All character wiped (Login Issues)

100% not going to buy D4.

3 Likes

Refund game, would be an option.

1 Like

Yes it’s clearly too hard for a company that makes millions of $$$$$ to keep their servers up and running even for one day. Honestly, Blizzard are done, and we should all be done with Blizzard. Funding their incompetence further means that we will have to start taking a share of the blame.

3 Likes

There’s too many people trying to play, and the servers are totally over loaded, there’s the problem, Blizzard should have invested in more servers, people wanting to play a 21 year old game, speaks volumes for how crap 90% of the current games are… (just saying).

Dear Blizzard Team,

I’m working for a large IT-Service provider myself, so I rather know how hard it is to keep services running on a large scale in high availability environments myself.
The problem is the way you communicate the current continuing issues to your customers.
Just tell your fellowship if you were able to identify the problem itself, which I think you did, what it is and what you are working on in particular. Is it an infrastructure problem regarding load balancers, databases, storage, networking, is it a problem with your proprietary server software, or whatever it is.
No one will be mad at you (well, some always are…), actually it would just cause the opposite effect, people would appreciate your effort.

With best regards
Stephan

6 Likes

Morning everyone,

I can once again confirm that we’ve had login issues this morning, and that our engineers and developers have been working on it since the problems first emerged.

Our team (on the forums) is unfortunately not always available, and we may not be able to communicate on these issues on time (keep in mind that our team does not work on the servers or on the game itself, and that us not being up doesn’t mean that nobody is working on the servers).

That being said, we also have staff all over the world who will post about server and game issues on our different Twitter accounts for the different regions and languages. Please do keep an eye out on the relavent account whenever possible, as this is usually where you’ll find the first communications for this kind of issue.

Hello,

The problem with the twitter CS is that they’ve been copy pasting for 3 days, while we would like a detailled explanation on the issue.

What part of the servers is faulty, and what blizzard intend to do to fix it once for all in the very near future. :confused:

Edit : Chars are back online here.

1 Like

Hi. I was finally able to log in, characters are back, but with a twist: game progress has been lost. Level reversed, missions failed, level lost. Thank you Blizzard!

I totally understand that you would like more information, but that’s unfortunately not something that we can communicate publicly.

Most of the times, we (customer support) do not have the information in question, sometimes it may be a faulty server ran by a partner company, other times it could be a very technical issue that wouldn’t mean anything to 99% of the players, and every now and then, it could be an issue that was resolved on the surface, but needs more time to investigate the root cause of the issue.

1 Like

Well servers back up!See ya all in couple of hours here around guys :grin:

Ich liebe Diablo2 aber das ist purer Mist. Endlich nach X-Cowfarms dropt was geiles und dann ist es weg. Was macht Blizzard dafür? Free ITEMS, RUNES PLZ.

Wird wohl eh niemand interessieren aber das habe ich verloren unter anderen Drops…

Zermalmer / Stone Crusher / Legendärer Hammer / Legendary Mallet

Eine Schande sowas… mag mich nicht errinnern an so viele Ausfälle beim original.

Translate:
I love Diablo2 but that’s crap. Finally after X-Cowfarms something cool drops and then it’s gone. What is Blizzard doing for it? Free ITEMS, RUNES PLZ.

Nobody will be interested anyway, but I lost that among other drops …

Crusher / Stone Crusher / Legendary Hammer / Legendary Mallet

A shame something like that … I don’t like to remember so many failures in the original.

1 Like

Is it really that hard?

And here we go again =D

Aaaaaaand… another crash!

Like Dj Khaled would say: ANOTHER ONE!

Yes, i will looose my trangouls…refund this game! Make it free for all. thx!

I’m sure you can communicate it publicly.
This is a political decision far above your salary bracket, why the answer of a “Forum Moderator” is absolutely worthless, don’t take me wrong, not your fault, just a fact.

1 Like

Does it work for you guys? I still can’t connect

one game played and it went honkey again…
Ground hog day/weekend/

Seems it was a good idea to let my game on while I was afk for 1 hour… Better not go offline now :confused: