Your 3D accelerator card is not supported by World of Warcraft. Please install a 3D accelerator card with dual-TMU support

Hello, since the pre-patch update came, I can’t enter the game and it gives this error(Your 3D accelerator card is not supported by World of Warcraft. Please install a 3D accelerator card with dual-TMU support.). I tried all the ways but it didn’t work.

1 Like

what is your GPU?

geforce GT 240

might be too low end at this point, try uninstalling the game, uninstalling battle net and trying then.

I deleted the game and reinstalled it, but it didn’t work

I saw in other forums that other players have the same problem. Even their gpu was 3070

i have the same problem and i belive this is not about ur grafic cards at all . i mean yea mybe your graphic card be too low but it is not the reasson that you can not play anymore … there is already some other options for older devices which the game will decide to run through in case if the device is not supporting as default for any client ( retail Sod Classic ) dx12 which is dx11 and dx11legacy . in other versions of wow ( SOD and Retail ) this is not problem beacuse basicly when u launch the game it will detect that your device is old and will choose to run game through dx11 , that’s how it dose already work and players with older devices can still play , with some graphics in game limits but s till playble . but in last pre-relase updates for Classic version there is something wrong , missing or ignored which it should be fixed cuse i have seen many other peaple who have same issuse with even newer graphic cards :wink: what i would recommend you is explaining your case under my recent post here about same thing and hopefully they will fix it soon

1 Like

True, i also don’t think it’s entirely related to the GPU. I’ve had this happen on a specific character where it keeps changing my game to windowed mode, until it ends up crashing and saying that wow could not start up 3D acceleration. I have an AMD RX 5700 which is more than enough to play this on max settings and yet this keeps happening on that specific character for some reason. I’m hoping it’s just first few days jitters and these bugs will get fixed soon.

1 Like

Everyone, go and raise the problem under this forum so that they can take care of it. Cataclysm Beta Test Weekends

i think this is a post about beta in-game experience and game play and nothing i can see about technical problems not sure if this going to be any help

Look at this link, the account of the creator of the game is in the list. See if you can find a way to communicate with him

Did you try uninstalling battlenet and reinstalling it? make sure its not beta build

i did try re installing full battlenet including all games with it multiple times . like tried to install a fresh battlenet and wow in every hard drive and see if it works but nothing changed and still getting that error

When they updated the Cataclysm client on March 21st GPUs that run on shader model v4 got disabled from launching the game. Only way to fix this is to wait for Blizzard to patch the game and enable support for older GPUs again. Take a look at Metrøgnøme’s thread for more information on this issue.

1 Like

After the updates, the game changed the error text to this (Your 3D accelerator card is not supported by World of Warcraft. For more information please see https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/world-of-warcraft-system-requirements)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.