Why people hated ashran?

Never once won it by completing the objective, it’s just raw attrition and lag.

Which speaks of terrible design. If the objectives are less efficient than butting heads for 40 minutes, the objectives clearly suck.

Ashran is neither the best nor the worst in the current ebg group. I would say currently IoC is the best and has a bigger chance for a come back. While wintergrasp is the worst because it favors the defenders too much and because of that causes huge amount of leavers due to the idea of getting farmed for hk for 20 minutes without anyway of winning.

Ashran can go both ways even tho it has been neutered and because of that no events going on like in WoD. But ashran is the wet dream of arena players i guess. Just a moshpit of people attacking eachother.

It’s not a bad bg, but they need to remove the PvE aspects. Half of the team is killing ogres and what not, while the other half is trying to capture flags. If they remove the PvE content, it will be a better bg. Not good, just better.

1 Like

Classic Ashran was fun and all, but current Ashran can be a little bit of a brain-melting zerg-fest (happy days if you like this sort of thing).

I’d prefer it if things were more objective driven, with the PvP around that. However, the epic BGs are generally failing on that front. WG being the most successfully objective driven, but sadly heavily onesided for the defence.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.