How to remove "What's new?" pop up

Please don’t tell me to press the X on top right corner…

So every day I open Battle net application and what to play one of the game, I’m getting a F*#$() pop up that I have close, stuff that I will never care about. I just want to play a game that I already paid for. Stop puttings ads for god sake.

There’s no option anymore (I know there’s one many years ago) to turn off this, how to can I avoid advertising each time I’m trying to play a game?

29 Likes

Bump!!!
Please stop advertising at me or I will boycott your dumb company…

11 Likes

Seriously, please. The what’s new pop needs to go away.

1 Like

Yes, please remove the darn thing, i keep getting a popup for diablo which i have seen many times now. It’s bad enough that there’s moving news on the game itself (slideshow) and now i have to also look at this crap and click it away every single time.

2 Likes

I highly agree to this issue!!

Please add an option to remove/disable this annoying “What’s New” pop-up each time Battle.net Client is started!!

I never will nor would I play these “forced” advertised games …

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

We all know they won’t do sh1t, as they just care about money; and whats better than free advertisement on their own platform.

But i agree, it has gotten so bad with the popups, that i also google’d how to get rid of it, and ofc, how stupid of me to think there would be an option for it.

3 Likes

Same advice here, add option to REMOVE IT! Annoying as hell! On Steam you can disable this …

5 Likes

I paid for every game I play yet Blizzard treats me as an advertisement material for “products” i will never care for. I am not going to buy any other game from Blizzard until they change their attitude against their customers.

7 Likes

Steam lets you disable the annoying popup on launch. The Battlenet launcher should let you also!

3 Likes

I complain because Blizzard is spamming popup on battle.net so please add disabled/enabled advertisement. STOP IT!!!

i. imgur. com/ 7XpFHOt. jpg

3 Likes

+1

This is damn annoying. Especially as they seem to have removed the ability to launch games directly via their exe’s. Attempting to do so now just brings up the cursed Battle.net launcher.

5 Likes

Same here. This kind of force-feeding practices eventually gross me out of using their products and go for a healthier company who has respect for their clients’ aesthetics, time, and freedom of choice.

3 Likes

The en$h-ttification of Blizzard encroaches further. This is a huge bump because of the trashy expectations they are setting with this precedence. You think it’s OK to give me ads when I launch, and when I’m using too? How about in-game? Is that trash coming soon? Blizzard spam EVERY DAY is p-ssing me off.

Battle.net is serving ads to paying customers, and wasting their time every launch. Absolute garbage UX.

They put ads when you launch. Ads on the notification center. And they created a new category for more ads next to the notification center. It’s all garbage. I hate the battle.net client now. There’s autoplay videos at the bottom, crappy eye-catchy art, scrolling dynamic ad-focused trash that keeps you away from the games you paid for.

I just want a list of my games and leave me alone. I’m already paying your subscription, I don’t want Blizzard to put crap in my face that keeps me a step away from my game, just so they can have higher market return.

Not my problem, don’t serve me unblockable ads or I’ll look for private WoW servers and I’ll hang in launchers like GoG and Steam that give you better control.

2 Likes

Agree! Bin the advert popup/s.

1 Like

This is disgusting, at least give us an option to opt out of this .

1 Like

+1, sort it out! not up for the pop up at all

1 Like

+1 please give us the option to disable this.

1 Like

Annoying popup needs to go !
I’m not a dollar bill blizzard

1 Like

Blizzard. We all buy your games. What the hell are you thinking having a pop-up like it’s the 90s internet? Please remove it. :frowning:

1 Like

BUMP! I do not want constant popups for every deal that goes live or every patch added to a game i dont have and when i x out of it, i dont wanna get the same exact thing every single time i open bnet. “hey dragonflight is on sale!” guess what? I ALREADY OWN IT LEAVE ME ALONE FOR THE 50th TIME THIS WEEK

1 Like