CoD Warzone Crash to Desktop after new Update (1.20.6.)

Hey,
i had this issue weeks ago then after the update it all work good.
Now after update to 1.20.6. its the same.
The game keeps crashing only in Warzone. Just no error message, directly moved to the desktop.

This is really horrible and makes the game unplayable…

Someone has a solution for this?

12 Likes

I have the same problem, but not activision or blizzard are respondign???

4 Likes

Same issue here. Game crashes randomly without any error message. Usually within 5 minutes of the match starting. It worked ‘okay’ till yesterdays patch (and I have been playing since launch).

Im not running the latest hardware (4670k, 16 gb DDR3 and r9 390x), but the framerate is always in 70+ range.

I tried updating drivers, repairing and reinstalling the game, switch priority from high to normal, running it in dx11.

Open to any suggestions, but afraid we have to hope a next patch fixes this…

2 Likes

Same here
any ideas to solve it
Thank you

2 Likes

same here! tried reinstall the game and driver. nothing worked.

2 Likes

Same here

Suddenly crash to desktop, sometime 1min, something into battle for 5min

Pc spec:
i7 8086k
Gtx 1080ti
32g ram
S2716dg (as gaming mon for warzone) dual mon

Window 10 the updatest version
Geforce driver : the updatest (445.87)

My frd got a even lower spec than me, but he can ply smoothly. WTH

Have already spent whole night, and tried all method from the internet…

2 Likes

i have the same problem and found a work around, it happend every time i start playing a fresh game after about 5 minutes kicked me instantly to desktop without an error message, so i found when i start the game yust to the menu were you can edit the game / weapons but not joining a war and wait for longer then those 5 minutes (i wait 10 minutes) and the join a war it will not kick me anymore until i have closed the game then with a new start i have to do this again.

Hope this can help someone cuz it is verry anoying

4 Likes

Finally
Seems like found a ways to solve

Remark: better remind ur ingame setting
(Movement setting)

Step1
Uninstall All graphics card driver (Nvidia)
Including audio, phyx, experience, ready driver

Step2
Restart

Step3
Uninstall Warzone from battle.net

Step4
Go to Document folder
Delete ‘Call of Duty Modern Warfare’ folder (whole folder)

Step5
Go to warzone installed folder
(For me)
C:/ program file/ Call of duty modern warfare

Also
Delete ‘Call of Duty Modern Warfare’ folder (Whole folder)

Then there should not ‘COD MW‘ folder inside the program file folder

Step6
Restart

Step7
Download Nvidia graphics card driver
I was downloaded
GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL 442.74 March 19, 2020

And didnt install experience

Step8
Install game ready driver, i was using express install

Step9
Restart

Step10
Install warzone from battle net

Final step
Reset ingame graphics

For my pc spec
Please reference above hohosteve reply

Thank you
And
Good luck

I have the same problem and there is legit no way of fixing it were probably gonna have to wait for their next update and hope they sort it out then I have even tried changing the .exe file and added a 1 at the end but it still crashed same goes for my brother that plays on pc to.

Hey guys, as someone said, just wait 10 minutes or a bit more in the lobby, i solved by this way :wink:

I did it in this way two days ago. Now it’s the same. Five minutes in the game and crash.

This is for warzone crash to desktop only. I went through various fixes with no result. loaded MW from battlenet, played a few matches of regular multiplayer then went to warzone and never crashed. next day i loaded up MW went straight to warzone and crashed to desktop after a few minutes of game time. loaded MW again played a few matches of reg multiplayer then to warzone and never crashed… strange yes but its working

check this maybe it helps : Possilbe solution about crash to desktop (FIX!)

Hi,

Please be aware that if you are experiencing any crashes when playing or running Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, please reach out to Activision Support for assistance, we can’t offer any assistance here as it’s not our game.