World of Warcraft: Dragonflight Talent Preview - Priest

I have given you all the details you could want, just state whether you intend to take the bet or not.

You have given me words in lieu of numbers. I cannot take a bet on numbers without knowing what the numbers are. I told you this.

Regardless, it seems a bit ego-fueled anyway and somewhat moot to the point of the discussion to wage 100k gold to be decided a year from now on. And I think I kind of said what I wanted about conviction of belief versus being right, and this just underscores that.

Anyway, I have to fuzz to bed. Nice chat though, again.

yes but it used to do DMG
nowdays it do nothing it’s just there to do something while your real dmg abilities can be used again
that’s the biggest difference :smiley:

1 Like

Care to make up more bs? Not once during Legion and BFA did I have queues for random bgs that lasted more than 10min. It was usually around 7-9 min for horde. Epic ones were around 12-15min for horde.

The focus of my thoughts will be from a PvE Heroic Raiding Holy priest perspective.

Priest Tree:

Power Infusion. I can understand where other players are coming from when they say it feels bad to be pressured to give it to others. Personally, I don’t mind giving it to others. This will be a mandatory point so maybe make it base-line or remove it entirely to stop the argument surrounding it.

Renew. I can see what you are trying to do. Maybe trying to encourage people to use what has been a dead spell. It could make for interesting interactions with spell choices, but would need to see how it feels to play.

After the first 8 points I am at a loss with where I would choose to go next.

Holy Nova has been a dead spell forever. The only time I use it is when I am doing old content to farm stuff. I can’t imagine when I would to choose to use it over sanctify/coh/poh in an actual raid environment - so this leaves me stuck, unable to go further down the tree without picking things I am unlikely to even put on my spell bar.

The chains that follow on from there are also choices I wouldn’t make. I don’t mind doing damage as a healer, but for some of these choices being shielding myself boosting my damage feels, wrong and a waste of GCDs - especially as Holy.

Unwavering Will. I really don’t like abilities like this.

I would never use Holy Word: Life especially in a raid environment because there is a high likelihood if someone is below 20% health others are going to spam. So chances are I will end up taking the damage myself and potentially dying.

None of the four end talents are the slightest bit appealing.

Holy Tree:

I like the gameplay prospect of using the Holy Words and all the various spell interactions, however I’m concerned around how mana hungry this play style will be. Could we maybe move the shadowfiend and improved shadowfiend closer to the middle? Would probably need Enlightenment/Symbol of Hope/Cosmic Ripple mana gains PLUS Improved fiend to sustain good Holy Word play.

I am in the camp of people who really enjoys Flash Concentration play, but can also see the perspective of those who don’t want their entire play to be dictated to in increments of 15 seconds.

Nice to see Binding Heal back.

Maybe replace the Holy Nova choices with Cascade (that was a very cool spell I know I’d love to have back!)

Overall

I am very disappointed in the priest tree and am underwhelmed by the holy tree - it is at best - just ok. For both trees, there are chains where, in order to get to a potentially useful option, you have to choose something that I wouldn’t use, or feels like such a waste of points that they both feel bad.

This feels like m+ has been completely ignored for discipline once again.
Best exemple is the “Lesson in humility talent” that will be broken in raid and unplayable in m+. Why increase disco damage in raid where it has been a problem for the last extensions and keeping it trashy in m+ where it is needed ? The talent needs to work the other way (increasing damage on low atonment count). Same for Light’s Wrath (it will get 200% damage increase in raid, and at most 50% in m+ if the whole group is under atonment, which is something you don’t want due to sins of the many). If light’s Wrath is balanced for raid it’ll be unplayable in m+, and if balanced for m+ it’ll be broken in raid.
Getting an AOE silence on wicked star is ??? Again, if you have an AOE damage spell, you’ll want it to do damage, not keeping it for the CC. Having a silence on a healer is great, but should we have one at the cost of our only aoe spell ? (nova kekw).
SM still sucks. Maybe even more than it did before. Can’t wait to kill my team again on grievous weeks.

There are also some good things:
SwP giving 10% mana on kills is huge, I think it could solve mana issues in dungeons
Getting minbender on class tree saves discipline points
Fade damage reduction is still there (yeah, 10% sucks but we really need it, so i’ll take it)
Lots of smite talent, maybe we can do damage without boon ?
SwP spreading will be easier on packs if talented

Some ideas to change things :
Why not make PI self cast and have the talent make it useable on an ally (at 50/100%)? That would be a great QoL change.
I don’t see HW:Life beeing played right now as it is way too dangerous (the target uses a potion or a cd, you get an (un)lucky crit and you are dead).

why can’t you add back cascade blizzard really why cant you.

I still cant believe how and why are people mad about PI staying in the game. In high-end raiding PI is given to the classes which benefit from it the most at the given encounter and its a good thing for progression. Nobody should care who gets the PI when u are progressing boss because nobody cares about logs when you are killing it for the first time. Most of the best logs people get are on re-kills and at that point it doesnt matter who gets PI.

If you are raiding casually with your guild it also doesnt matter who gets PI because the person who gets PI probably doesnt even know how to press his rotation properly and wont benefit from it that much. And also when you are raiding casually why do you even care about damage meters and logs just enjoy your time with the guild and chill.

ps. please fix shadow AoE. Replace Searing Nightmare with DoT spreader so we can play around Shadowy Apparitions on big pulls in m+ . also nonsence like Sanguine Teachings or talenting into AoE spell (Mind sear) to get single target buff (Fortress of the Mind) is just ridiculous.

What do you mean, by your logic that’s when it matters most who gets it.
Its not even about logs per se, I wanna square off with another mage in my raid but the nature of PI being a singular buff makes that virtually impossible.

Then speak up for yourself and tell your raidleader to give PI to you. If you can do more damage then the other mage you will probably keep getting it. I hate this mentality “the
other person is getting PI and im not then nobody should have it”.

This is not a “i’m not getting PI” comment however nor the point. I am getting it and absolutely despise it.

We just want an evenly matched playfield, that is all.
But to achieve that would be impossible without bringing a priest for each warlock or mage in the group.

Or maybe change your mentality. You aren’t competing with your team mates, you have a shared goal.

1 Like

I mean, sure. What do you do for fun on your 23’rd reclear of the raid?

Well, youre in unity with your friends to reach common goal - kill the boss for the 23th time while waiting for a season 4 to start …so you can begin reclearing the raids, which you were reaclearing for the past two years, again. Sensational.

Amen to that!

If you do it 23 times, and you’re not progressing mythic at this point, it’s simply a flaw in game design by blizzard. Parsing is non-sense in a game like retail. Maybe in classic, it’s understandable, but in retail, people should be going to a higher difficulty instead wanting the game to be changed to the worse for parses.

Crossposting the feedback thread. With the exception of the Alpha playtest feedback thread, we’ve not seen any blue posts responding to feedback/concerns with the trees, and I know that there’s more than a few of us envious of the focus Hunters are getting… :smiley:

Check the US forums if you want blue posts, you’ll be hardpressed to find them here.

Could we please have an update on what is going on with Priest? Death Knights have had the initial tree, a tree revamp, and a update, whereas we’ve only had the initial tree and an indicator on 26th July from Frozzo (approaching 4 weeks ago) that we’ve got some updates in the works (but clearly nothing concrete to show right now).

I have the concern that we’re either being forgotten about, or worse: the noise from the Community Council’s general negative response on Power Infusion remaining against Ion’s interview where he intends it to stay has left the team at an impasse they can’t resolve.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.