“Failed to enter game. This character is already in a game on the server. Please try again”

I am able to log in and play as normal today (10:38AM GMT). No items missing either.

good for you, i am not… 15+ hours… who marked that as solution? lmao… this company is ridiculous

For over 12 hours now i have not been able to play on bnet due to my characters already being in a game on the server. This is happening both on PS5 & PC

Do us a favour and kick all of Sigmorn#2356’s characters from the server so i can play.

Creating a new character also results in a failed to join game message, so i cant even create a new character to play online

You just have to wait until it magicaly get fixed by itself… they dont give a shit

3 Likes

So I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt with the random crashes and disconnects minor bugs but why my entire gameplay loop is disturbed LITERALLY minutes after i pay for another copy for my son and i to play together now my hopes of playing some diablo 2 with him are slipping away i should refund both copies and go and play path of exile for all its worth.

Entire day i’m trying to play with my necromancer lvl 27 i tried to create new hardcore character but still the same issue. I can play on softcore, but i don’t wanna play on softcore. The following error appear: Failed to enter game. This character is already in a game on the server. This error appear from more than 12 hours. I tried dns flushing, router resseting every single think that i find in i-net, drivers update, computer restart, reinstalling 3-times the game resseting everything to defaults and so on, but no results. Please give me solution.

2 Likes

I have same problem, but way longer time. This problem has been with me from the beginning. So laggy hardcore, but no soft and i either wanna play softcore. All other games work and there are no problems.

As T says, I’m connected, and can join the lobby, and write to people. But I can’t create or join games.
It doesn’t matter which region I am in, or which character I’m using and I’ve tried restarting my router and my computer.
I get the ‘A char already exists with this name’ Error and the ‘An issue has occurred while communicating with the game servers’ Error.
Any help would be greatly appreciated <3
Edit: I’ve followed the connectivity troubleshooting guide to no avail.

The same issue for me :frowning:

2 Likes

Guess we’re not playing d2r tonight :frowning:

1 Like

Same here, all Chars are logged in :smiley:

1 Like

FIX
YOUR
FKIN
GAME.

2 weeks into launch and you cant fix the “character is already in a game” error. i paid good money for this game, blinded by nostalgia. this is unacceptable in a weekend. what good was beta and alpha for if you dont ever fix things?

2 Likes

While I understand your frustration. Getting angry isn’t going to help anyone. Please keep this thread free of negativity, just provide data and facts.

1 Like

Same here. Chars are logged in for 3 h.

1 Like

Same, guess ill go play some other game on my PS5 instead. I dont recall having these kind of issues 21 years ago…

1 Like

Hi again. 16h After my last post yesterday, Sunday monning I still cannot play.

Cannot log on any char.

> Failed to enter the game. This character is already in a game on the server. Please try again"

40 Euros to not be able to play on my free time. (which is not unlimited)

3 Likes

“Failed to enter game. This character is already in a game on the server. Please try again”

this is an absolute joke, right…? please tell me its a bad joke.

The progress of the character has rolled back 1 level, that is, it means lost things and most importantly stolen my personal time

So really, tell me you’re crazy we should wait here for 24 hours because of your stupidity, this is a bug that was already published in both releases babbled that it still comes to this error and we should wait tell me why don’t you jump one after the other from the highest house maybe you are lucky and when you open the message comes the character is already down try it again later, you idiots real

Characters who disconnect from the game unexpectedly for any reason may temporarily become stuck online…

Yea because ur Shutting Down Server and Iam waiting <1 Hour. So i need to wait until ur 24H Script?

Well …

2 Likes