An Unexpected error has occurred

I get this every time I try to play the D2R beta. Fullscreen opens black for a brief second and then that message. Obviously I’ve restarted Battlenet a few times; what else can I do please?
Edit: 21.00 Tried off and on all evening. Pre ordered ages ago. Have restarted several times, run scan and repair (no repair necessary) and still an unexpected error occurred. It could be worse of course, this could be launch night. Still would have been nice to test more than the play button for 3 hours.

6 Likes

Someone mentioned restarting their pc.

Try that?

1 Like

I’m also having the same problem. Restarted my pc and I still have the same problem.

1 Like

Also have that problem. Restarted my PC, deleted all the files and redownloaded it… doesnt work. Whelp :frowning:

1 Like

Same with me here! Restarted, redownloaded - nothing changed!

1 Like

Same here, restarted laptop, scan and repair and nothing.
Going to Cinema now, hopefully to work when I’m back :smiley:

1 Like

Same here, let me know if you were able to fix…

1 Like

same here, been trying to login for 1 hour now. Reinstalled, still error on startup.

1 Like

same here…the wifes on hers next to me

1 Like

Can this be related?

1 Like

Got the latest Windows updates and the latest drivers for my whole pc. Uninstalled anti malware and virusscanners. Disabled firewalls. reinstalled .net framework, cause why the hell not. i disabled everything from my startup. Nothing is working. This is a shit show.

Pre ordered today cause i would have a free evening without GF and thought i would be able to play the beta, relive the old days and play some when it releases. This leaves a verry bad taste in my mouth. Prolly going for a refund and just play the old version.

4 Likes

Same here, tried everything too (firewall, restart, reinstall, drivers) but does not work. I would wait in a big industry some better support MOSTLY when they release a new game. I wrote them a ticket but it has 24 hours time. i did not buy a rework game this expensive to not been able to play with it.

1 Like

Adding -ns to command line fixed problem for me

1 Like

I’d wait for the official release, however I might request a refund, if it does not start, or at least start displaying some error message that makes sense.

What does it do? what does -ns stand for?

Forces the game to start without sound.

1 Like

Tc.
Adding -ns did not work for me.

1 Like

i am not a pc pro. where should i add this -ns command? i usually just double click on the exe and that’s all . i have Win7

i also did all of the above and still nothing…

Create a shortcut and add -ns to command line, for me it’s “C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo II Resurrected Beta\Game.exe” -ns. Run as administrator.