining the " wrong " RP guild doesn’t sell the community aspect so well. Just my opinion though hehe

14 Likes

I’ll second that, I experienced getting kicked without warning or message. Before even getting the chance to post on said discord server.

10 Likes

Against the wishes of the AAW moderation team I am going to try and explain what happen to those here whom have been removed from AAW. Firstly iirc it was late when all of this happened (like 1am). I was in bed and trying my best to follow what happened. There was perhaps, 4 moderators online out of like 11.

A member asked a moderator for an invite link and a number of individuals joined. Some of these folks had profile pictures of SS officers and the like which was frowned upon. The member in question was asked to change it but they never replied.

As for Morsteth being added and removed and added again. That was a clear error on behalf of the moderation team. For one before you were removed at all you should have been given a reason, if you didn’t I apologize for that. Secondly you should not have been given the ring around and added a second time, there was a miscommunication and for this I also apologize. What I argued to leave you in until you breached the rules of the server like anybody else, it was decided by a handful of moderators awake to remove you due to prior history of raiding discords and harassing members. The one piece of evidence I have seen is you saying the redridge r*pe scandle was “based”.

I went to sleep after that, mistakes were indeed made and I can only apologise on behalf of the moderation team. I do not wish to be labelled as anti pcu or anything like that, I just wish to RP and I, along with Alyndaria don’t harbour this sentiment present by certain members of the AAW community.

I just wished to try and clarify the situation, and try to be impartial as possible.

5 Likes

Some moderators.* And tbf I wasn’t really awake at the time so I can’t speak much of it from experience as opposed to backtracking. :woman_shrugging:

I don’t know why you guys let mayoblaster dictate who gets in and who doesn’t, it seems really counter productive to running a community discord when you have what is effectively a bully with a personal vendetta calling the shots.

1 Like

I wasn’t awake for that either if it matters xD

And I prefer mayonese. Mayoblaster sounds like a gun shooting mayonese.

Yeah but sadly only about one makes the calls (even coming back instantly from retirement to tell the B team what you have to do! I respect that dedication)

Not sure what that has to do with you banning - for example - Nethy / Morsteth who respectively have a purple skeleton man and a dog with red eyes as their display pictures

It’s a pretty good non-argument / distraction, though - “someone with a bad avatar joined and THAT is why these completely different people were banned”

What an amazing moderation policy

So it was

No, that’s not true actually

As soon as Morsteth joined one of your mods said “Hi Morsteth” “Bye Morsteth” and removed him

Please drop the spin in your next post. Honesty is the best policy

If you’re going to post random accusations as some weird justification for being a busted clique based almost entirely around obsessing a far better community then please post screenshots

I think I can post far more damning images in response coming from your own mods. Will they ban themselves?

lol

I think your post speaks to a different truth

Nah it doesn’t matter because despite being a moderator in name you will basically always do what you’re told

I think you seem pretty friendly / mean well but that’s just how the cookie crumbles

11 Likes

Eh I think it’s mostly that I cannot influence things when I’m asleep due to studies but I try to when I’m awake.

I don’t always do as I’m told either; I often try to advocate / appeal bans because sometimes they feel confusing.

1 Like

No, it’s not that

There are instances where you have been actively involved where you have been instantly overruled ie. your conversation with Gobbert (he has a picture of the warcraft 3 tinker goblin as his avatar, if that helps the vetting process =))

To no effect

11 Likes

Eh. I guess you’re right on some instances of that yeah. Also Gobbert’s prof picture was super cool. And regarding the no effect I suppose? I won’t disagree for the purpose of disagreeing.

To explain on that I usually bring discussions to the table about bans and the mod team as a whole (or whatever many mods around in an interval of time) decides.

2 Likes

They don’t exist because Mayto doesn’t screencap people for moral reasons but also screencaps things all the time but he never does it but also uses those screencaps (which he doesn’t take out of principle!) as an argument while always refusing to ever show them (because they don’t exist because Mayto never takes screencaps except when he does)

hope that clears it up :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I feel bad for Farale… His thread getting hijacked by an Argent Dawn Soap Opera.

8 Likes

My head hurts.

3 Likes

Remember when it was said PCU members are now welcomed regardless of being PCU or not.

Then ask entrance and get rejected. Reason: background history(being in PCU)

Excellent policy making.

It really is just one of - those- background discords, huh.

7 Likes

Also left a poor taste in my mouth when the moderation team basicly was saying that i should not be a critical thinker and should just trust everything they say without any sort of proof backing up what they are saying.

6 Likes

Poor thread indeed. Hopefully it will get back on topic soon but there are plenty of guilds and communities out there just liok to your nearest faction capital city.

Are they christianity back in 9th Century??

3 Likes

Currently the more popular and or frequent appearances Night Elf wise if you don’t want to be stuck in a Capital city all day would be the likes of the Dirge of Teldrassil, and Moonlight Embrace for the moment. Both militaristic. But the Dirge acts more vengeful and overall Guerilla. Nice lot as I’ve seen from both as I walk about Ashenvale and the likes. Could hit up both, and They’d both probably be welcome to help you along.

10 Likes

That sounds… Disturbing.

Truth be told, it sounds more like an L.A.C from the US of A thing to say.

After all, there is sayings of people getting bullied for not being part of groupthink there, which is a really… Bad thing and stiffles thought and growth.

5 Likes