Wrath of the Lich King Classic Hotfixes - Updated 9 November

AAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i am active

Hey all! Here are today’s hotfixes.

March 1, 2023

Wrath of the Lich King Classic

• Dungeons and Raids
    • Fixed an issue in instances where Heroism and Bloodlust were resetting the duration of the Exhaustion and Sated even if you did not benefit from Heroism or Bloodlust.
1 Like

Hi, I’m not sure if this is the right place for this, but I would like to leave a suggestion with regards to the upcoming Ulduar nerfs. I think you can make both camps happy by making the nerfs optional. We already have a blueprint for a mechanic like this, which is the titan rune dungeons. You could implement a similar mechanic to the raiding environment, allowing those people who want it to nerf all encounters at the beginning of the instance, rather than forcing the nerfs on everybody. This way, the more hardcore players can keep enjoying regular hard modes, as well as logging and competing for good performances (as it will be easier for sites like Warcraftlogs to separate out the easy modes from the regular hard modes). Please consider this option, I think a solution like this would serve most people’s interests while leaving the core of Ulduar intact.

Thanks for your consideration.

item ilvl 187 Soul Preserver - Trinket feels OP :thinking:
we Nerf it ? its from Normal Dungons,
and we get loot from Ulduar the ilvl is 225/245 :thinking: ?

March 10, 2023

• Fixed an issue with some errant messages involving raid difficulty selection.
  • Fixed an issue where role icons would not appear on raid frames next to the player’s name.
  • Fixed an issue where quests could not be linked in chat.

Today’s hotfix for Wrath Classic:

March 27, 2023

• Fixed an issue where Val’anyr, Hammer of the Ancient Kings was absorbing more than intended. Accumulated absorb amounts are now correctly capped at 20,000 health.
    • Developers’ note: The absorb shield from Val’anyr was always intended to have a cap of 20,000 health, but there was a typo in the spell script in original Wrath of the Lich King version 3.3.5. The script was set the absorb amount to 200,000! This was never noticed by players in original Wrath.

Dear Sanq,

The water in Winter gasp is still non existent. Any ETA on this?

This is on purpose. People did their fishing Daily instead of participating in the Fight. So they had to get rid of the Water.

1 Like

And where is that stated if I might ask?

Make love not warcraft ? :smiley:

March 28, 2023

• Classes
    • Summoning companion pets can no longer trigger combat effects.

race change?

1 Like

Yup we need Race chenge !!?

1 Like

Its fix for PvP combat bug (mages, dk, hunters) or no?

March 30, 2023

• Classes
    • Paladin
      • Glyph of Righteous Defense will now properly increase the chance to hit with that ability.

March 31, 2023

• Activating Tracking abilities such as Find Fish can no longer trigger combat effects.

April 3, 2023

• [With weekly restarts] Fixed a bug that caused tanks to benefit from roughly twice the intended amount of Dodge from the Dodge Rating statistic.
    • Developers’ notes: We’re fixing this to avoid seeing raid groups skew toward maximizing for it. This fix will not change your Dodge % displayed on your character sheet, as the bug was invisible to players.
  • [With weekly restarts] Reduced Algalon’s melee damage by 10% in both 10-player and 25-player difficulties.
    • Developers’ notes: We feel that the increase in pressure on tanks and healers from the Dodge bugfix will be manageable in other encounters, but this one needs a compensatory tweak.
  • Classes
    • Druid
      • Omen of Clarity will now always trigger when Faerie Fire (Feral) is used on a non-player-controlled target. It will no longer trigger from casting Gift of the Wild.
        • Developers’ notes: This change is intended to make Feral DPS gameplay more accessible to the average WotLK Classic player and resolve many of the design challenges created by “Bear-weaving” and “Flower-weaving” combat strategies. It is expected to be a slight buff to the best Feral DPS players around 5% to 10% depending on encounter, and a larger buff to players who were not employing these strategies.

This is so strange to me. I can see in the logs that I am dodging more than I should be doing, and this bug has apparently been in the game all the time?

We still wait for the infernal reset.

Speedrun meta will not change because of the 10 Seconds Cast after for a new pet. It is not worth to use.

Parse meta will not change for the top 0.1 % because of they anyway reset with wargames.

So whats the reason for not bring the change ? Very frustrating for a normal warlock player…

Can you look at this ancient script of ability called dancing rune weapon? Thanks.