World PvP community DEAD

in recent years we have watched our community which made WOW disapear. Its really sad that we dont know what our future is or what we should aim for.
Some of you probably know i lead Honor Capped which is a world pvp guild that has been going for 9 years.

Our activity has dropped and we barely have enough to do any wpvp anymore like city raids. It seems to me that the game designers are clueless or un-experienced in MMOs. Trade chat is full of people selling boosts in mythics i cannot name any other pvp guilds or even enemie guilds to fight or play against.

Recruitment has closed as there really isnt any point gathering people when theres nothing to do,You are fighting a loosing battle. killing randoms is pointless. WPVP strives off rivalry.

The game is in a real troubled time .

8 Likes

We can try to stimulate wpvp community by encouraging what can be done in war mode. We really need known enemies in game, hoping a Horde will create a wpvp community, and from there a wpvp guild. After that, maybe… maybe… it’s possible that the resulting activity could encourage others to be part of the wpvp community, forming another guild, and so on. Ye, not easy, but possible.

2 Likes

Sad to hear that it goes that bad, but Wpvp dead? nah.
maybe if u change guild to faction community thing instead more will join?

killing randoms is not pointless :D! its fun!

3 Likes

I did not experience anything WoW since the end of BC till Legion pre-patch, but as someone who’s doing mainly WPvP - modern WoW experience was not what I was expecting at all…

In Vanilla/BC all WPvP began from faction conflict first, then individual famous/infamous players and guilds. Every time someone started something, it always was “Horde/Alliance is in that zone…” and then “certain players/guilds are there”. Absence of more scripted/structured PvP modes also helped.

When I came back, it was very weird to see restrictions, for having characters of both factions on the same server, lifted. Hearing/reading that I shouldn’t kill someone because it’s a Horde alt of someone in the guild - was kinda baffling at first. Then horde and alliance just questing together…

Nothing like that was ever possible before - servers were closed ecosystems (no sharding), faction restrictions - there was already a conflict and players just needed to go with it.

Nowadays to have any kind of rivalry - it takes a lot more effort from players, and “not taking” an easy way is not an option for way too many players in WoW… With players playing both sides on the same servers - I’m yet to witness any kind of rivalry, because from what I’ve seen so far - it’s just friendly trash-talking with occasional emote and a flag, and that is the extent of it.

Without this initial mechanism for conflict - faction restrictions & conflict - majority of players changed so much that they are looking for external motivations, like rewards, to even consider participating in War Mode / WPvP. At least that’s how it looks to me. Nothing wrong with rewards for an activity, but just look how many Horde players don’t want to opt in just because Alliance has 1 (only freaking ONE) more quest ONCE/TWICE a month… or Alliance don’t because this quest is not up…

Plus sharding/phasing, players appearing and disappearing… it’s impossible to meet, and to make it possible, something that was “just go in this zone” before, now would require quite a HUGE effort. Again, not many players in WoW are willing to do effort when there is an easy way to do something else.

I play quite often on normal realms and I never see same players twice, in my WPvP stats addon - very few players from normal realms have more than 1 kill, and mostly because they ressed and were killed again, and not because I met them a second time.

Normal realms for me feel like random team death-match from zone to zone, doesn’t matter who it is, red is dead, kill kill kill, let’s change a map, off to the next zone… I understand the appeal of that, it’s nice to have a constant flow of targets, but I wouldn’t want to play like that always, it’s still a MMORPG game, not a Quake…

At least I play on RP realms and meet same players quite often. I have my “rivalries” lol, with some players dropping everything they were doing and jump to fight me as soon as they see me. Too bad it’s only about 10-15 like that, others mostly behave like “kill me or don’t, idc, I do my WQ…”.

I don’t think guild rivalries are possible with the current state of the game, because game simply doesn’t have any tools or mechanics for it anymore, but I applaud to anyone who’re still trying.

I don’t think WPvP itself is dead - far from it. It’s transformed into a more Quake team death-match type with randoms. Cross-realm Communities and Guilds are there for you to get someone you know on your team, and unfortunately that’s it for WPvP.

Maybe in the future Blizzard would do something similar to layering, combines servers together and have more stable population and community on these new connected realms, with LFG limitations for War Mode.

Right now, I’m having fun with current constant flow of targets, and waiting for Classic to go with it’s WPvP I like a lot.

Btw, will Honor Capped go for Classic?

6 Likes

I’d be happy to join if it was a Community.

I’m already a member of 2 pvp communities & both are pretty quiet, but I’m usually up for raiding a city or something if I’m about.

1 Like

Community-based ? Nah. How many spies would that have ?

Only people who haven’t experienced the organization of a years-old WPvP-Guild, would suggest such nonsense lol.

whats the difference between faction community and guild then?
in a battlenet community i get that there would be spies.

blizz should add so u can replace guildname over ur head with community, that would be fun!

2 Likes

That would be a great idea :+1:

Yeah, that’s fun too :smirk:

It is boring especially when you have nearly 500000hks. The community is dead when it comes to guilds no one really helps each other or cares anymore.

1 Like

To get a community vibe back, could take as little as one proactive Horde starting a WPvP guild. There are players out there that want this, maybe they are not on the forum though. Find em!

Step 1, someone form a Horde WPvP guild.

Step 2, engage in prearranged guild v guild WPvP activities suitable for smaller numbers.

Step 3, recruit via guild trash talk on forums, build community around guilds.

Step 4, when enough guilds and player numbers, engage in guild v guild wars.

1 Like

WPVP is dead because the WORLD IS DEAD.

You can thank the amazing sharding technology (which is a thousand times worse than flying mounts) for that. There’s no wpvp because otuside of being part of a guild there’s no real community. The world is populated by a bunch of ghosts and nobodies who can disappear with a click and whose names you wont remember 30 seconds after you met them.

So no one cares unless you dangle a carrot in front of them because there’s absolutely no other reason to care. People just shrug and go back to BGs/arenas or PvE. They gave Alliance a wpvp bonus and the only result is that now if you’re horde you’re outnumbered 4 to 1 by a costant stream of hyenas looking for an easy honor farm that will disappear as soon as the fight becomes fair.

The game is barely a mmorpg anymore and frankly I can’t wait for classic so I can back to play a real mmorpg where raiding a city actually meant something.

5 Likes

Nicely said, my horde peasant.

Bang on. I do miss the days of knowing who the badasses on your server were and picking fights to goad them into turning up.

2 Likes

Anytime you try and take more than 1 grp or raid, you get phased, cant even run 2 groups of 5 to do some Wpvp as you’re phased. i used to run PvP Raids in Vanilla at TM/SS would take about 15-20 mins for word to get round and you would need to start a 2nd Raid as so many people would turn up, you cant do that now, even with just 1 40 man raid the performance is terrible, lag spike making pvp impossible, freeze dead.
I used to run a lot of city/world pvp raids but i dont bother anymore, soon as you get in the city it lags, then more people turn up to def and it gets even worse, people cant res, people leave, raid falls apart.

2 Likes

I am a known enemy. You and your wife (Coolslave) ,swored to hunt me. Yet nothing happend. I am still hunting and spanking lonely nab alliance players while they farm wq.
Its so fun to hunt noobs and enjoy their misery…cant help myself. Poor rogues, they are my favorite targets. I dont know how and why, but they are the easiest class to kill. Its sad what Blizz did with a assasin class…

I don’t think I did swored… but yes you are a known enemy (to me), and that is what’s needed for WPvP community.

Unfortunately, being in random WM shards makes it less likely to meet known players in BfA zones.

But what about old zones…

I am unsure, but I seem to see the same players more often in old zones. Are old zones simpler sharded in some way?

If yes, WPvP community may be more viable in old zones than BfA zones. Or was it just luck/perception that I more often see same players in old zones.

@everyone

Ey, I found an active Horde WPvP guild, The Scarlet Crusade, and added it to my list of WPvP guilds and communities. They are out there, the community is just fragmented.

If anyone knows any more WPvP guilds or communities, pls let me know so I can add them to list. Thx.

People, people. WPvP is far from dead. My guild is an exclusively world PvP guild, and we take that game mode to the extreme. We use over 25 consumables for any situation when we raid Stormwind, and we boost out members for gear through m10 runs. If you want to know more about us, check out our guild video [The Rise of the Hughlord] and make sure you read the video description.

We are the most infamous guild on our server, and there’s a reason for it being so.

2 Likes

It’s alive, aliiiiiive! Join a WPvP guild and community! Or start one!

There’s plenty of WPvP community activities, and you can think of more!

Achieving notoriety and rivalry is possible. The Scarlet Crusadé have shown what can be done, a fun and interesting approach. What could you do?

Edit

I had an idea…

To help increase bad feeling towards your community, try adding your guild or community name to your killing blow and/or taunt emotes.

The addon below works nicely for kbs. Taunt emotes just go in macro.

dG Killshot
https:// www. curseforge .com/wow/addons/dgks

So a kb emote could look something like this.

Vaeyn (Alliance Defence Force) killed Arkamedix! Streak of 11!

1 Like

Why tf would anyone participate in a skewed competition where incentives for one side grossly outweigh the desires and time available of the other side (simply put, wpvp doesn’t have a reward worth grouping up for if you are horde)

It’s a completely unfair system and just a joke.

why do you always need some reward tho?
my reward is that i have a laugh, and that is worth alot more to me than some loot/honor/conquest or whatelse.

fun… isnt that what the game should be about?

4 Likes