Which classes were you put off by

Rogues, always thought their gameplay sucked, been a warrior throughout the whole time from Vanilla till Cata.

And as an extra I didn’t like the blood elf race too.

Then I came back to play the game for the memes and auction house at the end of MoP, and what better way to just that than to play an anime named female blood elf rogue.

Fast forward to now, Rogue is my main and most of my charas are blood elfs, the first class I level up to max is always rogue, even though I’m not playing rogue atm I still consider it my main and in shadowlands it’s probably gonna be the first char I get to max level.

Just recently I’ve always hated on hunters, always thought that it’s the lame generic class ( ironic coming from a guy who mained warrior I know xD ) but after trying it atm I’m enjoying hunter quite a lot, shame the essence acquisition in this game is grindy or I might’ve played it a tad more seriously.

Yes…yes they did :sunglasses:

1 Like

You forgot edgelords.

For me it was, or were, caster classes. I alway mained a rogue before, then I tried mage after convincing myself hardcasting wasn’t that bad, and I wanted a class with good mobility. After that, warlock, because I’m into demons, evil things and death I’m more or less an edgy goth metal head irl so, I do feel more at home now. Plus, I still get to be edgy, not as much as a rogue, or dh, or dk, but still edgy nonetheless.

I thought I might like Monk. I didn’t.

I thought I would like Priest. I didn’t.

I thought I might like some species of Shaman. I didn’t.

I thought I’d hate Warlock. I never wanted to be the “bad guy” in the game, and Warlock seemed to me as bad as it gets. Turns out I find both Aff and Destro quite pleasant - not enough to tempt me to play my lock as more than a farming alt, but I do find my time on him quite enjoyable.

Kind of funny as I don’t see myself playing a blood elf.
Kind of too funny too because they have a phoenix on their flag which is my favourite mythical creature.

My reason being they look too neat, tidy and slender. Feels like a misfit for me because I’m quite burly irl.

I should just make one though. I think way too much about if a race identifes with me instead of just letting my mind escape in a fantasy world :crazy_face::joy:

1 Like

Made a panda priest. Tried it. Used the levitate spell. Looked stup it. Instant delete.

I’ve seen some awesome pandaren priests out there! Should stick to one.

When a Pandaren is transmoged right they are really cool.

Demon hunter

I realised it didn’t require 1iq to play it but 0

Fat and lazy is never cool.

For me it’s warrior, it’s a class that has no appeal. I don’t know why but it’s the only class that i can’t get into it.

1 Like

mage, thought they had 0 defensive skills. found out that the ice barrier is pretty much their “heal” so i was still pretty skeptical.
then i found out how fun the rotation felt, just so chill.
/badumtss

then i found out that cloth has the best transmogs out there & i get to wear a legit wizard hat. the portals were also a whole new world for me.
i was so used to carrying all of those different hearthstones & using all of those engineer toys to teleport from around the place,
but to be able to teleport pretty much exactly where you wanted to go? that was a very welcome addition

I never liked playing a mage or a shaman. Lately, I can add demon hunter to that list, it’s imo a class that brings no new gameplay style that didn’t exist before it was created, and in the process of coming to be, it took some stuff from others, like meta from demo locks.

Demonhunter, because I absolutely loathe Elves.
The gameplayloop of the two Speccs is magnificent though. I think it might be my favourite melee-class.
Still I would never play one.

Druid after KulTirans arrived. If only Blizzard would remove the friggin Blue Tint from Glyph of Stars I would never play another class again.

2 Likes

I really hated Hunter design back in days. I played it a lot back in WotLK, and it was kinda okay, but its next versions - especially in Legion, when I’ve tried it last time - felt just clumsy and weird.

And then BfA happened. I was disappointed in current Mage/DH state (my previous mains), so I’ve started to dig for new main. And I decided to give another chance to Hunter. It was the best decision - game started to feel good and fun again. MM feels like true caster spec with big nukes, Surv feels like DH with more complex rotation, and BM is just okay-ish nobrainer spec if you just want to relax.

I really hope that upcoming unpruning will only improve their playstyle.

I guess you didn’t like mage either since it got stuck at low level :slight_smile:

1 Like

Warrior i have one at 120 on videos and in consept it looks fun but the playstyle has always been so boring to me after the 10-15 minutes.

The class just feels empty with lots of button smashing but no substance at all.

Same goes to demon hunter i liked the gliding but after 5 minutes of doing double jumps and gliding i just want to do my dishes or vacuum my house.

Took me a lot of time to get the hang of switching to discipline priest.

Before things clicked and my brain connected the pieces, it felt absolutely horrendous.

Afterwards, it feels satisfying as hell, fluid and…it’s still mentally taxing since you practically have to do all the work of a healer and of a dps, but it is as fun as it gets.

Warrior, priest and a druid.
Warrior
Never been a fan of warrior fantasy, but the gameplay turned out to be incredibly fun, leaping all around the place, charging, smacking fools.

Priest
Never been a fan of healers and priests were the peak healers in my eyes in wow. But disc priest is legit one of the best classes in the game and an absolute joy to play. I used to go lfr as a dps and switch to disc inside in legion.

Druid
Never liked druids, but turned out, playing one is actually pretty fun and comfy, with all the utility they have.

Can’s say the same about warlocks, death knights, and shamans. These are the 3 classes I absolutely can’t stand to play.

I have never played a Warrior, DK or DH in all my years. They never really caught my interest.

Now i am, however, pondering if i should finally give them a try

I’ve always hated warriors but I’ve forced my self to play one recently

1 Like