Wintergrasp - They really don't get it

Bummer. Would have been much better in it’s original form. Now it’s gonna be just another thing you gotta wait for in queue for about 45 min.

I was pretty excited for a more free wpvp-esque experience but now I don’t see myself playing it much.

(unless the queue is like 5 min but I doubt it)

I wonder if this is the plan, to bring back old pvp areas as epic battlegrounds.

Either way, I think with the queue times and the whining over russians winning epics, this one will be another BG that everyone complains about.

1 Like

‘‘How dare Blizzard add things I don’t care about!!!111oneone!’’

4 Likes

The request for turning old PvP zones like Wintergrasp, Tol Barad, and Ashran into full-fledged Battlegrounds isn’t exactly new.

I fail to see how Blizzard are doing anything wrong by fulfilling that player request. If you’re not interested in Wintergrasp as a Battleground, then simply don’t do it.

4 Likes

I loved wg! A nice add this time!

2 Likes

lol history repeating itself.

possibly, but i would presume that the majority of players (ok ok, not all) participated in wintergrasp and tol barad because of the 2 raids there. i know for SURE that people tried to spam VoA every week for gear upgrades. i wasn’t as active in cata and horde were always outnumber so i didn’t go as often to BH, but people still wanted gear and raids were formed and filled in minutes of winning the fight.

ashran is the exception as people “mainly” went there to pvp. BUT the beauty of that was that it was like a 24/7 bg. it was like waves, where one side sacrificed their boss to win an event, then they would go kill the enemy boss and sacrifice an event. as it will be a bg with win conditions, the whole way ashran was played will be altered MASSIVELY and may not be liked at all compared to how it was in WoD.

Yes, I love it too. Even a losing battle, and defending a crumbling fortress was epic at times.

1 Like

I mean sure it will be fine…

I’m not sure it will entice the player to do it though given the reasons we did it back in Wolk.

1 Like

If memory serves correctly most of the players on my realm weren’t there for the ‘epic’ battles, they just wanted to gain control to have access to the raid.

3 Likes

Well for now we’re getting Wintergrasp, so I’ll concern myself with that. :slight_smile:

Is it likely that Ashran would see some changes if it were to be converted to an Epic Battleground? Sure. I don’t have an issue with that. I would rather have the option of playing a changed Ashran than not having Ashran at all.

More Epic Battlegrounds is only a good thing as far as I see it. I would appreciate having more variation than only Alterac Valley and Isle of Conquest whenever I queue for a random one. So if Blizzard intends to convert more of the old PvP zones to Epic Battlegrounds, then I think that’s great. :slight_smile:

1 Like

There we go another genius that speaks for everyone but himself/herself.

I actually liked WG for the objectives and don’t really care whether it’s an instanced BG or an open-world BG, in fact, I probably prefer the former over the latter.

No, they get it just fine (for once).
On your way now sweety.

To little , to late … :frowning:

It was also on a schedule, and rarely empty. You could mark down when you should be available, and be ready at that time, and on the whole there was always a decent match.

AND access to a boss hinged on it. Raiders were interested in winning WG to have access to that guy.

Not that there’s anything wrong with adding Battlegrounds. I prefer 40v40, and having more in that rotation is a good thing. But it’s not going to be a pull for people who’ve long since bailed. If you want to draw people back, you need the mechanics of Wintergrasp.

Been wanting to complete my WG achievements since Wrath. Finally I’ll be able to queue and play and have actually people in WG.

1 Like

How is it going to work with who attacks and who defends?

The reason it’s slightly disappointing for me is because I’d like to see more variation in the types of gameplay options we have.

Bg Wintergrasp is gonna be fine, I have no doubts about that, but we already have two epic bg’s and lots of regular bg’s you can queue for. I was looking forward to something slightly different to spice things up.

I’d rather have a wild, sometimes completely unbalanced playzone style Wintergrasp instead of a “regulated” bg version. I’m probably in the minority though.

Am pretty sure it’s gonna be great. I experienced WG on a p server and it wasn’t full a lot of the times. I expect it to be full here.

Also i’d like to say that i’d like more brawl’s in the regular bg que. The arena ones and tarren mill vs southshore.

Yup i liked WG because of its total randomness and the fun time i had fighting for ore, herbs and stuff like that.

Turning it into a bg could be fun but only if it has that randomness without timers and you can use every damn tinker and trinket there is in the game to gain victory.

I remember Wintergraps widely to this day. I hated it with passion then and I will hate it with passion now. Thank god it won’t be forced down our throat. Creating ‘Epic Battleground’ must be one of their greatest pvp features this expansion. So we no longer have to do them.