Change HOSTILE, because player killer

when blizzard finally change that hostile at diablo 2 ?

sooooo many player killer at hc who kills low guys during playing.

why dont change that hostile ?
… if someone make hostile … others have to accept it … and ONLY THEN killing each other should be possible !!

duells are possible then … but realy bad player killer cant kill anymore others…

so bad … 3 days again d2r … lost 2 chars … and saw many others got killed from player killers …

btw… are they proud killing with for example lvl 80 lvl 20 guys ?

PLZZZZZ BLIZZARD CHANGE THAT … realy realy bad … hours of hours playing for nothing. if such guys kill others … and ruin the fun of the game.

7 Likes
1 Like

Nope. Wild West mechanics is amazing and a relic of the past and must not be destroyed by new players. If it disappears it will never appear in another game. Sorry. You can always exit game yknow you wont drop a tyraels might at level 20.

4 Likes

Isn’t there a WP time penalty after declaring HOSTILE to someone else? Should be long enough to get into town or make a new game. I actually like that mechanic it also works the other way around. Just make friends and let them kill the PK

press esc, leave game = solved

2 Likes

It’s nice there’s PK in the game I think (ofc assuming 0 cheating),
and the game gives you tools to escape any unwanted situation really fast with TP=>town and with avoiding to let them know where you are while you’re standing close to an entrance or a WP.

So yeah just use these tips and you should be able to dodge pretty much 100% of the PKs.

1. Disable the automatic party invite / party accept.
  2. don’t give info to unknown player as to where you are exactly until you trust them or are far enough from any area entrance or WP.
  3. if they hostile you just immediately TP => enter TP or save & exit.

that’s it dodged 100% i think. the only thing they can do is teleport to you faster than you can TP out if they know where you are and you’re too close to the WP or entrance. Still can likely dodge that with save & exit.

of course assuming 0 cheating you may want to actually fight it which could be fun but beware of balance lul^^ gl hf

1 Like

People are falling for the age old trick.

The PK enters a game and acts friendly, then helps with a quest or two and offer to give the remaing WPs because they have to (supposedly) leave. They open some TPs but then one TP will be right outside town (hoping that the victim won’t check the name above it) where they can declare hostility and kill in 1 second.

Can’t remember for sure but like 20 years ago, about a year after LoD was released the devs gave a Q & A in a PC games magazine, where they said they deliberately put in (and won’t baby) those mechanics that enable players to fraud others out of items or to lure them to their deaths to add to the dark atmosphere of the game.

5 Likes

haha technically yes they could try to gain your trust before killing you when they know you’re taking some WP yeah always should be rly careful if you’re on a WP / entrance and somebody knows and may be able to get to it now

WE need LOBBY fix -.-

STILL BROKEN after 1 year !!! my Paladin in HC is lvl 76 ranked ladder 636.924 !so this game have more then 636.924 PLAYERS and hell games 13 -.- and no refresh always same games so broken LOBBY !!! SOLO BATTELNET WTF !!! i play Multiplayer to play SOLO -.- crazzy no fun rly !!

3 Likes

Stop crying you are playing HARDCORE… IF YOU AREN’T HARDCORE DONT PLAY IT

Stop letting the loud, insufferable pvp minority speak for you.

they can cry carebare all they want. Fact is very few actually appreciate this type of hardcore pvp mechanic. Pvp focused games flop all the time. Special Servers with hardcore pvp rule sets flop all the time. Pk in d2 is one way street enjoyment.

This one way pvp bs along with the players that appreciate are toxic by nature. Its fun at some elses expense. They dont want balanced matches wich is why they dont want to allow pvp confirming. They are toxic af look at how they attack preferences in order to justify their pvp mechanics.

Of btw, theres a reason why its a relic of the past. Because people dpnt like it. They show they dont like it by leaving or not buying the game.

4 Likes

Yeah if you play HC you always gotta be wary of strangers, they might carry you through the whole a1 to a4 but then kill or get you killed in a5, some things to especially watch out for:

• Always check where a TP leads to, if it goes to the area right connecting to town, don’t use it. This is a popular PK tactic in a2, because there are a lot of WPs to give/take and people get in lazy autopilot and just click.

• Be wary of TPs after a carrier (highlvl character) has spent a lot of time in an area/dungeon alone. He might have piled up mobs or grouped up dangerous mobs like souls and it could be a dirty TP.

• Don’t try to engage low lvl paladins if they go hostile, even if you outlevel them alot. They’re usually very specialized charge PK builds. Just leave the game.

• In chaos sanctuary be wary of carrying players, especially sorceresses, they might try to get people killed with the De Seis/Defiler group spawn with a quick tele and activating the seal with Telekinesis.

Yeah exactly. If you do PVE, you all have fun. If you do the sneaky hostile pk crap, only one side has fun while ruining it for others. Why have such a crap balance in your game?

1 Like

It’s part of HC. They have already taken many steps to make it harder for the killer.

WPs can only be used after a small cooldown after hostile.
Stuff like BS/Blizz dissapears when entering town and can not be used for precast killing anymore.
TPs dissapear when hostiling someone.
Can’t take tps of teammembers when being hostile to someone.
PW protected games if somebody is lurking around all the time.

There are enough measures to prevent being killed instantly. If you stay outside and get killed it’s just because you were overconfident or blind/deaf.

3 Likes

Yes, victim blaming. Great game design.

1 Like

Well he had like minimum 5-10 seconds to go to town.
I agree that there were unfair situations like the blizz precast tp hostile killing method. But nowadays you see the hostile, you can take a sip of your coke and go town completely relaxed.
Like it or not, everyone knows the dangers and accepts the terms when playing hc. Some people might be scared off to sc, but for some it’s the most fun it can get.

1 Like

Well yeah but why should we “like it or not” when the game could be made more enjoyable for most people at the expense of some psycho not being able to kill guys not aware.

It’s not like the game ever tells you how pvp works anyway, you figure that out yourself.

As a HC player, you should be able to press ESC, hit save and exit, before the hostile sound has played to end.

After so many years of HC playing, I am not even thinking about it, it just happens.

2 Likes

But what about the people that only play HC to pk others? Is their fun worth less? If you need to learn pvp you should play SC first, like all beginners should actually do.

The game is called HARDCORE for a reason. If i start a new game and cry because i can’t finish the game on first try on ULTRA-EXTREME difficulty i don’t understand what difficulties are for.

I see that it’s frustrating for some people when being killed. But in my eyes the game found a reasonable balance between giving the prey a chance and not destroying the hunters fun completely. Everyone has at least 5-10 seconds time to enter a tp (if it’s not just right in front of town at least)

1 Like

I don’t PK people but i like to kill PK’s. So removing this mechanic removes my fun aswell. There are already so many options to avoid this. And this game is bytheway a classic game where the dev’s don’t babysit you all the time and protect you. Call it bad game design but for me too it’s good game design to give people “options” to be an outlaw or a hero.