Diablo 2 - Nintendo Switch - Can't connect battle.net server

Seriously fuck this, what a bunch of dickheads at blizzard. Why the fuck even log in on battle on a switch in the first place? On my old pentium 4 I would have been gaming by now, no internet needed whatsoever. But nooooo the fucking rapebro’s at blizzard fucked it up again. Thanks for nothing pieces of shit.

Give me my money back, you fail to deliver. Goddamn im pissed off.

4 Likes

Yea put in for my refund on switch which they gave me quite quickly… On a sunday… Used the text support feature and it was fast and convenient. Of course I try to login after I put in the request… got on… did a few Baal runs aaaaand Nintendo processed refund and booted me out. So it goes, the game clearly isn’t ready for release anyway, may purchase again if I see the server becomes much more reliable. After playing on console I find it hard to believe the people “designing” this game played the original. They REALLY missed the mark on consoles. I shouldn’t have to use a third party to communicate, trade, find reliable games… 4 max players? Cant move mini-map? Cant purchase more than 1 tp scroll at a time??? Little things that all add up to a much worse experience than the original. The graphics are cool but that doesnt make this game. And why is my game still open after leaving the house for 4 hours… I was fully expecting to have been kicked off the server… No wonder you have connection issues. How many people are sitting in dead games? Things you guys forgot over 20 years? Just a reminder. I was amped up to play this game as the original is number 1 on my greatest games of all time. Been such a longtime fan, played all the first sc, wc, diablo… but man this has been disheartening. I miss the days where we just had to wait until blizzard was sure they had an outstanding polished game. And it was alawys worth that wait. That clearly is not even close to a priority with Blizzard’s current itteration. I can’t say I’m as mad or as angry as many of my fellow d2ers but I’m just disappointed.

4 Likes

Hello, same situation here… EU switch in Asia (living here) no luck, switch region to Asia… no luck as well. The first time I booted up the game, I could at least have the browser popping up, but I couldn’t reach the sever, since that time, the browser is not even popping up anymore. I CAN’T GET PAST THE HOME SCREEN, SO I CAN’T EVEN PLAY OFFLINE that’s what is most irritating! If I would be left off with offline only for a few days or weeks, it wouldn’t be a problem for me at all….

Same situation right now, although I bought the game last night for switch and was able to log in and play my bnet champs for like 45 minutes without any issues.

Literally went and bought a switch to be able to play this game more while I’m on the go, and all I get after spending almost $400 is an error message telling me my internet is bad when that’s surely not the case.

Yeah really disappointing. I tried logging in on both PC and Switch at the same time, PC gets a queue, Switch gets a connection error. Wtf.

I normally play on Xbox, but wanted something more portable that I could play while at work during downtime. Xbox got a queue finally this morning, but guess Switch doesn’t have it yet. Hopefully REALLY soon though.

I wonder if this is a winnable case as far as lawsuits are concerned. I feel duped.

Oh calm down it’s not that bad. I’m in right now.

Hi:

D2R now has its own forums here:

Blizzard has been putting situation updates in General Discussion… the last one on 18 October: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t/diablo-ii-resurrected-1015-pcconsole-patch-notes-build-1066477/29383

I think you should be using the D2R forums there… instead of posting here; this forum is not related to D2R at all.

Again cannot connect on my switch, should have bought pc version… sigh.TRACEROUTE:
traceroute to 83.128.216.18 (83.128.216.18), 15 hops max, 60 byte packets
1 Blizzard Blizzard 0.403 ms 0.383 ms 0.382 ms
2 * * *
3 * * *
4 * * *
5 * * *
6 * * *
7 * * *
8 * * *
9 * * *
10 018-216-128-083.dynamic.caiway.nl (83.128.216.18) 4.074 ms 4.148 ms 4.154 ms

20/10/2021 12:27:10 UTC

MTR:
Start: Wed Oct 20 12:27:11 2021 Blizzard 1.|-- Blizzard 0.0% 10 0.3 0.4 0.3 0.5 0.0
2.|-- ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0

20/10/2021 12:27:10 UTC

Bought the switch version to play with friends this morning… Display a 200+ queue who take for ever and when I try to start it on offline mode it just crash !!! Seriously WTF!

I paid that for both games… d3 and d2… so hang in there… I like d3 better…