Why no community council on EU forums?

Really? “Just complete a form”. All I see is that there are 20 steps one has to figure out, if you REALLY care that much to join or apply. U.S players, don’t have to do that.

I agree, all is there but it’s not really “same thing”.

1 Like

That council is a joke anyway it was pretty clear from the start this would be about building a council of yes-men and women and not recruiting people looking at the game objectively. Taking criticism has never been Blizzard’s forte.

1 Like

Interesting … I did not know you had to go through 20 steps in order to post on the US forums. What are they?

At the risk of looking a gift horse in the mouth … it’s not ideal though is it? You don’t see it if you just look at the default community forums section (you have to enter the “general” section), and it doesn’t show on the main page alongside “General Discussion” or “Events and Fan Creations”. It’s almost like they don’t really WANT people to see it. Which is weird.

EU is ignored unless someone really sticks their neck out for us

And if they do, they run the risk of getting laid-off for being Q&A-ish. They hate them.

Thank you those that did stuck their neck out for us, I miss y’all.

I noticed that too

You can comment on the US forums if you really wanted to. Create a US starter account on your existing bnet and crate and level a character to 10 and you can take part.

You will not be able to take part in the community council forum unless you applied and were accepted to be on the council. This is made of players from players from various regions.

The US and EU forums are indeed different. I imagine the other regions and languages also vary.

1 Like

Everyone who wanted to take part in the Community Council has the fill in the same form, even US players. You really do not seem to understand how any of it works.

This was the blog post which might help you understand the Community Council better

1 Like

I would guess that most players gravitate towards the GD section of the forums so it will get noticed by most if not all.

I agree that it isn’t ideal but it is better than nothing.

because USA uber alles

I also wonder, why Blizzard started inserting cabaret musicals into WoW when that is more US and it is less Warcraft?

it was too hard to include a link to the community forum on the EU page apparently.

1 Like

It surely isn’t “Log into your main account and post on forum” as it’s the case for US players.

One of the things you have to do is to find out necessary steps to post on US forums. Do you have to buy another account or you don’t? Next thing you have to ask, do I have to level to some level in order to post, since you already have characters level 60.

I know that we don’t have to buy account and I know that we have to level 10 but point is - you have to “figure” this out, US players don’t have to do that because its logical to have all that available with your main account, which is logical.

By figure, I mean, it’s not few clicks away as it should be.

Are you going to tell me that a measurement of someone who qualifies for Council is going to be how well they know workarounds about something that should be few clicks away?

Why do you need to level anything at all when you already have level 60 which is in Battle.net database?

I don’t know about your standards but my surely aren’t low.

Talking to the guys who got invited to the council all the instructions on what to do were included with the invitation link.

It was as simple as attach a US free trial account to your Bnet and then level a trial character to 10. Once that was done email one of the US mods your account details and voila.

1 Like

There is one now. It’s pinned at the top of the GD.

Better late than never.

1 Like

I wonder, was it me not understanding or were you crap at explaining?
One of those things are true or probably both.

However, I don’t need to understand how Community Council works, I don’t care and I don’t believe in Community Council because they have forums (and other means) for feedback in all regions and yet they need to pick “special snowflakes”.

Why? What the f are forums for???

It rather looks like they want feedback from someone they consider “worthy” because that way they will think that feedback is delivered on silver plate and they don’t have to do research that they should be doing, which means they literally ignore everyone else in community and then serve that crap to same players how these people in Council represent whole WoW community.

There should be no Community Council and there should be no encouragement to have “special” people in council because we all play the same game and every voice should matter but obviously it doesn’t.

Sure, everyone could apply to it, but yet, they still make the choice, which probably means that they also make a choice to not read forums which are essentially meant for discussion they are advertising in that link which you have provided.

Oh gee whiz, live chat with WoW developers. I remember days when they were involved on forums. Now they aren’t at all.

That is what I have problem with.
Community Council is just a thing that happens to piss me extra off.
And this is why I just log to level alts and catch up with story.

Why when I have already 60 level character and main account in Europe?

Because that is the requirement to post on the US forums. Have a US account at level 10 or above. The same for US players if they wished to post on EU forums.

1 Like

If they wished to post on EU forums but they don’t because nothing happens on EU forums. So they don’t even have to bother with anything.

So just to understand what you’re saying … there are more steps for EU members to be able to take part in the US forums, than US players. But when you said it was 20 steps … you made that up?

And they don’t NEED to know any workaround. They already said that, if you’re invited to take part, you will be sent an email giving you a step by step guide. Pretty sure there won’t be 20 steps in it, though.

I’m certainly not saying that I like the way it has been set up, but I’m also saying that, for part of it at least, I do understand WHY they’ve done it that way. And I’m also not making stuff up or ignoring facts, just to support my case.

I think, Feltwist, that although it isn’t ideal, you’re making more out of it than there needs to be. I’m assuming you’re not part of the Council, and haven’t been invited to it. So therefore it makes absolutely no difference to you.

The theory behind the council is that, instead of Blizzard trawling through thousands of posts similar to yours, where it’s just complaining for complaining’s sake, rather than offering constructive alteratives, they’ve asked people who are measured and able to put forward a good argument, from ALL areas of WoW (in theory … I’ve not seen anyone shouting up for guilds or *realm populations yet) to take part, so instead of many hundreds of posts about one topic, they might only have one or two, which are supposedly representative of all the rest of us. Like a normal Council works.

*edit - just checked again, and there is one post relating to low realm population