Cant download/install Cold War

I was having this issue. Tried everything. Turned out I had to unplug my ethernet cable from the back of my computer to actually download the game. They need to patch this idiocy, because in what world would I need to be on Wi-Fi in order to download 120gigs worth of game files!?

1 Like

I just had to restart battlenet app

you ever fix the problem?

i have found a solution that worked for me, run battle.net as administrator in the desktop

Im here in 2021 and still having the same problem. Does anyone know how to fix it now?

I was also experiencing the downloading triangle of death but for a different game, the same issue, after trying everything I could think of that might be problematic, I went to settings and unchecked “Limit download bandwidth” to my surprise I was able to download my game, hopefully, this helps someone else

Tiz done, go to their website select the game select download for Windows and their yu go, I’ve just this second done it hope this helps

Don’t download via battle.net that is installed coz Cold War will not install from the app as you’re all trying to do😜

So it’s June 2021, and mine is stuck @ 7.90 mbs left, and won’t download literally the LAST 7.9 MBS. After 3 days of downloading Cold War, which was severely throttled, as it decided it was going to update during installation, it was almost finished, then just stopped at the final 7.9 mbs. Like, seriously?

And after all this time, Blizzard has just decided they’re not going to do anything to fix the glaringly obvious issues that many people are having? Like, do you want to keep my money or not? Do you want me to just get a refund, despite waiting 3 days to play? Seriously? And with no working solutions either. They all just blame it on something at the user’s end, rather than looking into how their own programs are functioning.

1 Like

Tell me about it, it’s been three weeks for me and blizzard does not want to help, They told me to go too forums to find answers, This is the kind of customer service we are dealing with in 2021, I reinstalled windows 10, Update windows, update graphic drivers, Reinstalled battle.net then I will proceed to install Cold War-then I get the spinning triangle it will stay like that for like 15-30min then I get to choose the location of the install , then click install it will stay at 0…waiting left it on all night in the morning it still at the same place, It’s obvious there Something wrong with windows version of Battle.net , went on my Mac download Diablo 3 the download started right away, My steam, Origin all work fine on windows 10, The game was working fine day one of modern warfare release, Same goes for Cold War was working fine until 3 weeks ago, What can we do I asked for a refund but blizzard said that I had the game way to long and all sales are final , Just wish that Call of Duty was on steam we will have less problems

Update: I got battle.net and downloading my my games are working again thanks to a user from other forum after this experience I’m never going to buy a game from blizzard battle.net anymore, For now on Steam or Origin, The customer service is weak here

1 Like

You need to update your drivers. I had the same issue and figured it out today. Download driver easy, get the premium one it’s $30 a year, it will automatically update all your drivers for you. Definite fix

Please don’t necro old posts.