Bring back proper ultrawide support in D2 Resurrected

It was there in the Alpha, why would you add black bars in the beta? If pvp balance is your reason then I hate to break it to you but Diablo 2 was never about PVP. If you want to cater to the PVP players then add the black bars in PVP mode only. 32:9 and 21:9 were fully supported in the Alpha!

78 Likes

Agree, super disappointed that 32:9 isn’t supported in the beta.

22 Likes

Its not just 32:9, even 21:9 monitors get black bars albeit much smaller ones.

14 Likes

exactly, big disappointment when I saw the black bands on my screen

16 Likes

I dont even plan on playing this game , but I feel like I need to speak up about how stupid this is.

Diablo 2 has never been a pvp game. I played pvp in the original diablo 2 and ended up winning what was considered a “huge” tournament for diablo 2 back in the day. It was ran completely from a forum with winners decided by a screenshot showing your victory in a 1v1. Even back in the hay day of Diablo 2 , it was never about pvp, not even close. It was about farming gear and slowly maximizing your character so that it could put out the most damage possible. The excitement was from finding rare gear with perfect or near perfect stats.

If you are really worried about unfair advantage in PVP all you have to do is limit spell and ability range to the 16:9 aspect ratio. Why not do this instead of the lazy black bar solution.

15 Likes

Disgusted by Blizzards decision to remove it, was really looking forward to buying this game despite all the bad rep they are getting. Really disappointed.

13 Likes

Well, like others says - NO UW support - NO BUY.
Easy choice :grinning:

22 Likes

Yes, really bad they dont support 32:9… Was looking forward to play fullscreen, but with those big black bars i dont know…

9 Likes

Yup super disappointed about this

7 Likes

Over-nerfing in classic Blizzard fashion instead of implementing an aspect ratio limit so people couldn’t go 200:9 and teleport all over the map in 2 clicks.

Even 32:9 was fine in this game. How come you can go triple monitor in whatever game there is, including e-sport titles, but Blizzard always decides to limit players’ aspect ratios like in Overwatch?

Probably why I haven’t played Overwatch in 5 years. Imagine getting a shiny beautiful 21:9 monitor like Gaben and having to deal with those black bars because Blizzard prefers playing it too safe.

Well not when it comes to proper conduct toward female employees ofc.

4 Likes

As soon as i load up the beta and realized they take away the original support UW in alpha my heart just sink a little bit. Its 2021 and blizzard is going backward…like wtf are we still worry about the so-call disadvantage that an ultrawide user gets?? Jesus

6 Likes

How about implement this feature: as soon as you click on hostile button or being hostile by someone, your screen crop to 16:9. That way it satisfy both side where I, an ultrawide user can still utilize my monitor in full potential and the 16:9 user can still play fair against us when PvP.

1 Like

As it is beta and not the full release I’ll hold my judgements until then. Although, if true that it was removed for pvp then that is dumb. I get it in e-sports games but pvp is just a side thing almost nobody does. This is a remaster after all and isn’t part of that bringing things up to date? At the very least 21:9 should be supported or I’m going to nope out of this.

2 Likes

Don’t have much to add other than yes, this should be in a modern game. Especially one that apparently already has had it, and that has had so much care put into it. I don’t care if it puts me in single player or friends only-mode. I’m whole heartedly uninterested in PVP.

4 Likes

YES Bring back proper ultrawide support in D2 Resurrected

I canceled my preorder.

11 Likes

was really excited for D2:R but if this change stays I will have to refund my pre order :confused:

5 Likes

Yeah really bad to see, they don’t care about the experience. I don’t buy games where i can’t use my dispaly. Then I’ll just keep playing the old D2 instead

1 Like

Closed the beta and immediately refunded when I saw it. Might buy it later if they fix this mistake.

5 Likes

lol literally what I did as well.

2 Likes

Where the **** has the advertised Ultrawide support gone. BLACK BARS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE

1 Like