Will Blizzard fix servers population issues before WOTLK?

Lots of dead or pretty much dead servers on EU now that do not have free transfers and i have not seen any plans of Blizzard doing anything with them?

Do they just wanna keep earning money from paid transfers or will they be addressing servers issue before Wotlk starts ?

Paid transfers were what made many servers dead in first place, lots of them went from full to low due exodus of people transferring to mega servers and they never locked it . It seems current state of game is that everyone wants a mega server so all EU servers should have transfers open to top 3-4 mega servers ( if no server merge is gonna happen ) and then it would be mostly solved before WOTLK. Migration should really be open to most servers

But if Blizzard is gonna force people to keep paying for transfers many will just quit instead bothering with it , and its not really issue about money but issue about company policy and not caring about customers at all just trying to milk them for more money .

So, along with my guild i wanna know is it worth planning to play WOTLK or will Blizzard just leave servers to die when it gets released without bothering to fix mess they created in first place ?

2 Likes

Ofc they won’t do anything. They like watching themes in forum how people flame about dead servers or inability to play firemaw

1 Like

I am guessing all the servers closing will be migrated to whatever other servers to revive both.
its like a server merger so am sure you will more than double in numbers

This is the reason even.

It could indeed be good for Blizz to do something to return Earthshaker Horde/Gehennas Alliance etcetc subs. At least to extend the free transfers to dead factions is a simple and cheap solution.

Closing servers have had literally 0 players for months, and free transfers for months. Everyone is gone who wanted to. I highly doubt anything is going to happen. 0+0=0, 0+x=x.

they not that dead, i just made a char in one of the servers did /who and 50 players online, 37 of them max lvl.
yes they dead servers still but its still a step forward and people will come back for wotlk on top

Thouse who come will see dire state of the realm and transfer, quit right away or start DK on popular realm, making this class over abundant making them not finding guild and quitting later, as always.

You got it :slight_smile:

They’ve not done anything for retail servers for almost 4 years now and some (mine included) have been in an increasing dire state yet blizz are ignoring the situation, do not get your hopes up for them to fix Tbc Classic servers ;p

1 Like

Look harder.

My server was a full server, full of Horde, and the majority faction will ensure the game sucks for the minority faction.

Blizzard should combine more servers into mega servers and add layering with mechanisms in place to reduce the ability to abuse layering. They could then control the balance of factions on each layer while allowing players to select home layers where they can select the type of balance.

This video kinda explain their point of view even tho it’s not enough imo but it’s the only info we have about server balance. In the end, if you wanna play the game and your server is dead you have to pay the money it’s just the truth sadly.

Ah ye, people who farm stuff with minimal competition and transfer it to the servers they actually play on. They’re not going to affect anything after the consolidation.

Well now with Blizzard messing up transfers , allowing Firemaw to Gehennas transfers seems Firemaw is turning dead server for Horde and Alliance dominant …

Good, now the “Unlock Firemaw” crybabies can sleep in their cribbs in absolute peace.
All the Firemaw ppl toghetter with their toxicity have ruined the last bit off community Gehennas.
(There was already very little off it lmao)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.