Diablo 2 - Nintendo Switch - Can't connect battle.net server

Never mind, it was the NAT settings on my router.
In case this helps others - router was set to NAT F, NAT set to A and B should work. Does for me now.

I did everything. I connected my nintendo account to battle.net, I turned my router on and off several times and my nat type should be compatible. I tried changing my consoles date and time, as well as the region and still, nothing works. I’m not even trying to play online, I just want to play the game alone and I can’t. It appears that I’m out 40 dollars. Well played Blizzard, well played.

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue since launch. Have not gotten past the main screen. It’s been 3 days and every time I press a button to begin, it will come back with cannot connect to server. This is extremely frustrating. I have no issue with connectivity playing Diablo 3 or any other online titles on the switch so I don’t suppose it’s an issue with my router settings.

I see all these post about people not being able to go back in to play, meanwhile I haven’t even gotten past the main menu ONCE and see the character creation screen! Anyone else still having the same issue? Please report back.

Hey Ozy,

I was fighting the same issue for several hours.

What worked for me was going to the console settings and changing the time-zone and region, which I had set to one not fitting the country I was in. Or maybe just switching the region might work for better server availability.

Hope it works out for you.

Hi Ozy,

I’m having the same problem. I am sometimes lucky enough enough to get a ‘failed authentication’ error message to go along with thew old faithful of ‘cannot connect to server’. But… that’s it since launch (and I was dumb enough to pre-order too!) I dream of seeing a character creation screen!
Router is fine, NAT type is B and I have no problems with internet on anything else.

Have same problems still release date. Always “Can’t connect to server” on Switch. Did anyone fix this problem? Wifi connection, Nat B, I’m in China now

1 Like

I’m having the same problem here, tried everything including changing the NAT settings with no luck. Wondering now if I can get a refund from Nintendo or if I’m SOL. Super annoying, I just want to authenticate this damn game so I can play solo.

On my Switch, since yesterday, I had unusual long connection times to the server and most of the time the message occurs:

„There is a communication problem with the gameserver. Check internet connection and try again.“

But my internet works fine… Anyone else has the problem? glhf

4 Likes

Same, and the same problem today also :disappointed:

Diablo 2 Nintendo switch - I can’t connect to server. Don’t buy this rubbish!
What did I spend my money for?

2 Likes

It’s still doing it for me. It worked last night on Switch. We have 2 switches one of them
Is connecting to battle.net the other is saying it can’t connect to the server. The internet is working.

Was looking forward to finaly playing this game agine but can logg in to servers as i Get the same message as many off you out there get sad to see a big company not giving a shit about use :frowning:

The same shit here in EU :confused: the best is that they say that my internet connection should be checked :rofl:

1 Like

Same here since the morning very very boring. The connection issue the other day we’re for everyone so it got some traction but here … nothing is happening

Same shit since yesterday here in EU. Iam really pissed off.I cant login on the battlenet.I can play only offline.And yes my Internet connection is ok if iam able to play Diablo 2 online at PC!!

4 Likes

Hi all, does anyone can log in the switch?

eu,switch, no connection to server

No :confused: the servers are up a few hours per day :rofl:

< Asia too, switch no connection to server

No connection here either in Canada. Can’t even do the initial log in so I cant even play in offline mode. Been waiting for 3 days.

Been trying almost every 4 hours but no luck at all

1 Like