Wow doesn't launch sometimes

Still without fix?.. Haha.

4 Likes

This happens to me as well. Esp when I start the pc for the first time.
I click PLAY. Nothing happens
I click PLAY again. Nothing happens
I click PLAY again and wait for 1-2 mins.
Then 3 wow screens pop up at the same time.

Couldnt find a way to fix it.
But it only does that when I start the pc for the first time.

1 Like

Hello, i think i found solution, it works for now…

1. Go to %appdata& and delete “battle.net” folder (before it exit battle.net program)
  2. Open battle.net and login, then check for battle.net update, and update if it is necessery.
  3. Try if it works also for you

It works for me… :slightly_smiling_face:
3 days already.

it works untill it happens again and it will

Have the same issue, it starts after a looooong time waiting. and if you keep on clicking launch, it will launch all of them at the same time.

1 Like

Does the Game work by directly loading Wow.exe from the Retail folder and skipping the dodgy ad-launcher.

I have this issue as well. highly annoying.

still no fix to this, but what do we get? stupid, annoying new action bar animations that no one asked for. yippieee~~

1 Like

I’d had problems getting WoW to launch earlier but after waiting around 15 minutes it eventually did launch, but after playing for a while I exited the game to update some addons. When I then tried to launch WoW it just wouldn’t start at all.

This worked for me, though you didn’t specify which folder in %appdata& to look in. I found a “Battle.net” folder in both the “…\AppData\Local” and the “…\AppData\Roaming” folders, so I just deleted both of them. When I ran Battle.net I had to login and enter a verification code as well as confirm the locations of all installed Blizzard games. Both the settings and the Favourites bar were reset to defaults so I had to correct those. Once I’d got all that done I selected World of Warcraft, clicked on the “Play” button and WoW loaded within a couple of minutes!

so what you’re saying is, you basically did a completely fresh boot of battle.net, and even then, the issue still persisted. because wow booting after a few minutes, sure, that’s less than 15, but still not as it should be. love this multi-dollar company.

1 Like

Hi,

I have the same problem. All fixes did not work. I now looked at the event listener and showing the following error:

Faulting application name: Wow.exe, version: 10.1.5.50438, time stamp: 0x64aeee88
Faulting module name: Wow.exe, version: 10.1.5.50438, time stamp: 0x64aeee88
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000001dd3f
Faulting process ID: 0x0x406C
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D9B5E1CB516704
Faulting application path: D:\World of Warcraft_retail_\Wow.exe
Faulting module path: D:\World of Warcraft_retail_\Wow.exe
Report ID: e20ddff7-3912-443f-afcf-9d7c42e1d891
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Any help please?

I’ve done a lot of research into this particular issue because, like most of the others in this thread, it happens sometimes but not all the time. From what I can tell (and I’m no expert) it’s a bug or a fault somewhere in the battlenet desktop app itself. The only real “fix” for it is to either sit on your hands and wait (which is aggravating, especially if you have a limited time to play the game) or exit everything entirely and reboot your PC.

I don’t know if it makes a difference or not, but I also have the battlenet app set to not automatically start up when I start my PC.

1 Like

But, even when I try launching through WoW.exe when battle.net is actually uninstalled, this error occurs.

This happens also with Diablo IV but Hearthstone launches perfectly.

I’ve spent 25min this morning trying to launch the game. Force closing the process before pressing play again or restarting PC doesn’t help.

30% of the time, wow launches every time.

2 Likes

Just as an update: after launching and playing WoW a few more times that initial time-frame for the game to fully load has reduced. The game is now loading up in less than a minute for me, consistently. No more waiting 15+ minutes and still not seeing WoW appear!

1 Like

Sadly this isn’t fully resolved. The problem with WoW not loading correctly is still happening, usually once or twice a week.

I usually get things working normally again after deleting the contents of the “Battle.net” folders in both the “…\AppData\Local” and the “…\AppData\Roaming” folders, but sometimes even that doesn’t seem to work straight away! I had to do this yesterday (Tuesday) and that usually sorts the problem for the next 6-7 days, but for some reason it’s happening again now and, depite having deleted the contents of the “Battle.net” folders in both the “…\AppData\Local” and the “…\AppData\Roaming” folders twice now, WoW still won’t launch correctly.

1 Like

It is still happening at random, although at a reduced frequency, in which case if the game does appear under the background tab of task manager (instead under apps), it will launch at a 5-10min delay. If you are impatient and spam play button, it will launch several instances of the game at once and cause other issues, sometimes even freeze or crash Windows OS. It’s not the lack of resources of my machine because this occurs on a fresh restart as well, with nothing else running but basic drivers.

In other cases, the game doesn’t show up anywhere inside of task manager and everything fizzles out, in which case you sometimes have to restart PC several times until launcher decides to let you play.

After multiple system restarts, as well as multiple attempts to launch WoW along with deleting the contents of the “Battle.net” folders in both the “…\AppData\Local” and the “…\AppData\Roaming” folders inbetween failed attempts at launching the game, both WoW and WoW Wrath Classic started loading correctly once again.

No clue as to how long this will last, no doubt the issue will resurface once again in a few days! :frowning:

Tried to play earlier and this problem was back once again! Yet again it’s Tuesday/Wednesday, a couple of hours before the servers go offline for the weekly scheduled maintenance. This has happened every Tuesday for the last four weeks now, just WoW being very, very slow to launch.

As I’ve said before, I usually get WoW loading normally again by deleting the contents of the “Battle.net” folders in both the “…\AppData\Local” and the “…\AppData\Roaming” folders which gives Bnet a “clean” start.

1 Like

Hello, i think i found way to fix, solve it…
It working for me already for few days.

Exit Battle.net launcher (close it).
Navigate to %appdata% and delete battle.net folder.
Open battle.net launcher, sign in, confirm installed games, go to settings and change if u wanna change anything, then exit battle.net launcer
Navigate back to %appdata% right click on folder battle.net, properties, and select READ ONLY.

Now you can open launcher and play wow again without any problems.
It working for me… Hope it will also work for you. :slight_smile:

Problem returns once again, right after this weeks maintenance! WoW had been launching fine since my last post in this discussion, but, when I tried to launch WoW after maintenance was complete it just wouldn’t launch correctly. Checked Task manager and there was no “World of Warcraft” showing, exited B.net and then “World of Warcraft” showed up, although running very, very slowly.

So, once again, I had to delete the contents of the “Battle.net” folders in both the “…\AppData\Local” and the “…\AppData\Roaming” folders. After that, loading up B.net requires you to log-in, confirm the location of detected games, take the tour and then you have to go through all the Settings to change everything back to how you want. Once that’s done WoW should, hopefully, be back to launching correctly within a few seconds.

Sometimes that doesn’t work and I have to repeat the process once again. Obviously make sure to fully exit B.net before you delete the contents of the “Battle.net” folders in both the “…\AppData\Local” and the “…\AppData\Roaming”, also check in Task Manager because the B.net Update Agent will usually continue running for a few minutes, even after exiting B.net.

1 Like