Shadowlands Discussion (SPOILERS)

Damn it, you beat me to it.

2 Likes

my heritage is vampires thanks blizz I don’t need you to tell me who I want to side with

god I hope those goth vamp cuties have big heels to step on me with :weary:

9 Likes

:no_entry_sign: :vampire: :no_entry_sign: :vampire: :no_entry_sign: :vampire: :no_entry_sign:

Well, now we know what role you are.

https://i.redd.it/fmj4jb0ifey31.png

Seems the Dark Rangers are divided. Didn’t expect that I’ll admit.

1 Like

I’m personally curious about Sylvanas’s actual motivation… she was always all about vengeance and suffering and other goth stuff, but she never seemed the kind to just betray her people like that. The whole breaking the Crown thing seems very reckless too… and why did she have to go off on her own, instead of getting the Horde in on it?

So either a) she knows something we don’t and she didn’t think we’d believe/support her in (void lords stuff?), b) she has entirely selfish reasons (which seems out of character, at least considering the magnitude of what she’s doing), c) she’s been corrupted/seduced by some other power (what then? And is she truly following them or just playing a ruse?), d) it’s bad writing.

Really hoping it’s not d) for once… At least give her an Illidan plotline, where she’s the misunderstood hero… that’d still kinda suck, but it’d still be better than “lol, she just evil now!”

1 Like

And then she died and saw where she’d end up.

What if she simply doesn’t/can’t trust the Horde to follow her, because she’s been betrayed by those she loves before (Vereesa) and so feels she has to do it on her own to protect herself both physically and emotionally from being stabbed in the back?

1 Like

She has Always only cared for herself. Even during the Scourge Invasion she didn’t seem like she cared particularly much about anyone but Nathanos. Might just be me.

And she never cared for the Horde, it was only a means to an end. Just Reading the old vanilla quest it mentions ‘‘plaguing all of Azeroth’’, not just the Scourge and the Lich King.

Her internal monologue says otherwise. It was kind of a pivotal character moment in War Crimes.

1 Like

Aye, but she don’t seem to care that much anymore… Perhaps she simply got worse after that? Who knows.

Would still fall under a), I think.

I never meant to imply she cared for the Horde, but I think she does care for the Forsaken. Most of her actions seem directed towards safeguarding them; the Horde being a means to that end. I generally don’t get the impression she does things for selfish gains, and we have plenty of characters who do to compare to; none of her scheming, past or present, seems directed at gaining power or whatever for herself only.

Even in the cinematic, the “this world is a prison” line implies, to me, that she wants to fix the world, not just escape it herself. And I mean yeah, maybe she wants to do that by plaguemurdering everyone, but that’s still not a selfish goal.

1 Like

So this is why she killed all the Forsaken at the gathering (except for those few that had already left)?

I think Anduin cares for his people.

I also think that if the Stormwind House of Nobles started defecting to the Horde during a “peaceful” gathering set up by the Horde that he would probably kill them.

She even killed those that were running towards the wall, as they were commanded.

Yes, but they were defecting before the horn blew. Except Elsie, she’s the only one who was innocent. RIP. Especially since she’s in hell now.

And so is Anduin’s elderly grandpa butler now that I think about it.

Not all of them.

And if she cared about them, why wouldn’t she let them? They weren’t Soldiers. They were normal Citizens that never left the Undercity.

They were the Desolate Council, the ruling political body in Undercity in Sylv’s absence.

Again, do you think the Stormwind House of Nobles would be allowed to peaceably defect with no issues? Really? How about the Ironforge Senate?

The Desolate Council weren’t nobles. They themselves created the Council to have Undercity working since Sylvanas was barely there anymore.

EDIT: Also, for being someone that has claimed that raised Forsaken are free to do whatever they want, it sure seems strange how she kills those deciding to do what they want… :thinking:

1 Like