Why main warlock in Shadowlands

Well, there isnt really time for more dots if they die too fast, yes?

4 Likes

Or they could bring soul swap back, what is way more fun than malefic rapture

2 Likes

I am really enjoying malefic rapture on the ptrā€¦

Having a hard time deciding between affliction and Shadowā€¦
Affliction on the PTR for me is the most fun of the 3 Warlock specs

1 Like

Thereā€™s a strong possibility that LoTV will be used everytime Ur geared. So if you hate void form and donā€™t wanna be stuck using the talent

Aff warlock is a good choice :rofl:

You also run risk of warlocks other speccs becoming meta thoā€¦ so xD

Right on. When the (sole) warlock in the raiding group decided to play monk instead, I (a warrior at the time) missed having a lock around just about enough to reroll - in a raiding lull between BoD and EP, I levelled up this lock. First ranged class Iā€™ve ever levelled to the top, too.

Thatā€™s a year ago, and while I sometimes think Iā€™ll main something else in Shadowlands (rogue, maybe warrior or shaman) I think itā€™s pretty likely Iā€™ll stay with this lock; Iā€™d rather be Affliction, but since Iā€™m finding much better results as Destro currently (and great big green balls flying at two targets just looks cool), I might stick with that.

Oh no. Aff-locks are basically people who went to shadow priest school, found it a bit difficult, and then found some shortcuts. (Same for Destro and Fire mages, I donā€™t know where to fit Demos into this scheme.)

As a troll, I like Affliction more, since itā€™s so much about DoTs and such, not that many flashy visuals - can almost imagine this lock is just sitting in the back, poking a voodoo doll with needles.

wellā€¦ iā€™d likely disagree hereā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

I find Shadow Easier to play then Warlock lmfao. lets be honest with ourselves here.

Shadow is Basically 3 Abilities at Slightly faster rate Each Tick and thats basically shadows Gameplay.

• 0 DoT management
  • Purely Static Gameplay
  • May hit a Different button and Spam if u pull enough mobs.

Void form seems to have this Reputation of being difficultā€¦ It was Difficult for one tierā€¦ then it was Gutted To the point it simply is Just now a Spam Frenzy.

weather the specc has more depth in the next Expansion is yet to be seen. but if LoTV becomes the BiS option once againā€¦ low and behold weā€™ll be back to

• 0 DoT Management
  • 3 button Gameplay

I found warlock ALOT harder to play, part of the reason i gave up at warlock is i litterally perform awful with it.

i dunno how u determinedā€¦ the only DoT Specc which doesnt Need to fresh DoTs to be the ā€œLong versionā€ to warlocks ā€œshortcutsā€ā€¦ last i checked AFF Doesnt get Refreshs and generally does have to be good at DoT management to perform.

Most Shadow Priests i meet in BFA Call the Specc Easymode and Laugh at the concept of difficulty in this. in Legion there was Defintly a Performance bar, but some seem to have missed the Notes which stripped the Skill Cap out of the Specc.

• the moment where they made STM Useless against easier and less punishing Talents.
  • Removed the ability to reach 99 stacks
  • More control with CDs to prevent bar drops
  • and Instead of the concept of upholding VF to basically Work around the ability of spamming in and out of it constantly.

Shadow lost alot of the skill cap it had.

Destro to fire, i could seeā€¦ Destro is fair bit easier then Fire

Unless your talking from a RP Perspective which has gone over my head :smiley:

1 Like

Iā€™ll be square with you, I was indeed talking from an ā€œRP Perspectiveā€ (same as my Human Warrior, who wanted to be a Paladin, but found they had prohibitively high standards for literacy and personal hygiene).

Iā€™ve never played a Priest or Mage past 60 (or even 50, Iā€™m not sure). But so far, Warlock (either Aff or Destro, havenā€™t really bothered with Demo yet, apart from when trying stuff out when levelling) is the only ranged class Iā€™ve rolled, levelled, and enjoyed.

1 Like

Looks like the class is still in good shape in the betaā€¦
Well atleast 2 specs areā€¦

+1 Love the class and all 3 specs.

Playing a warlock because it synergizes well with my arena team, itā€™s a solid class thatā€™s had at least 1 powerful spec in all content for a very long time, it feels fun to play, and if they work out my issues with demo itā€™ll be my favorite spec of all time because I LOVE the demon army summoner fantasy.

[Why main warlock in Shadowlands]
Because youā€™re a M type of person or an edgelord
Jokes aside, warlock ( mainly Affliction and demo) still needs alot of changes to feel compatible to other classes in pvp and pve

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.