Would you support 1v1?

Uh, we never had balancing done FOR 1v1. Are you even trying at this point? All balancing has been for PvE and for 3v3, not for 1v1. Isn’t that obvious to you? Your current PvP talents? Yeah, balanced for 3v3, not 1v1. You think with added class complexity and balancing FOR 1v1, that 1v1 couldn’t be far more balanced than it is now? Why not? How is it any different from 3v3? You think that bracket has ever been balanced? If so, is that why Warlock is far better than Shadow Priest at the moment? Why WW is far better than Hunter? Etc?

Old class design + balancing for 1v1 is the solution. Not 3v3. Also, 3v3 has never been balanced either, not even close.

3v3 does NOT take more skill than 1v1, at least not with added class complexity. Why would it do so? All it differs in is that you play with a team. A team doesn’t take more skill. It’s just different than solo play.

You said “3v3 requires teamwork.”

Yes, and 1v1 requires solo work. Solo thinking. Solo effort. Not relying on others to bail you out.

You said “3v3 is least chaotic and more strategic”.

It is more chaotic and not more strategic than 1v1. How is it more strategic? Don’t you need to plan out how to kill your enemy in 1v1? How to survive? How to cc? Of course you do. Not to mention you need to be much better at it because you need to make sure ON YOUR OWN that you survive. No healing from partner. No support. All on your own. That takes more effort.

1v1 is more skilful and better than 3v3 in every way except that there’s no team, for those who like to rely on others. Saying 3v3 is harder cus “there’s a team” is like saying Einstein writing a physics paper with a bunch of low-iq inbreds would take more skill than writing it himself. Well yeah… more skill in that he needs to invent new brains for them to get on his level. :joy:

1v1 would be limited to few specs, retribution paladins are basically on top with their bubble as they can burst you down while being immune to everything.

This is such a surface level view on 1v1 in WoW, while i agree, some classes have advantages in 1v1 situations due to their nature of being better at tanking or healing there is nothing stopping you from beating every other class in the game with some smart plays on your side.

Whilst you are stuck in your PvP centric little bubble the rest of us remember that the game also has this whole big PvE aspect to the game. To achieve class balance in PvP there would also need to be class balance in PvE, no?

I am aware that PvP is balanced around the 3v3 bracket that is the whole point I have been making!

1 vs 1 was amazing, fun and sick back in mists of pandaria. It was the hot jazz, now its not so much as if your not a melee hybrid your naturally at a disadvantage for the most part due to utility / healing suffering if your say a warrior. I think we lack the utility/talents/default class tools to get a thorough true 1 vs 1 enjoyment like how it was. Being somebody who lived for the 1 vs 1 I can safely say that there is no fun when your main gimmick is just resetting fight and winning till your cds > their cds

Maybe NOW. Are you saying if 1v1 is being balanced that one class would rule all? Not even close.

Say Rogue has WAY too much dmg in 1v1. Blizzard comes with a nerf on damage. That’s it!

In 3v3? Okay, nerf Rogue damage. What do you have left? A useless Rogue.

1v1 is much better to balance for MANY reasons. You can easily see why a class is too good in 1v1, whereas in 3v3 a class is as good as the comps it can play in, so nerfing/buffing one thing isn’t always good, AND it can affect other classes. Example? The nerf on RShaman in 8.1 in PvP is also a BIG indirect nerf on Shadow Priest, because Shadow doesn’t have too good synergy with other healers. So by nerfing one class, you nerfed another in 3v3.

In 1v1, you would nerf one class/spec, and one only. Nothing else would be affected. Moreover, people could reroll easily. Rogue bad? Play WW. You rely only on yourself. Easy to practice day in, day out. In 3v3? Good luck finding partners.

1v1 is fun and all and blizzard probably should do a better job on it since we are practically forced to do it in open world pvp when we engage or getting engage in war mode

But this is an mmo and is not supposed to be balanced around solo play

As I wrote in the OP, if 1v1 is added it should be balanced around, and not 3v3.

1v1 is not solo play. You’re playing against someone else.

The first rule of Dueler’s Guild is: You do not talk about Dueler’s Guild . The second rule of Dueler’s Guild is: You do not talk about Dueler’s Guild . Third rule of Dueler’s Guild : Someone yells “Stop!”, goes limp, taps out, the fight is over. Fourth rule : Only two guys to a fight .

1 Like

Rank System :thinking:

Even in Vanilla, 1v1 wasn’t balanced… like at all.

And your point is? Read the OP please.

If the game was balanced to allow 1v1 then why not …

I dont know how you guys but I find wotlk balance really enjoyable, I dont know which class/spec was useless in any of the 2s/3s/5s or solo play, yes there were OP classes and meta combos even back then (like seriously rmp is viable combo 14 years in a row … ) but I dont remember having situation like now where 99,9999% of all classes and specs were total trash and the rest were useful in only single certain combo …

And hell I played frost+arms, double fire, demo+disco, enha+shadow, in 3s we had triple DKs or 5 ferals for 5v5 and it was all fun and they were useful.
So I say that having classes balanced around more than 3v3 is possible, and we had 10 times more spells back then and stuff like gems and enchants …

And the game was more/better balanced than it is now …

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.