WoW Token is pay2win

How it is trading my gold for useful currency.

You give me via middle man- AH /blizz token for 1 month sub /13 euro on battlnet and you will get my gold from playing.

Who ever would want to would get gold before it existed.

I like wow token adds value to things and keeps economy working.

TRADING CURRENCY IN MMORPG is damagin game so tell me how.

GO AHEAD say i am up for argue.

Bots were far worse pre token days.

And of course you’re entitled to your opinion, just don’t pass it off as fact “they are damaging the game”. No, they aint according to Blizzard. If the whales want to come in to the game and buy a limited time “win” (whatever that should mean) I couldn’t care less, and nor could Blizz.

1 Like

I agree with you that Corruption has really brought this problem into the spotlight more so than previously, but it was still there the whole time. There is no mechanical difference in how it works. The auction house isn’t new and the tokens aren’t new.

Both this tier and last tier Method racked up the equivalent of €50,000 in debt in order to win the race. Is that appropriate? I don’t think so - I think it’s absolutely ridiculous.

3 Likes

Now me me me tell me how it is i just go free from ban prison i am up fresh for arguing!

I don’t see a fundamental difference between players buying corrupted BoEs compared to numerous people buying HC runs, +15 runs, etc. The vast majority of those are paid through WoW Token purchases.

5 Likes

Sounds fabulous.

1 Like

They removed titanforging because of low effort rewarding too high an ilvl of gear… now we can just buy it instead… it’s insane.

3 Likes

I don’t even understand why people want to get boosted - I like to earn gear when I am bothering with current content.

1 Like

Oh it’s this BS again.

Firstly, you haven’t read the minds of every collective Blizzard employee, so don’t tell me as a fact what they think. You have no bloody idea.

Secondly, it’s a FACT that it is pay2win. You are paying money to win the game. I don’t like that. That’s what I expressed.

They were also big post-token days but Blizzard significantly tightened their anti-bot detection system AND sued the largest bot maker out of existance after it got a monopoly on the market.

Yet we still have bots.

5 Likes

is it my time for argument already?

I want to see how it si damaging?

How having gold real world value is damaging for me it is great makes thigns matters people play and economy healthy.

If the token did nothing other than provide people with some gold, and it couldn’t be used to buy gametime and other battle net items via balance I don’t think so many would defend it.

What would be point of it then if you would removed it usefulness?

I’d take a discussion with you if I could, but I literally can’t read what you’re saying.

3 Likes

What is damaging on wow token go ahead say.

You have said it is so now tell me how and why.

1 Like

To give those who need gold a way to buy it?

Also limit how many tokens can be purchased by a lot more than it is now.

Read the OP.

I won’t reply to you again.

1 Like

Do you not understand people sell gold and it is not generated out of thin air?

Why would i trade gold fro token if i would not use it?

Why i would want to buy token from AH = someoen gets gold i get token.

What for i would use token then?

Gold is generated by players not out of thin air,

• you did not said any negatvies to it same as op.

You’ll always have bots. Demand will always create supply. I’m talking about the fact that the token made the barrier to entry higher, discouraging many from trying. Care to dispute that fact or want to keep nitpicking with “nnnnghhh but I saw a bot therefore they exiiiiist!?”

And its not BS. I can clearly see what Blizzards policy and directions are. Therefore it follows I know more or less what they are thinking. What Peter in the canteen thinks about it is irrelevant. You need to separate “Blizzard the entity” from its staff.

There needs to be more limits - someone on this forum bought enough tokens for the longboi mount with real life money… it’s beyond crazy.

Don’t even get me started with people pushing themselves out of their financial comfort zone because they must have that bis boe corruption item or something that’s going to get removed from the game soon.

1 Like