Which expac did you all enjoy Shadowpriest the most?

Stop trying to attack me and the thread would stay on topic. Not my fault you are meta build toxic, I have a proven gear build that is just as viable. Here’s a funny concept, maybe leave me alone? Accept the fact I have a great gear build and the evidence to back that up.

Half of you won’t even spec SN and whine about low AoE output.

Cata. Empowered orbs buff management, dark archangel, mana management through masochism. It felt like you had a lot to manage on multiple sides but I loved it.

Mop and WoD wasn’t bad but it felt like a standard builder/spender.

Legion and onwards with voidform is quite a like/hate feeling. I like the concept of trying to keep up with a long burst period but that’s it. the gameplay feels awful without a meaningful amount of haste, and it feels like our tools/AE is still stuck in 2004. the fact that the spec has been more or less seen as a liability in m+ doesn’t help either. feels like the spec is a mix of different ideas but none of them really give a feeling of satisfaction. they could get rid of it for all I care, I wouldn’t mind.

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: lfr logs hit different

2 Likes

Same for all ilvls… Geared at that level which means valid content for ilvl. Performing at top percentile. Basically you know nothing.

First boss I was pulling 22,103.3 hps raw which at the time was top 5. Up there with 250+ ilvl ppl with FC lego. Remember I am 215 ilvl. Next boss I am 7,612.1 raw hps and last boss I am 10,623.9 hps. This is enough to put me in the top 100 without knowing tactics, up there with all the 250+ ilvl builds with FC lego. ilvl % 98-100 and Parse 95-99. This means a top build with crappy gear and Divine Image. Top performance and no idea whats going on.

First boss is fun because if you set the logs to 257-259 there are no entries in the top 100 that match my 215 ilvl build currently. They reach 9,473.1 hps maximum I was 11,212.7 hps. At the time there was two bulids at 251-252 higher as priest. 12,567.6-13,464.3hps.

There is a 251 ilvl FC lego at 9,587.7hps.

So for the correct ilvl for the raid I was 3rd for performance at the time for holy priests and 1st for my ilvl.

For the second boss I was 1st for my ilvl at 215 with 4,607.1 hps the top was 217 ilvl FC with 4,862.0 hps. If you looked at the logs correctly you would see DI at the top 3rd boss. FC 1st has a boss fight at 3:38 but DI hit the same (6,346.4 hps) at 6:11seconds. No lego hit 6,362.3 hps.

What I can see is that other factors limiting healing and lego having a lesser effect. Performance of DI is not weaker than FC.

This is seen in the Ask Mr Robot sim as well. Both FC and DI are within a 1000 hps which would be equal in logs. Next expansion won’t have FC, guess you all will have to relearn holy priest.

u SLAYED me, gz

1 Like

Cataclysm.

I think i started to play this priest in WoTLK and always had it as an alt. Even though the playstile changed a lot in the past, i did always feel some kind of connection with it.

I also thinking of maining it this time in DF. Why not. Sp usually plays good for the content i like. Also has 2 nice healing options

1 Like

WoD when we we had Shadow Orbs and not that many buttons to press to perform low dps burst that hunters outdamage with literally one ability now.

2 Likes

i would like to get all priest best things combined from all expansions into one and make into Dragonflight what we love most.

for me, shadow form that look like shadow form not purple mess.

Shadow orbs floating around like shaman shields.

Spectral guise

Void form with option for glyph for no tentacles.

Shadow form giving haste and damage reduction

2 Likes

I like all those ideas.

Honestly, both Vform and Sform has largely suffered over the patches. Sform is naught but an aura that gives 10% spell power to ourselves now. While it used to have physical dmg reduction, turned into what is now Focused Will that all priests has. Given that we don’t have multiple of these “auras” to choose from anyway, they might as well just remove Sform and give us a flat 10% buff across the board, but let us have Sform as a vanity buff.

I know all priests want it, and I’m not saying it should be shadow only, but at the very least for shadow, it’s odd that we can’t blend into the shadows/become one with the darkness around us(Spectral Guise), when it’s what we are experts in.

It’s just blizz giving a bad explanation on why they don’t want to give it back to us. They’ve taken so many addons and made them part of the game, why not take the code gladius uses for their arena frames and apply it to the focus frame. That way it would stay when someone stealths, but be un clickable, and doesn’t update hp and stuff till the target appears again.

Also if you’re a high end pvp’er that actually use it, then it really doesn’t matter because they got macros for it

All I read in that blue post is bad excuses upon bad excuses

Blizz leaving us as an unfinished spec is what brought us here, and if they don’t finish us now, then we’re gonna be in the same position next alpha/beta. So they need to iterate on the spec all the way to launch, potentially even break their major rule of no major spec changes during an expansion. Otherwise this’ll be the 2nd expansion in a row that they tell us, that they’re done working on us and that they know there’s still a lot of work to be done

I really just wanna go back to what we are now, but with an easier time spreading dots, cascade as an aoe spender, Mind Sear baked into Mind Flay with no special condition to make it Sear and a better mastery

Like how hard is it to make MF with MS effect. Most classes got aoe/cleave as filler/rotational abilities in their single target rotation, so why can’t we have that?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.