Best High-Rune Farmer in the Game?

Hi guys,
I am looking for the most efficient high rune farmer builds out there.

I do currently have a quite high-end geared Blizzard sorc, that can tackle Hell Cows pretty quick (she is specifically geared at cows - low resistances/defense, but high damage output)

• Deaths Fathom
  • Nightwish
  • Stormclash
  • standard casting gear
  • bunch of cold charms.

While I do appreciate that she is good at farming Cows, other areas such as Chaos are close to impossible with current gear. First of all, immunities, but also to increase survivability i would need to swap parts of the gear for tal’s set and lose damage output - less clear speed.

So I am thinking about making another character (or respec-ing) into something that would have good versatility whilst keeping a very quick speed.
By this point I could afford making an enigma or an infinity.

I was thinking of:

• Hammerding (obvious choice, but maybe not super efficient for cows)
  • Javazon (cows killer, but maybe slower in Chaos etc depending if i go for enigma or not)
  • Lightning sorc (with Infinity) - could potentially farm all game areas, but is the cow speed as quick as lets say a Javazon?

what’s worth saying is that if i do get Infinity today, i probably wont be able to get a Griffons eye immediately. How much more slower would killing speed be if i use a shako?

what do you currently rock? And all these characters can clear everything at players 1, but the idea is that they are quick at players 5-8 as well.

Help appreciated!

Well, you got the essential of it. There’s not one perfect build. But I would say your hammerdin can dispatch cows pretty fast.

If it was me I’d likely respec the sorc into lightning and get the hammerdin out. These two can do very efficient HR runs, but above all can help you get your missing gear before getting real about those HR runs.

Just time them or choose the one that you are happier playing with (I hate playing hammerdins myself). Or just do both to get some variety and not get bored too fast.

In terms of killspeed: Java > Lightsorc > Hammerdin.
But you would need an Enigma and an Infinity to compete against a Lightsorc in terms of mobilty anyways.

Every specc will pretty much oneshot packs with enough gear. Hammerdin can be annoying and there are also Magic Immunes you need to kill with Merc.

if you have enigma and infinity and you only want to farm at players1 then consider summoner necro with max corpse explosion. was for me the most satisfiable build. was more fun and faster than hammerdin or sorc in terms of killing whole groups. even cows farming works greatly. you dont need to ensemble the cows, only one kill and boom. you can do single cows in <3min.

if you want to make seal popping cs runs then 200fcr light sorc

if you want to do p8 cs runs then hammerdin. perhaps light sorc too, but the killing is not as satisfiable as with the hammerdin because of the mechanics of lightning. even the sorc is a glass cannon compared to a hammerdin

Blizzard+Firewall and you can farm everywhere really fast with low budget.

I will never understand blizzard only sorcs. Blizzard+Firewall has almost the same clear speed at cows but the firewall kills bosses way faster.

Build:
20 firewall, 1 fire mastery, 20 warmth
1 teleport
20 blizzard, 20 ice blast, 3-7 cold mastery, rest: ice bolt

This build has a ton of mana. You can teleport infinitely. You can spam ice blast and blizzard all time: both skills = way more dps, so cast ice blast while blizzard has cooldown - same for firewall unless enemy is cold immune.

(You can get 110%FC and >250% easily, so get damage and MF, on boss kill swap weapons to have even more mf with gulldagger and mf shield)

By far the best sorc build in the game !unless! you have infinity, griffon, perfect echutas, … for a godlike lightning sorc.

ive been respecing a lot - had orb + firewall but im just pissed off everytime switching skills in chaos for those cold imunes, honestly.
Also orb did somehow slow clearing cows, compared to blizzard.

I’m gonna go for the infinity and respec the sorc. The only thing is, i wont have immediately a Griffon’s eye but so be it. Maybe i am lucky and find one :slight_smile:

I am using also bliz firewall build. I am using it longer time. It is very effective build like Masu write.
Can understnad why guy using meteorb or FirewallOrb.
Orb has low dmg

I’ve created best sorc blizzard for farming high runes, Chaos sooo fast, cow - blietzkrieg!
These are mine high runes I’ve found:
-none
-none
-none
And many many more. I’ve made my sorc gain lvl from 91 to 93 by JUST farming for runes, haha, good luck

1 Like

“Best High-rune Farmer in the game ?” => bots

Seems you are total looser, congratz! :clap: Though it smell fishy.

lack of game knowledges after 20 years of playing means a low brainer activity.
Hammerdin build can kill very easy magic immunes with Smite. I did Ubers with a Hammerdin/Smite hibrid build(just 3 points in Smite and 10 in Fanatisicsm, but even without Fana and using Concentration is enough), but used Smite ti kill Ubers, so… you just need some crushing blow and all is done - e.g. Black weapon runeword(very cheap) has 40CB(some guys even did Ubers with it), you can keep it as second weapon(anyway not need CTA when farming, I even did Ubers without CTA) and switch to it on magic immunes(Smite/Concentration if not invested nothing in Fana)

That’s why loot is bugged for you. You simple waste 20 hours to kill single mobs. Try again

1 Like

again, knowing nothing about the game after 20 years of playing is something that demonstrate the lack of understanding the environment around you, meaning beeing stupid.
I killed Pandenomium Diablo(650k life, higher in game) in less than 1 minute, even by tanking him with Uber Baal together and all minions mobs around.
I will try to explain, anyway you will not understand, but at least some will get it.
CB take ~12% of of elite mob life per cast, here not sure I think mobs that have 50% psychical resist(which is the case of all elites/bosses in Hell), so CB take ~6% of mob life in that case.
Now do 650K x (0.94 ^ 100), you will see that in 100 hits mob will have <5K life(already dead, did not even count damage done which each hit outside CB). 100 CB hits with 50%CB(which I had on Ubers run) is ~200hits needed. 200 hits with 4.31 attacks/sec(whcih I had on Smite) is 46 seconds needed to kill Pandenomium Diablo, with even do not care how much damage Smite skill itself do(not counted it here, had around 1500), only by CB.
A normal elite which I encounter as magic immune of course have much much less life than Pandenomium Diablo, so die in less than 10sec. Of course using Hammerdin during farming and switch to Smite only on magic immunes.
So, go read Diablo 2 manual.

Have you ever heard of the concept of Area of Effect? Your example doesnt add jack shit to this threat. It’s all about Monsters Killed per minute. If you waste your time killing single mobs which you already said you do then you don’t know anything about rune farming at all. Blizzard Sorc for example deals huge amounts of Damage but doesnt connect it’s damage as well as a Java for example thus killing many less monsters per minute. A Hammerdin works the same way as a Blizzard Sorc works. They kill monsters very quickly except those that are immune to them or those they don’t connect with (Out of Range) . And if you want to farm efficiently you either have to skip them or kill them in much slower ways like your example and loose out on high runes. Try again

man, you are stupidity itself, you are the definition of stupidity. I did not said I kill mobs with Smite, I said I kill MAGIC IMMUNE with Smite, and Ubers, because CB make that an easy task and with LifeTap you are even in god-mode.

And you waste your time doing so. Skipping them and killing other mobs will yield more runes. Thats why a hammerdin is worse than a light sorc with infinity for rune farming.
Try again

1 Like

this thread is about the best HR rune farmer. Why do you think anybody cares in here about ubers? stay on point pls and if you can add meaningful comments to the thread, do so. but dont spam with inefficient ideas.

My frozen orb does Hi rune runs, I just take of her MF gear and she does fine, the merc kills the ones i cant and i just skip the odd 1 in about 30 that are cold/physical immune.

The best place for farming high runes is the council in travincal. You don’t even need teleport to get there. An item find barb can also be very efficient at this. The only downside is that the runs usually take less time than the rate limiter allows right now.

You saidf that magic immunes shall be killed with merc.
then, wen I explain that is quciker wqith Smite if really want to kill magic immunes, probably forgotting(another sign of stupidity) you adviced to be killed by merc:

if you wanted to advise to skipp them why said that it need to be taken down by merc?
just asking… try again to be stupid again.