Wow books question

if i was about to start reading wow books, where do i buy them? and in which order do i start reading them? are those all official? i would like to know more about the lore. preferably in english, in a eu store cause of cheaper shipping i guess. thanks

Here’s a link to a thread that includes the chronological order. They’re all official as far as I’m aware. Not sure where you can buy the books though.

2 Likes

Yep, according to Blizz themselves, all of the published material with their logo on it, as well as the Leader Short Stories on their website, are officially canon lore.

There -may- be mistakes in some of them, but generally Blizz have confirmed what the mistakes are…

I just found them on Amazon UK - they are sold by Blizzard itself but I also saw other sellers who have them. I have no idea if they have them all though.

1. World of Warcraft - Chronicle vol. 1
  2. War of the Ancients
    1.1. Well of Eternity
    1.2. The Demon Soul
    1.3. The Sundering
  3. Rise of the Horde
  4. The Last Guardian
  5. Tides of Darkness
  6. Beyond the Dark Portal
  7. Day of the Dragon
  8. Lord of the Clans
  9. Of Blood and Honor
  10. Arthas
  11. Cycle of Hatred
  12. Illidan
  13. Night of the Dragon
  14. Stormrage
  15. The Shattering
  16. Wolfheart
  17. Thrall
  18. Jaina Proudmore
  19. Dawn of the Aspects (5 parts in total)
  20. Vol’jin
  21. War Crimes
  22. Before the Storm
  23. World of Warcraft - Chronicles vol. 2 and 3.

- All of the above are core books that explain much of WoW. I have excluded the mangas, short stories, novellas, and other items that have a more side-story nature.
- The list is in chronological order, so I highly recommend you read them as listed above.
- Important! I have put WoW - Chronicle vol. 1 at the top of the list because it describes the origins or cosmology of WoW’s universe; light and shadow, the titans, the gods, the races and so on. Personally I think you should start with this one because it sets up the background for the following books very well. The problem is that the chronicle does include spoilers (without going into much detail) because it also overlaps with the events from books 1 to 5 (not sure about the exact number). The choice is up to you if you start with it or not, but my personal opinion is that you should.

The short stories can be of interest to you, depending on what you like. For example I have a great interest in Night Elf lore, and for this reason I also included in my own reading list “Elegy” and “A Good War” - two short stories that describe The Burning of Teldrassil.

As such there are short stories and novellas that deal with all sorts of things such as alliance and horde leaders, the origins of Blood Elves, other notable characters in specific events, and so on. I recommend you only focus on what you like as a race or topic.

If you have any more questions let me know.

PS: For a complete list of all short stories, novellas and the rest, search Google for “wow novel guide” and click on link that sends you to a site called wow.gamepedia. I would’ve posted the link myself but it is against forum rules to post such links.

7 Likes

I don’t think its against forum rules to post fan site links.

1 Like

I tried to include the link, but when I clicked reply it gave me a message saying “You cannot post link to external websites” or something along those lines. I do not know why, and it is especially confusing since I have seen plenty of links towards YouTube for example. Perhaps there are some weblinks that have been whitelisted for the forums.

It’s a trust level. Some kind of forum ranking system. It’s your 1st post so you don’t have right to post link or gifs.

Max trust level is 3 - which gives us right to most forum previlages.

If you wanna post link do in creative way(use some space between links)
https :// wow .gamepedia.com/Wowpedia

Here are some actual links works

I wasn’t aware of this trust level, and it makes sense now that you’ve mentioned it.
Thank you for the information.

Welcome to the forum and ignore hyper trolls.

Arthas or Illidan books are the best to start imo

You can also add ` these symbols at the start and end of the link. For example:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Wowpedia

While it isn’t a direct link adding the symbols makes it easier to copy and paste the link to the search bar.

1 Like

The Chronicles trilogy would be the best books to start with, I have a lot of their books, and even though the Chronicles came out later than most I have they explain a lot more.

But just know that there’s a slight quirk to the books, it’s cannon lore, but it’s from the Titans point of view.
So that is a convenient little way for Blizzard to be able to change things whenever they want.

I would also recommend Arthas, rise of the Lich King book if you’re wanting to learn more about Arthas prior to becoming the Lich King.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.