Black screen with logo on launch

Hi,
Upon launching the game I get the intro videos - “Blizzard Entertainment” and “Diablo 2 Resurrected”, then a the game is stuck in a black screen with the D2R logo in the bottom-right corner. The flames around the logo are dancing, I can see the gauntlet mouse cursor and move it around, so the game isn’t hung and it’s not a GPU issue. Also music is playing in the background - but nothing else appears on the screen.

Please help!

8 Likes

In the Diablo II Resurrected\Data folder, delete config and indexes. Then check the files for integrity. Start the game.

i have exactly the same problem, delete config and indicies are not helpful :frowning:

I have it too. The error “NVSDK_NGX_D3D12_Init failed, error code: -1160773631” has been logged.

same problem here and all my online characters are gone but not my 2 offline ones

Same for me. Blizzard needs to fix this ASAP.

Same issue here - has anyone been able to get around this issue? It seems to have happened after the last update (1.2, I believe)

I have also the same problem, are there any news to this issue? I don’t like to pay to see a black screen…

I had this problem aswell. Now here’s how I fixed it.

I waited.

About five to ten (!) Minutes later the game suddenly starts. It seems like there’s something loading without a loading screen…

I hope you guys get the game running with better results than me.
Greetings.

1 Like

The only way I was able to fix this was by uninstalling and reinstalling the game

After intro video the game close without crushing report.

P.S. Repair didn’t help.

Hello,

Ive had this issue since I bought the game, but its not as bad as it is for some people. When I start the game after the cutscene i get a black screen with logo for about a minute, initially loading into my character which is an online char also takes about a minute. When I save and exit also a black screen with logo for about 20 seconds.

Tried removing indices and config map as well as re-install. Neither helped much although it did get the startup black screen with logo to around 20 seconds.

I have the same problem! This after the lastest patch! The game works fine before the patchs! Fix please!!!

Same here after latest patch. Error code: F9195855-82CE-486B-A8E2-C7F1CAD45DA3 (if i wait long enough). Last time at first patch I lost 2 chars from online when I had “loading screen bug” A fix would be appreciated >.> and if you can on top of that not lose my chars you get +10 points. Pfft ._.

The Ps4 Pro version runs way to slow in loading times so I bought the pc version just today.

Got the same issue. Nice Blizzard.

I miss the times were the quality of your games was good.

2 Likes

I have the same issue, the black screen on launch, tried to disable to firewall but it didnt help

Same here, now a few months later. Would love a blizzard responce to this issue. Just bought the game and cant even play, where is the good old blizz quality ey?

1 Like

When this happens your system is usually not meeting the minimum system requirements for the game, if you are sure you do then it could be a case of your Graphics Card not switching the integrated GPU to your dedicated GPU. Check with your Graphics Card manufacturer on how to do this.

There are a few other things to check too:

1. Make sure your Graphics Card drivers are up to date.
  2. Install the latest Windows Updates
  3. Reset the Game Settings
  4. Enabling GPU scaling can also help you can find it in the graphic card settings

If the issue persists, please upload your system files to pastebin.com and reply with the links to the files using the preformatted text option to encapsulate the links.

Hi, the file is too big to send it with pastebin. Is there another way to send my system file?

Yesterday (before 2.4) : worked well
Today (after patch 2.4) : doesnt work (black screen, gountlet, etc

I repaired : unusefull
I reinstalled : unsusefull
I uptated by graphic card : unsuefull

I tested on my old laptop : everything works well there
…but not on my powerfull PC gamer

1 Like